...life can be translucent

Menu

Is it the Authority?

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
hello all!
could you please help me understand the I-ching answer to my question: is it the authority position he's into, or he's not interested in me?
I'll explain: the man I am interested in is one of my tutors. First time I met him, I sensed good chemistry. I emailed him and I got a simple friendly kind reply but nothing else (just a comment on some book we discussed previously). As he's been away for a few months, I saw him recently, and as I always try to not make a fool of myself, and also because his last email wasnt really encouraging, I didnt take any initiative and I really shouldnt!). It might be clear that he's not that interested as he didnt approach me at all, but this time I sensed some tension in the air, inner conflict, we brushed glances, I felt really nervous ... I still dont understand his position towards me and I feel really curious now. So I asked the I-Ching and the answer was:
62.1 > 55. Sometimes it is so difficult to stay objective, and thats why Im asking for any objective readings.....
thank you :)

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
62.1's pretty negative at first glance, but there's ambiguity here I think, probably because of the nature of your question - it's moving in two directions and one of the parts is framed negatively. (General tip: ask one question at a time; avoid negative questions.)

I'd like you to try it again with one question, and framed positively, if you're up for that. Focus on your image of the guy and you exploring the beginnings of a romantic relationship together, and ask: "What do I need to know about exploring a romantic relationship with _______?"

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Dobro and thank you very much for coming back to me. I followed your sensible advice - I didnt realise that my approach was being fairly negative, so my revised question was: "what do I need to know about exploring a romantic relationship with this guy?" And I got: 46.6>18

To me it looks encouraging, even though it seems that something has been spoilt, but with some willpower and dedication things should go favourably. That I shouldnt be afraid of coming out of the dark and address the authority in question, move the stillness. So, if this is true, I wonder if this answer implies me being the only one who is being encouraged to be proactive (?) Any further interpretations?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
46.6 is about ascending, even though you don't see clearly where you're going, ascending without stopping.

How does that portray the projected romantic situation?

What does that suggest to you as a course of action?

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Dobro. About relationships, I never see where Im going! so this one seems, according to the Yi, involving efforts and use of willpower, energy. I tend to be a bit oldfashioned in that I want the man to come to me really, whereas now it feels to me, or I interpret it, like a challenge to my personal growth in terms of taking initiative and leading the way. Especially in this case it would make sense as he is a college tutor and wouldnt want to risk his position by being forward with me first. So as I will have the chance to get to see him again in the new year, finally I should get to know him better and will use the occasions to talk with him. But still it feels like pressure to me, and I tend to doubt the positive outcome, if the Yi is telling me it is all based on my exclusive efforts! I will try "to ascend" but I am sure I will know when to stop :)

I'm not sure whether the first set of numbers reflects the outcome situation or the real answer and the second set of numbers is me.... Still a lot to learn from the I-Ching... at the moment using R. Wilhelm translation

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hmm, well Amykey, I must say that 62.1 and 46.6 look like a red traffic light to me.

2961.gif

And I think I understand now why hexagram 55 appears as the background of 62. You drive a Ferrari, you love to exceed the speed limit and red lights, pffffff, who cares!
biggrin.gif

In other words, you have a lot of fire.

Anyway, the light will become green, eventually, that is bound to happen. I don't know if that means that the relationship will develop into a romance. Maybe. But whatever may happen, it needs a little tiny bit of patience.
happy.gif

Hexagram 62 is kind of inflexible, rigid. Perhaps this indicates that 'position' (his and yours) is indeed a hindrance. Maybe it's somethings else but in any case it first has to melt, so to speak. And this will probably happen when you get to know each other better.
Give it some time ...

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
yes Martin,
Lack of patience, speed and fire! thats me!!! lol I will need to hold on tight to my horses then now!
I can see what you're saying and I completely agree. I stopped completely when I last saw him though, I wasnt friendly at all whereas I think he tried a bit, but I ignored him in a way (hadnt seen him for 4 months so that was almost like a shock). Funny how complicated we can be: you like someone = you ignore him!
anyway thank you for your lovely response, although 46.6 (my numbers) and 62.1 cant be exactly the same?
Everybody else, do please say more insights in case you have any more!?

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps at the present time, he has an ethical problem with dating a student/tutee... ? Perhaps there is a code of ethics at your place of learning that contraindicates this kind of relationship.

If you wait until this relationship is clearly ended and not likely to be re-instated, then perhaps you will get a green light?

Rinda

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Rinda, but I have given much thought of the ethical issues here at stake, therefore I interrogated the Yi to see whether I could get a clearer perspective, as, if he wasnt my tutor, I would have clarified my doubt of whether he's interested in me or not, a bit more effectively and earlier on. I dont think much will come out of this, even if we like each other, for obvious reasons...but still it is gratifying to have an inkling on what his view is on this ...:)
I cannot ask him direct so I ask the Yi...

J

jeanystar

62.1 - stay low, little bird, be simple, unpretentious, and dont attempt any thing out of the ordinary. keep a low profile.

46.6 What you need to know about the idea of pursuing the relationship with him is that you dont know enough yet to try... you would be moving up into the dark...nothing is clear yet, you might be advised to take a second look, gain more clarity....Maybe he is already involved with someone? or any number of things.

