...life can be translucent

Menu

Married friend declares his love

Viva07

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everybody! Finding his forum was a true Season's treat to me! Thank you in advance.

A couple of days ago a dear male married friend has recently declared he is in love with me. I asked IC "what should I do about it?" and got H 38 (no lines): OPPOSITION.
Being very confused about my own feelings (on one hand, he is a wonderful person. On the other, I know his wife and wouldn't want to be a cause of divorce), I asked IC "What do I want?" And got H7 THE ARMY, line 5.
Does it mean I should "fight for him"? Does anyone have a clue? :confused:

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What do I want? 7.5(Army) -> 29(Danger)

You want to seize the game, that got out of woods and now is in the open field. But it will bring only troubles in the long run.
Internal hexagrams: 24.6(Return) -> 27(Nourishment)
Line 6: The chance to return/reunite have been missed, if you continue nothing good will happen.

Hex 27 asks you to consider your decision carefully, do you really want it? Will it be beneficial to you? How will it nourish you?

I don't know the state of their relationship at this moment, but if they have children, especially young, the divorce would impact their lives in a big way.

What should I do about it? 38(Opposition)
Another meaning in line 7.5 is that you should defend the field from invaders, and then return to your normal life.
In this context I think hex 38 says: You should oppose his move towards you.

You know, there are more auspicious hexagrams for a potential relationship: 2 (follow his lead), 35 Progress, 19 Approach, 37 Family, 13 Fellowship, 8 Union, 55 Abundance etc.

Also Nigel Richmond writes about 7.5, that 'eldest son' represents your old ideas and feelings that try to rule the current situation, and you shouldn't allow them to.
Maybe you need to re-examine your feelings for him? are they up-to-date? I just don't know how much time have passed since you saw him.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
My two cents:

Oh Boy! Very Dangerous situation!
*Get out of it.*

38: Alienation (and deals with Reconciliation)
I see it as saying you need to distance yourself from him and encourage him to reconcile with his wife.

"What do I want?" 7-5
You want a (mature) strong man of age and experience.
Line 5: the birds are an invading force. 5 speaks of a strong man, but also notice it mentions the danger of letting an immature man take the leading role. (Carts full of corpses)

No matter his chronological age, your male friend is behaving as an adolescent (I can speak with certainty because I was one once): enthusiastically pursuing a desire
Without regard to consequences to himself or anyone around him. Do not indulge him in this or you will create suffering for several people.

Now, if you don't do this in a strong way:
He may beg and plead his case, utter poetic expressions of "sincerity" (really just wooing attempts even if he believes them to be something else)

Knowing what you want: a mature man, dont accept less.

Best of luck.
Me

Viva07

visitor
Reaction score
Dear ashteroid and Moss Elk,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciated them. I'm only a beginner and have a lot to study.
Before I got your answer (and after chating with my friend through Skype) I decided to ask Yi again for an advice. I got H 63, L1, 3. So I guess you are right: it's a tricky and dangerous situation.

Thanks again for the advice. Hoping you all have a grate 2014, with peace and health

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
63.1.3 does lead to 8 Union, but both lines represent a tedious work.

Just as I was reading the line 3 description by Wilhelm:
"The high ancestor punishes the devil's land. After three years he conquers it. One should not use common people."

I saw grandma put a plate on the table, then another plate on the top, and then cup on top, and then another cup in the base cup, and the whole 'china tower' wobbled for 2 minutes! I've never seen anything like this. At first I thought it would never stop wobbling, but then it gradually stabilized.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 38: Your reading for romance

Hexagram 38: Your reading for romance

出生时间:年 性别:女 起卦方式:直接指定
起卦时间:2013年12月25日04时22分
起卦农历:癸巳年十一月廿三日寅时
神煞:天乙—子申 福星—丑亥 日禄—卯 羊刃—寅 驿马—亥 桃花—午 华盖—丑
干支:癸巳年 甲子月 乙丑日 戊寅时
旬空:午未  戌亥  戌亥  申酉

六神  伏神    艮宫:火泽睽 
         【本 卦】
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母己巳火  
白虎 妻财丙子水 ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟己未土  him
滕蛇       ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己酉金 世you
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟丁丑土  him华盖福星
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼丁卯木  日禄career
青龙       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母丁巳火 应him & his marriage

1. Look at line 5: his house of marriage; a. sibling line wei earth (him) – empty under the year of the reading. He is not available. Behind his line, there is his wife zi water (hidden line) – same as the month of the reading. The wife occupies the house of marriage.

2. Line 5 earth produces line 4 you metal. Line 5 is him and line 4 is you. The man made an attempt to let you know he is interested, despite that he has a wife. Line 5 is yin line and line 4 is yang line.

3. Line 4 is you, represented by you metal which has a confronting relationship with the man at line 2 officer mao wood. This man has a career (income potential).

4. Line 3 is another person who sits in your house of spouse (chou earth). This man is in conflict with the other with the line 5 man (him). This person can be another female or him or his wife because chou earth and wei earth conflicts with each other. This person carries a lucky star and also is very intelligent.

