...life can be translucent

Menu

Mood & Resulting Reading

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
The other Confusion is this:

How do I know, when I do a casting, whether my reading is simply down to my temporary state and therefore not really addressing the longer term issue of my question?

I mean by this that sometimes I can ask a question when in one say very negative, screwed up state, and get one god-awful response from the I Ching like...CHASMS.....then do the same casting half an hour later and get.......INTEGRITY...or perhaps more to the point, highly contradictory advice. (These two actually are not that un-understandable.) But you might get very conflicting advice in a relatively brief time scale... answering to the same question.

I don't think this is a matter of over-egging it I hasten to add...but it does happen when I do readings fairly close to each other but not obsessively so..

When this happens, it seems to me, there must be something not 'awry' with the I ching response exactly..but anyway something that needs to be understood..?

How can I make sense of this kind of thing?

S

sooo

Our brains and hearts are not monorails in their architecture but are highly complex in features of both sending and receiving. I think your question is perfectly legitimate and certainly not exclusive to your divination experiences. I think our own reasoning powers are much more concise in answering our own questions, and we probably should be using our own reasoning a great deal more than relying on an oracle which speaks in a symbolic language and has the capability to be multidimensional and multi-directional in terms of what its answers are directed to, exactly. It can screw up a person's trajectory as well as straighten it out, which is why we are advised to use it with great discretion rather than as a replacement of our own cognitive reasoning.

But, if we do use it for multiple questions, or multiple attempts to clarify our trajectory, it is still up to our own cognitive reasoning to determine what the answers are intended to be applied to. True, sometimes the answer appears as clear as the nose on our face, other times as though it hides behind the moon, and we have to launch into space in search of it. Imo, that's just how it is.

I think it would be interesting if there was made a system to answer questions with no reference to Yi's answer, but just from the opinions of others, based on their life experiences and understanding, if that was requested specifically. As it is, that's generally frowned upon, and understandably so. But if personal opinions were solicited, not based on the reading, I think there are times someone may get more from that than they would by attempting to decipher what Yi is intending to say. But better yet, if those who ask questions were to use their own reasoning to determine the best direction for themselves.

To be a bit satirical about it, it's like teaching a monkey to use a 3/8" open wrench to turn a 3/8" nut. It works and the monkey jumps up and down, screeching in self-satisfaction. But then they try to use that same tool to solve every mechanical problem that follows, and out of frustration, the monkey throws down the 3/8" wrench, screeching in anger and frustration that the tool is no good. Adjusting our own mechanism requires more than that one tool.

But I feel what you're saying, and agree.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just through feeling your way through I think....In my own anthropomorphic way :) I tend to feel you get to know your own personal relation with Yi, how it speaks to you. It takes time to develop that I think..

..and try to stay with answers a while otherwise you will be frustrated by seemingly contradictory answers. If you asked a person the same question over and over in the end they would start giving you gibberish as an answer because by asking over and over you show you don't accept or believe the initial answers. Although it is quite natural to keep asking when something is important to you, you can wind yourself up by getting different responses to the same question....and of course be aware that after question 12 or whatever on a topic Yi can actually point at you over asking. How do you know that ? In the same way you know what a person means when you get to know them.....by listening and tuning in and so on.

oops crossed posts with Sooo

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Our brains and hearts are not monorails in their architecture but are highly complex in features of both sending and receiving. I think your question is perfectly legitimate and certainly not exclusive to your divination experiences. I think our own reasoning powers are much more concise in answering our own questions, and we probably should be using our own reasoning a great deal more than relying on an oracle which speaks in a symbolic language and has the capability to be multidimensional and multi-directional in terms of what its answers are directed to, exactly. It can screw up a person's trajectory as well as straighten it out, which is why we are advised to use it with great discretion rather than as a replacement of our own cognitive reasoning.

But, if we do use it for multiple questions, or multiple attempts to clarify our trajectory, it is still up to our own cognitive reasoning to determine what the answers are intended to be applied to. True, sometimes the answer appears as clear as the nose on our face, other times as though it hides behind the moon, and we have to launch into space in search of it. Imo, that's just how it is.