I wouldnt make any moves forward at this point.JMHO.
It doesnt rule out the possibility that he could come forward to you in due time, though. Time is in your favor if you stay low now, because if he is interested, this will make him more interested, not less.
Jeannie

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"But still it feels like pressure to me, and I tend to doubt the positive outcome, if the Yi is telling me it is all based on my exclusive efforts!"

No, it isn't all based on your exclusive efforts. But you have to put efforts into the situation - that's your necessary contribution. The rest of it is up to him, and up to life.

Martin, 46.6 is in no way a red light. It talks about the advantage that comes of not pausing in applying your best understanding to the situation and taking it to completion. A green light if anything, but you have to be willing to not see where you're going, let alone what the outcome will be.

jte

visitor
Reaction score
Reading this, something clicked about your two readings...

62.1 The bird wounded through flying...

46.6 Going up, up, up...

I think the advice above is quite good, so this is maybe just something to reflect on...

Hasta,

- Jeff

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Dobro, it was not 46.6 alone but the combination of 62.1 and 46.6 that evoked the image of a red light in my mind.
I had the same kind of click that Jeff mentions.
Perhaps we should have an emoticon 'Light bulb above head' for such cases.
happy.gif

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Jeff, I noticed the same thing. I wonder if Amykey feels like this guy is a 'level above' her.

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
hello everyone and thanks so much for your insights.
In my case, both 62.1 and 46.6 are about a long time of stagnation regarding my private life, small efforts, lots of hope but nothing lasting or concrete. I havent felt so much energy like in the last 2-3 years and this guy represents in a weird way the energy that I have. An irrational sensation that somehow scares me, but is part of the energy that I already had about pushing upwards, about fulfilling myself professionally and personally, and this man is part of it, somehow. I think that I owe myself to find out what all this means really, but obviously in due time, no rush. Perhaps he represents just an excellent mentor or spiritual guide or muse for a better fulfillment of my profession.
I basically do feel a green light above my head and I am scared to be honest.
I look up to him as he knows much more about me so in a way part of me does consider him a notch above me. :)
Perhaps it's only a typical passing infatuation, only time will tell.

But I interrogated the Yi:
Is his heart with someone else?
and I got: 9 - perhaps he has a small interest, nothing on a large scale?

Today I asked "How would he feel if I showed him my interest?" and I got: 2.2 > 7
In relation to "2" and "applied to human affairs, the hexagram indicates action in conformity with the situation", I have to let him led me apparently. But this situation I think is already happening, this is what I feel that he's in my fate, on my way of life so to speak, and I feel that he's there for me to act upon. The moving line 2 seems to indicate the spontaneity and naturaleness of things happening, without artifice! I like this!

But how about "7"? Does it indicate me or him? and why the Army?

puzzled Amykey :)

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

could anyone give me an interpretation on 7 "the Army" in my case?

Thank you so much and all the best, have a very good Xmas and a great 2005

Amy

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Amykey, hexagram 7 in the background probably represents your state of mind (and heart) in relation to him and what is possible with him.
It can indicate, among other things:
- that your feelings and thoughts about it are kind of disorderly, chaotic
- that you feel insecure, perhaps a bit afraid
- that you would like somebody to tell you what to do (and/or think)
- more, in the same vein ..

But, although this is not unimportant, I suspect that the main part of the answer of the I Ching is in the second line of hexagram 2.
I like what you wrote - "the spontaneity and naturalness of things happening"
Yes.
happy.gif

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
yes Martin
the second hex 7 does reflect me being worried and not too decisive about him - I need second opinions on this stuff with I-ching as Im not too experienced. I gather its a guide to see inside of you.
Anyway, that number 7 will change if/when things will start happening...:)
thanks very much
keep well
amy

J

jeanystar

Hexagram 2 line 2 , by itself , always has the relating hexagram 7...so regardless of a personal situation, there is that essence of hex 7 attached to 2.2...So the question would seem to be: how do they relate to each other?

Line 2 , for me, has the essence of one being in the right place at the right time...."straight, square and great" the movement and actions are almost effortlessly in sync with the flow of things. "Behave naturally, simply and straightforwardly"

the way I see this relating to hex 7 is in the image of a marching army...every movement of the various parts is in sync, there is a stong, purposeful flow, there is a destination and all things are moving forward to meet with this. Everything is in place and moving accordingly.

So on receiving this advice from the oracle, one would be advised to go with the flow, don't try to get too clever or out of line, just follow the natural instincts and the natural flow of events. "Act without machinations or hidden motivation.." A marching army functions most perfectly when all parts of the whole (maybe mind, body, spirit and emotions) are all disciplined, aligned, and moving with a cohesive rythym.

( i.e trying too hard or trying to make something happen would be inadvisable..the natural flow is taking you somewhere. cooperate)

that is my take, Amy.

J

jeanystar

p.s. Amy, I didnt mean to imply that you are advised against expressing interest, but it seems that the opportunity may just come about naturally rather than by planning. Going with the flow also means acting when the opportunity presents itself.
all the best to you.

amykey

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much Jeany
you are a star! (hehehe)

Seriously, it is amasing how words and images are so tightly interconnected with each other in this ancient wise form of divination! I just love the two worlds of images and words working so much in tune with each other!
And also the idea of a natural flow of things, just beautiful! :)

And the idea of contributing to the flow too, yes!

thanks again, it makes sense, completely

amy

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).