...life can be translucent

Menu

New job offer - hex 42 unchanging

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,
I was offered a new job, but since there are many pros (dynamic, evolving field) and cons (underpaid, flying from one place to another every month maybe even more often than that) and I have already some work going on in that community, so I more or less know what I am going into - especially some individuals which are hard to deal with.
Innerly I would rather reject the offer, I even remember one night I had a dream about withdrawing from the job, since it is so underpaid and means to be on a constant move. It is kinda making me nervous ... So I asked I ching if i should take the offer and I received hex 42 - increasing. I first have interpreted this as if i take the job it will help me to grow personally and also maybe financially. But somehow regarding my inner voice I am not really sure if I have interpreted this correctly. Maybe I have asked the question in a wrong way..

Thank you for your insights.;)
E.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm 42uc is an odd one so I think it may be wise to listen to your inner voice.

I say 'odd' since the times I have had it for advice I certainly wouldn't say 'pour more energy into this' was a good idea. I have taken it as 'be generous about this'. I think one is advised to follow what seems to be improvement. But if there is no improvement in following this opportunity my advice is don't take it.

One time I was a bit involved with an extremely flakey person. There was no doubt in my mind I did not want to continue this on/off thing, it bought me little or nothing and I was more than ready to let it go. When asking about handling it, since I still had to see him, I got 42uc several times. I decided not to hold anything against the person, but not to seek anything further from them either. Strange for 42 but sometimes unchanging hexagrams can act in odd ways. I even wonder if 42uc asks "is this an improvement or can you do better ? Does this increase you ?."

Others may tell you to pour all your energy into this but it's not my view. I think there's a ? over this and I would pay heed to this

Innerly I would rather reject the offer,

I think the Image says something like "when a man sees good he follows it and when he sees what isn't he declines it" (the Trojan I Ching ;)). The advice in the Image often seems more pertinent in the unchanging hexagram. I wonder if what it says in the Image is fundamentally what you have been doing, which is weighing up the pros and cons.

I know in my example there was no doubt the liason was not increasing for me. However it was in my mind to be generous to him nonetheless in terms of not holding his behaviour against him...but being civil and moving on to richer pastures, where there was advantage.

So if you decline the offer be very friendly about it. I think you can go by what you see as the pros and cons here...it tells you to weigh them and make your choice

G

goddessliss

Hi evas, I believe Hex 42 is telling you this would increase your work load - A Lot - and to make it really viable for you it would have to be a long term commitment - is that what you want? I'm with trojan listen to your intuition. - Liss

examineherself

visitor
Reaction score
I know this thread is fairly old but I also received this hexagram regarding a job inquiry. How did this turn out for you, evas?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).