...life can be translucent

Menu

Effect of Diet 33.6>31

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been on this new diet. I don't necessarily want to lose weight (although I probably could stand to lose a few), but because I read that it might make my brain cells grow (I have a family history of Parkinson's and I REALLY don't want to develop Parkinson's). It is also supposed to do some other good things for your health (blood pressure, cholesterol...yada, yada, yada).

The diet is very simple. Two days a week you restrict your food intake to 500 calories. The rest of the days you eat what you want. This diet is probably more of a long term lifestyle choice. I don't do it if I have a cold or for some reason I'm not feeling well.

Anyway...since I can't afford elective before, during, or after SPECT scans of my brain, I asked the Yi "What's the effect of this diet on my health?" I received 33.6 > 31. I think the reading is generally auspicious, but I'm not sure what 31 exactly means.

33 Retreat or as LiSe calls it, Saving your Bacon.
Hilary: The old Chinese character for ‘retreat’ shows a pig and footsteps on the road; perhaps this pig is running away so as not to be eaten.

LiSe: Sometimes you are the pig, running for your life.

This answer kills me :rofl:. Okay...very funny...I'm interpreting this to mean I'm a pig retreating from food (BTW, I'm starving right now).

33.6 ‘Rich retreat. Nothing that does not bear fruit.’ Seems super positive. Fruit would taste really good now...mmmm.

31. Influence. LiSe: "The noble one receives people by emptiness". I'm not particularly noble but my stomach is empty. 31 also says that "perseverance furthers". I think that means keep going.

Any help in interpreting this would be greatly appreciated. :bows:

I'm sitting here thinking of the bacon and fruit I have in the frig...bacon is meat candy...mmmm.

Chibi Chan

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Similar to going on a fast, this diet will result in a greater psychic openness and sensitivity. I don't know how to translate that into brain anatomy or biochemistry. With me, this line is associated with insightful dreams.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
"What's the effect of this diet on my health?" I received 33.6 > 31.

My impression from the reading is that you might check your other options/diets too. I would do some additional research re claims like "make my brain cells grow" . Not sure if you found this diet in a valid site but retreat and influence sound a bit warning sign here. Not that something bad is going to happen , just investing in something that might be not the best approach.

1eleven

visitor
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with the days you "eat whatever you want" than the 2 at 500. I get this from "don't become over concerned with limits and restrictions" from the book CHANGING. With that said, 33.6 refers to watching your back and being cautious but no need to overreact.

You may be inspired by this, which is great, but don't expect drastic changes.
-----

EDIT. I read the wrong line, 33.6 reads your limitations lead to liberation. Prosperous, but modest gains.

Last edited:

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their replies!

Ginnie - I think you're right. I've noticed a little more mental clarity since I've started. Many cultures have a long tradition of intermittent fasting (usually for religious reasons) and I've wondered how these practices effect their health.

Amenos - I will definitely look around. The diet doesn't specifically claim to make brain cells grow. But I've read that intermittent fasting or reduced calorie intake does "stress" the body into producing a few extra. So I figured this would be one way to try it. I know of a couple of different diets that claim to adjust your brain chemistry (The whole super foods thing with lots of nuts, lean protein, and dark green leafy things, etc). I was drawn to this one because it's simple.

1eleven - "modest gains" in brain cells are exactly what I'm looking for...yeah!...I know not to expect miracles. I was just wondering if this was the right place to put my efforts. I have a "shot-gun" approach to food selection. It's a little bit all over the place. I eat food that's super good for you, but I also eat junk (did I mention my love for bacon?). People that have seen me eat say that I have a good metabolism, because I can really pack it away (sadly, I can't eat as much as I used to...it was quite a spectacle).

I think that I'll continue on this diet (while continuing to research other options).

If my Yi interpretations become more intelligent, it's because my brain has become immense ;).

Thanks again

Chibi Chan

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).