I think it would be interesting if there was made a system to answer questions with no reference to Yi's answer, but just from the opinions of others, based on their life experiences and understanding, if that was requested specifically. As it is, that's generally frowned upon, and understandably so. But if personal opinions were solicited, not based on the reading, I think there are times someone may get more from that than they would by attempting to decipher what Yi is intending to say. But better yet, if those who ask questions were to use their own reasoning to determine the best direction for themselves.

To be a bit satirical about it, it's like teaching a monkey to use a 3/8" open wrench to turn a 3/8" nut. It works and the monkey jumps up and down, screeching in self-satisfaction. But then they try to use that same tool to solve every mechanical problem that follows, and out of frustration, the monkey throws down the 3/8" wrench, screeching in anger and frustration that the tool is no good. Adjusting our own mechanism requires more than that one tool.

But I feel what you're saying, and agree.

I thought this was a brilliant post so am repeating it. There are a lot of thoughts packed in there, thoughts I've thought but not articulated.

I had a dream a few nights back that reminds me of some of what was said here.

I dreamed when I wanted to get from one end of the docks to the other I habitually got an old black man to drive me in my car. For some unknown reason I thought I couldn't drive this bit by myself. I felt a bit bad about this as I was dragging him away from the comfort of his chair etc. He was very kind and showed concern but beneath that I felt he was weary with being called out all the time. When he had finished asking of my welfare as he was driving my car, I thought to ask him something like "what about you, how are you ? and I think I ask if he needs anything ? He replies wearily but gently "Trojina please drive yourself" When I asked what he needed he said something like "I don't know but I know you do"..he meant I knew what he needed. I of course knew he was tired of me dragging him from the comfort of his home to drive me.

I don't know what that was all about but I had an inkling I had made Yi into that old black man. If I had it tied in well with what is said above about the inter relationship of our usual cognitive powers and the way we use divination.

The monkey with the wrench example was brilliant. I think it hits the nail on the head

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
I thought this was a brilliant post so am repeating it. There are a lot of thoughts packed in there, thoughts I've thought but not articulated.

I had a dream a few nights back that reminds me of some of what was said here.

I dreamed when I wanted to get from one end of the docks to the other I habitually got an old black man to drive me in my car. For some unknown reason I thought I couldn't drive this bit by myself. I felt a bit bad about this as I was dragging him away from the comfort of his chair etc. He was very kind and showed concern but beneath that I felt he was weary with being called out all the time. When he had finished asking of my welfare as he was driving my car, I thought to ask him something like "what about you, how are you ? and I think I ask if he needs anything ? He replies wearily but gently "Trojina please drive yourself" When I asked what he needed he said something like "I don't know but I know you do"..he meant I knew what he needed. I of course knew he was tired of me dragging him from the comfort of his home to drive me.

I don't know what that was all about but I had an inkling I had made Yi into that old black man. If I had it tied in well with what is said above about the inter relationship of our usual cognitive powers and the way we use divination.

The monkey with the wrench example was brilliant. I think it hits the nail on the head

Thank you for these comments. In many respects I find the I-ching meets me like a person would --without the complications. Maybe that is just indicative of how schizoid I am, but the affirmation of what is (presumably but not absolutely sure) my unconscious, and the constantly 'corrective' approach of I ching without the baggage of another human being weighing heavily upon me, somehow often makes the advice more palatable for me. On the other hand, the extremely potent images sometimes frighten me..almost to death..but I am learning not to let them scare me so much (thanks to Trojani kind, calming operations.)

Cognitively I am quite strong but my passions are also, and I am not very good at picking my way through my own paranoia when it comes to taking on board advice from denizens of our world. :eek:uch: :rolleyes:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not sure if my subconscious had made Yi into that man.....but I suspect it had.

