Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
D
dancingfox
Guest
Hi folks
So me and X have been together for over 4 years. We have been living together since April this year. It’s been a rocky road, I’ll explain:
He is addicted to amphetamines and gaming. Killer combination. Before we lived together there was lots of turmoil in our relationship, his addiction(s) and for me, financial difficulties in the past. As for me, I worked very hard to get out of debt and since march this year I am free of debt, ready o build a normal life now.
Despite all the difficulties we stayed together. My love for him has always and steadily proved stronger than any of the problems that presented themselves in the past. I mean that. I know how all of this sounds, but love has always prevailed, despite my own (and other peoples) better judgment;
We are living together since April this year. Moving in together was a BIG decision, at the time I wasn’t so sure about our relationship. It was like a leap of faith of sorts. In the end I decided we deserved a chance at a normal life together. With my financial problems out of the way this suddenly became an option. I even had some savings, I put everything I had into start building a new life from scratch.
Right now, I am starting to realize the full scope of his addiction, and my tolerance is waning. I know something gotta give, because I just can’t continue like this. I recently started seeing a psychotherapist, and the main thing that came out of our sessions is (what a surprise) this situation.
I realize now that I have been trying so hard to make this work that in the process, I forgot to nourish my true self. He is difficult to confront. He is not aggressive or mean, he has a truly good heart but he is passive aggressive and like any true addict he is in absolute denial about the truth of his addiction.
I am gathering courage to confront him once more, this time as a last resort, really. I don’t want to lose him and I am prepared to fight for our relationship, but he has to be in this with me. I think the only real solution for him is to seek professional help. I know to confront him will be draining. I am afraid for what will come and I am seeking advice from the Yi.
But what does it mean in this context?
What will be his reaction when I tell him I believe he needs professional help? Hex 31.1.5 tot 55. Will look into this myself after work. I needed to unload, so here I go
I would very much appreciate the input of the wise people of this forum. :bows:
So me and X have been together for over 4 years. We have been living together since April this year. It’s been a rocky road, I’ll explain:
He is addicted to amphetamines and gaming. Killer combination. Before we lived together there was lots of turmoil in our relationship, his addiction(s) and for me, financial difficulties in the past. As for me, I worked very hard to get out of debt and since march this year I am free of debt, ready o build a normal life now.
Despite all the difficulties we stayed together. My love for him has always and steadily proved stronger than any of the problems that presented themselves in the past. I mean that. I know how all of this sounds, but love has always prevailed, despite my own (and other peoples) better judgment;
We are living together since April this year. Moving in together was a BIG decision, at the time I wasn’t so sure about our relationship. It was like a leap of faith of sorts. In the end I decided we deserved a chance at a normal life together. With my financial problems out of the way this suddenly became an option. I even had some savings, I put everything I had into start building a new life from scratch.
Right now, I am starting to realize the full scope of his addiction, and my tolerance is waning. I know something gotta give, because I just can’t continue like this. I recently started seeing a psychotherapist, and the main thing that came out of our sessions is (what a surprise) this situation.
I realize now that I have been trying so hard to make this work that in the process, I forgot to nourish my true self. He is difficult to confront. He is not aggressive or mean, he has a truly good heart but he is passive aggressive and like any true addict he is in absolute denial about the truth of his addiction.
I am gathering courage to confront him once more, this time as a last resort, really. I don’t want to lose him and I am prepared to fight for our relationship, but he has to be in this with me. I think the only real solution for him is to seek professional help. I know to confront him will be draining. I am afraid for what will come and I am seeking advice from the Yi.
But what does it mean in this context?
What will be his reaction when I tell him I believe he needs professional help? Hex 31.1.5 tot 55. Will look into this myself after work. I needed to unload, so here I go

I would very much appreciate the input of the wise people of this forum. :bows:
