...life can be translucent

Menu

Candid, and anyone else who cares to comment

S

seeker

Candid, addressed this specifically to you because I found in the archives where you answered a similar reading and Hilary commented you are the resident expert on 23. The discussion wasn't complete though because it degenerated into something else and the moving lines were never addressed specifically, so would like some additional insight if you do not mind.

The reading is 25.1.4.5 to 23 received over a week ago in response to if Thomas and I would get back together (decided to stop calling him X, no one here knows me or him, and it just seemed to minimalize the meaning he had for me). Anyway, I can see this a few different ways and wanted greater insight. You said in the archived post that 23 is about stripping away appearances. You also mentioned emotional quagmire, and oh yeah, that applies. I have also seen it translated as strip away what is outdated. From what I have been able to discern, 25 is about truth and sincerity. So, I could see this as seeing strip away my outdated hope and accept the truth that he is gone, but 25 and the moving lines seem too positive for such a dismal meaning. But I know myself well enough to know that sometimes I see what I want to see, which is why I keep coming here and annoying everyone. Looking at it another way, I could see it as saying strip away appearances, things are not as they seem and the truth will emerge. Or looking at 23 as actually being the result, I could see it saying the truth will emerge and strip away appearances, a subtle difference, but subtleties are important with it comes to Yi, or so I have found.

Of course part of the problem could be I asked a yes or no question, and Yi doesn't give yes or no answers. On a different note, having had several people comment that Yi sometimes does not answer your question directly, I have started asking for that when I pose the question. Something to the affect, Yi, can you please answer this question directly, in my limited understanding I am easily confused. Do you think that Yi will respond to that or will it continue to just be Yi???

C

candid

Hi Seeker,

Your understanding of 23 seems sufficient enough to be applied well here. What I think might help you more is seeing how the primary and secondary hexagram work together to form a whole image, like two eyes seeing or forming one picture.

When you strip away something, what do you get? You get what?s underneath the hard appearance. You get innocence and true nature. You cut the dead wood to let the living grow.

No hexagram guarantees success or dictates failure. 25 has warnings and pitfalls, just as 23 might be seen to have. ?If someone is not as he should be, he has misfortune?. So this stripping away is the very thing that allows your true nature to show through. Your change lines supports this: It?s not so much a matter of fixing things as it is letting things become.

S

seeker

But how does that answer the question, or is this one of those that answers that just gives advice and the question stays unanswered.

C

candid

"if Thomas and I would get back together" is the only question I saw in your post.

"It?s not so much a matter of fixing things as it is letting things become." is the answer.

C

candid

Seeker, sorry if this sounds a little tough or blunt, but if someone insists on only a yes or no answer, they could flip a coin. Much less confusion. And chances are, if they applied their whole and best self into that decision, it would bear fruit.

S

seeker

Wasn't looking for just a yes or no, but was hoping there would be an indication. But like I told Val on her post, I don't know that Yi ever gives a true yes or no. I think it just tells you if the door is open or closed, and how best to proceed. Approach it slowly, walk quickly through it, knock, or look for another door, or maybe even go through the window. I just like to make sure I am interpreting the advice correctly, since I'm still new.

Not one for tossing coins, too random. Its why I don't trust pendulums, which will, ostensibly, give a yes or no. I believe in the mystical, but I'm a scientist at heart. I follow Yi because the process makes sense to me. There are scientific connections to the binary system we use for computers (and communicating with aliens
happy.gif
), and to the patterns of dna. I beleive the universe has patterns and order, even in the most chaotic system. Its there, even if we haven't yet found a way to define it. And I think Yi is like that. Ones mans science is anothers magic.

C

candid

That?s all fine, Seeker. But the whole object is to apply it. Personally, if skipping a stone provoked a constructive or inspiring image for me to follow, I'd trust it and would follow it. Understanding something with your mind is miles apart from consuming it and allowing it the time to grow inside you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).