I can see how not casting Yi as human would be more liberating. However I am hopelessly anthropomorphic when it comes to Yi, I can't help it :D

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
If it's true the I Ching mirrors back our own state to us it would make sense that when we're feeling down we would get a negative hexagram. Maybe the I Ching is doing some sort of reverse psychology so we'll say, "Whoa, it's not as bad as all that!" or maybe as Trojina suggests the I Ching gets tired too. Sometimes in my work on the psychic line I'll get these whiny callers demanding I fix their relationships and I want to say, "He hates, I hate you and God hates you. Next…."

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Then when I do a relaxation/meditation thingy and afterwards do a reading, in the reading the situation I am asking about suddenly perks up, and all is rosy.
My question is, when a person's mood is alterable so frequently-- often for no clear reason (even when there is nothing major going on in my life), and the reading reflects that, how on earth can you receive guidance?

See?

I actually do not know what to do, which way to turn, and there are no easy answers. If I was confident others had the answers, I wouldn't be working with the I ching. In the end, the answers only seem to come from a very persistent and aggressive archaeological dig ----------------into me.

Having said that, of course all input is of value and I treasure everyone's offerings on here. It is brilliant.. Really.

Last edited:

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
When things 'come together because it makes them happy to' - or something like that, Jung said, i.e. synchronous events...they seem to happen mostly when I am in 'let go' mode. It is often those times that things magically resolve. That seems to reflect my experience of 'life-pickles' I have been involved in. Unfortunately and I suppose somewhat stupidly, my own insistence on achieving my goals which always seem so desperately important, makes the process of resolution extremely troublesome and painful. I still haven't found a satisfactory balance between 'let go and flow' and 'goal-focus'. Life is frequently a nightmare as a result. Please find me a guru!!

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I still haven't found a satisfactory balance between 'let go and flow' and 'goal-focus'.

Oh man. You are not alone.

In my own work with the yi it seems about 100 times more interested in working on my attitude towards things outside me than on the things themselves--and when I stop and reflect, that's a far more valuable service to be doing me than just handing me whatever shiny toy I think I want today.

Also, it seems does not always answer on the time scale I have in mind. I've had good outcomes promised me where I was thinking "in a few weeks" and the good outcome was actually a year later.

S

sooo

ronpyatt.jpg

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
How do you do that:confused: without getting bogged down in the negatives? I mean there is that point that what you give attention to, you give energy to....? Surely shining the light in the darkness is an important approach? And isn't the darkness illusory anyway? Is watching a Cronenberg simply facing your dark side, or is it actually exacerbating and feeding disturbance? Are fairy tales genuinely helpful for children's development or are they damaging? What do we do about maya?

S

sooo

Yes, I'm not sure if my subconscious had made Yi into that man.....but I suspect it had.

I can see how not casting Yi as human would be more liberating. However I am hopelessly anthropomorphic when it comes to Yi, I can't help it :D

I think you are very fortunate to have such a friendly shadow. This, according to Jungian thought, would be a result of having close ties consciously with your dark or unknown-to-conscious side.

I've had a change up in blood pressure medication which acts to relax the vessles and arteries, including the blood flow to and through the heart, resulting in frequent bouts of extreme fatique, resulting in the need for frequent sleep. Unfortunately, or fortunately - depending how one sees it - the medication releases deep seated shadow projections, which often take on horrific dream sequences, sometimes lasting several sleep sessions sequentially. Truly obsessive themes and figures, very disturbing to the point of dreading falling back into a sleep.

I council with the Yi a number of times about this, and the Yi encourages me to move forward through these images without losing my 'duration', light or will, yet not dismissing them either. This is like going into the graveyard of my unconscious and digging up bones, which come back to life in a myriad of forms, from corpses to hoards of cockroaches emerging from renovated walls of a past dwelling. Old friends emerge as aged temptations and vices, my ex spouse in various demonic forms, and a dark male figure crying over a corpse that he can't let go of. I mean, really spooky stuff.