5. Line 1 and line 6 represents si fire, his marriage relationship. This is si fire year until 2014 Feb 4.

After that, it is wu fire year for another 12 months into 2015 Feb 4. The remains of si fire lasts until Aug 8 2014. Thus, his marriage is very solid. This is the boundary of your reading.

6. Back to your role in all this picture, you are not really interested because line 4 is child line you metal which suppresses the officer line (incoming man, seeker for your hand).

7. This is only the beginning of your problem. By Feb 4 2014, you cross over into the next year wu fire. If you examine the reading, it becomes you metal (you, line 4), a man (line 2 mao wood), year (wu fire), wife zi water (hidden line under the line 5). Zi water/wu fire/mao wood/you metal forms a romance picture which is not any kind of romance at all. Him, his wife, you, his career – this is more than a triangle relationship. You are nothing more than the 3rd party in the relationship. Spouse, no, but a play mate or sex mate to him, that’s all.

Hexagram 38: scripture
睽孤,遇元夫;或男女离异而重逢也;或婚外生活,影响事业;或感情断,而经济则未断也。

You are lonely and try to meet with a person who have marriage problem with potential divorce potential. This extramarital affair affects career. The man still has to support his spouse.

或男女则病伤在身,不能自理也;或招养夫妻以全生计也.
He has to provide support because there is health related issues with the spouse.

38 火泽睽 (兑下、离上,反省之象)
情侣会不明究理的分手,尝尽失恋之苦。夫妻则同床异梦,貌合神离。

Hexagram 38 means breaking up for no apparent reason and the person involved will be heart-broken. If this is a spousal relationship, the two partners have no understanding of each other’s role in the relationship, no heart-felt feelings.

Advice; Do not let your emotion override your logics. This is a relationship for the moment. Do not expect it to grow. You should not accommodate the differences by changing yourself. There is a definite attraction, you must ask yourself whether you want to be someone’s underground mistress who will never see the light for a relationship that can cherish.

This hexagram is tui metal lower trigram and li fire on the upper hexagram. This means fire cannot burn downwards (no air) and metal cannot support the fire (it is not wood). Tui metal is a younger female seeking pleasure. Li fire is a middle-age woman. There is no image of the male in this composition. Excessive pleasure leads to harm of the younger female. The Li fire female has good body shape. If this is his wife, she is not unattractive. If you were the younger female party, watch out.

Conclusion: Nothing more than an affair that the man is seeking. Your next hexagram 7.5 will tell you more. If you post a reply, I read more. Else, that is.

Hexagram 38 carries the image of 4 of cups:

Love: Look hard at yourself as to whether you are being realistic with regards to love. Do you have your heart set to the exclusion of everyone else? On someone who isn't giving you very much back or who is quite literally unavailable?

Four of Cups tarot card can also signify an unstable relationship where a traditional commitment does not exist. That is, you have been seeing someone and you want him to commit to you. As a matter of fact, you are very helpful and loving to this man. Like a therapist, you listen to his problems and even when necessary you offer him sex. He, on the other hand, enjoys all of it, but does not show any interest in starting a long term relationship with you. Worse than this is the fact that he always seems to come up with excuses to avoid the conversation about it. Additionally, this tarot card represents a time when you have many options, but you choose not to date anyone at all.

Now if you are doing the reading to find out what your love interest thinks of you and you end up with the Four of Cups then it means that he is too full of himself and thus he does not take time to see the real you. So there is a possibility that he feels that he deserves someone better than you.

In a relationship spread the Four of Cups suggests that one has withdrawn from a relationship and is hard to reach. This could be physically, emotionally or mentally. There could be signs of emotional coldness and aloofness. Depression may be present or just plain indifference. If this is your partner, then you will feel very distressed and insecure when every one of your efforts to engage or encourage is either ignored or dismissed. You may not know what it is that you have done to deserve such treatment but there is a good chance that this has nothing to do with you at all but just a personal crisis that your partner is going through.

However, The Four of Cups turning up in a relationship spread usually indicates trouble and can be a sign that the wonderful romance and love once shared is beginning to fade or has wilted altogether. It is a warning flag to couples to spice up their relationship before it is too late. It is a sign that you have been taking things for granted and everything may have become too predictable and stale. Little effort may be going into maintaining the relationship and this can cause couples to drift apart.
Unquote

Time to go separate ways before someone gets hurt. The person is you. At Christmas, single female is vulnerable. The man is not stupid to make a move for his own personal gain. In the bottom of his heart, there are better females than you (hexagram 7 reading). He thinks that you are an easy take! If you want to know what is hexagram 7, please post a reply.

All readings from Long Yi are free when he has time. Please donate a small package of food to the food bank if you appreciate the analysis.

Disclaimer: The 6 line method analysis outcome depends on the year, month, day and hour of the reading. Thus, please do not use the above analysis for another hexagram 38 reading cast at a different time with change line etc.

:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).