Yet as I reckon with these medication induced images, I find my conscious life becoming lighter, freer, gentler, and recognize their influence from previously dark recesses and layers of my self, my unconscious mind. Most all of these I am quite certain are of the Adloph Bastian folk ideas (Völkergedanken), which is a similar idea as Jung's personal or local unconscious, or if you will, our own personal or local tao, in contrast to Bastian's elementary ideas (Elementargedanken), somewhat equivalent to Jung's Collective Unconscious, or "The Tao." I suppose one can go so far as to equivocate ones spirit with The Spirit, and so on. But my point being, these dreadful dreams appear to be coming from my own psyche and life experience rather from a much broader collective consciousness. As such, I can work with them to understand my own personal shadow, rather than say the nature of a collective human psyche. And as such, the above cartoon illustration makes a great deal of sense to me. While I still do study and meditate on illuminating positive images, my own increasing light seems to be coming from revealing those disturbingly dark images reveled to me through this catalog of disturbingly dreadful dreams. Self discovery can go only so far before these shadows must be brought into the light.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you should say this

Unfortunately, or fortunately - depending how one sees it - the medication releases deep seated shadow projections, which often take on horrific dream sequences, sometimes lasting several sleep sessions sequentially. Truly obsessive themes and figures, very disturbing to the point of dreading falling back into a sleep

I had a night of such nightmares on Sunday. I'd wake, go to the bathroom, go back to sleep and they'd continue where they'd left off. For me familiar nightmares of demons tormenting me, pulling me about, tricking me. Often when this happens in sleep I call out for Jesus and the blighters vanish just like that ! Not that I am especially consciously Christian but for me it's clearly the most accessible pure or clean energy to help me. This time though it went on and on until I figured I had to tell these b*******s that I was Free ! I had to announce it and mean it, that I just didn't believe they could hold me anymore. This has never happened before. I figured all that was needed was to announce my freedom from them to them and there was nothing they could do. I then tried to tell others in the dream. Prior to that I'd been trying to trick them (not yet calling for Jesus) and whispering to others how to get free. These things hold me absolutely hostage if I tried to sneak away they'd see.....until at last I figured I was free.

What an exhausting night though I felt I had done battle all night long. In the night I do not see them as within me either, to me they are demons. ( I guess I do think there is also evil outside of us, I do not think it is all within our projections and so on, but that's another story) However I recommend the mantra to these little tykes, whether inner or outer. It is "I AM FREE" then do this :freak: It worked for me. They couldn't so anything, didn't know what to do when I didn't believe in their power...heh he

I think I have these nightmares when slightly feverish or unwell and I had had a pain killer .

What was unusual the other night was the trial and torment by demons continued after I had woken, gone to the bathroom, left the light on and then slept again. Normally after a waking interlude I don't go back in to that hell hole.

I figured that black man I mentioned earlier may be a guide figure as a medium I know mentioned him to me. Again I think he may be existing beyond me and is not just part of my imagination.

S

sooo

Thanks for sharing your experience, 'Jina. :bows:

In the past, my personal deity, or folk deity, was Jesus, and I've dispelled pursuing demons in an instant by calling upon his name also in nightmares.

We do differ in our views of these entities, though I've had to question whether my ex was factually haunting me deliberately from beyond. She had quite a vindictive nature, sending ex friends chicken bones through the mail, and such. She's done some pretty whacky shyt. I've little doubt she'd torment me if she were able. But upon deep reflection, I come back to it coming from my own psyche, and my psyche using her as an apt image to illustrate my own hidden vindictive and tormenting nature. That's how I am released from them these days. But I don't entirely dismiss other possibilities either. These mysteries are intended to be mysteries after all.

I've gone years without a single nightmare, and since going on this particular medication, my sleep is tormented more often then not. Sometimes praying for a gentle and undisturbed sleep does provide a respite from them, the deity of Jesus, though I'm not longer a religious Christian per se, does have power to settle the turbulent abyss, still. But again, is that Christ in me, or Christ out there? Maybe both.

S

sooo

Btw, it is interesting to know or remember that both Jesus and the Buddha were also tormented and tempted by their own Völkergedanken demons (or shadows), each with three temptations, which were similar but also distinct, according to the folk mythology of their time and culture: Jesus by Satan, the Buddha by Mara through her three daughters.

S

sooo

I'm tagging these questions to this thread rather than posting them in shared readings because it fits the original spirit of 'mood & resulting reading'.

About tonight's sleep? 3
Does this mean more dark and disturbing dreams? 16
Why? 20.3,5 - 52.

I know the why would not be necessary if I just quit this medication, however my VA health care providers already are aware of the difficulties with nightmares it causes but want me to continue the med anyway because it's the only one so far to keep the blood pressure in the normal range. I'm obviously trying to use this to my benefit but I'd be lying to say it isn't a disturbing side effect.

I think the sequence of answers can be interpreted quite clearly as potentially facing my shadow and testing or challenging my ability to remain calm. Feel free to offer your thoughts. This also is why I can empathize with Nemean's challenges. No one in the system seems to care that the quality of my life is being ignored so long as their prescribed medication accomplishes their primary concern of lowering my blood pressure.

As an aside, it's recently been announced that the lead cables of the brand (Saint Jude) of newer pacemaker that's been implanted has been determined to be defective. No legal action can be taken until a patient becomes a victim, in which case an heir can sue for damages. Is that nuts or what? :rolleyes:

That's why, NM, if I sound a bit critical of our health care systems, this is just one reason why. Imo, they just don't give a damn. They put you on their wheel and spin you around in circles. It's really up to us to keep ourselves together.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
About tonight's sleep? 3
Does this mean more dark and disturbing dreams? 16
Why? 20.3,5 - 52.

What peculiar answers...well they just strike me as peculiar as normally I look at answer and get a feel straight away but these...there was something about these that stops me in my tracks :confused:

I wondered if, medication aside, you were going through a metamorphosis ....ever read that Franz Kafka story where he turned into a bug ? I know 49 is seen to hold a lot of this idea of fundamental change but hex 3 unchanging is very much back to the primal chaos, the chaos prior to the formation or reformation of the being, here, you. Mind you you only asked about tonight's sleep and I'm taking the answer as more than that. I thought if nightmares are caused by medication that generally wears off after a while as the body acclimatises to it. But I could be wrong if these drugs are known for it.

Looking at the Image for 3 from Hilary's book

'Clouds, thunder: Sprouting.
A noble one weaves warp and weft'.

I just like that as applied to dreams that bring transformation to you...drug induced or not

Hex 16....more dreams...yes, looks like it, though I am wondering if you can pre set them in another direction ? 16 is pretty suggestible. Perhaps this answer suggests a touch of self hypnosis. As a child when I had nightmares my mother would tell me to 'think of nice things'. Rather than take the stoic stance against the shadow I wonder if you just need to retune your brain dial setting pre sleep to 'nice things', things that make you fuzzy soft and happy, pleasant memories'. Reminds me of that place in the Harry Potter story where to defeat some horrible mind monster he has to conjure the most loving, happiest moments he ever had. 16uc suggests to me your sleep self is so suggestible now you might be able to point it over to the "Happiness Dept" pre sleep.

the Image (some of it) for 16, again from Hilary

'....The ancient kings composed music to honour virtue,
They celebrated and worshipped the supreme lord'

When you compose, you co create. So it's time for a bit of composing....bringing helpers in for that 3ish chaos of birthing. Music before sleep ? Composing thoughts and music before sleep. 16uc here makes me think if you are going to dream wild...you can make them good wild dreams not just bad ones. It's a question of composition and what it's dedicated to.

20.3.5>52. No I don't think you must have more disturbing dreams. I think this answer advises you give the situation some more conscious thought...and this ties into the 16 too. In 20.3 you look at your own life with some detachment. Maybe you need to access the uplifting parts of life. 20.5 also points at this.

Now I come to look at them the answers aren't so odd but they feel like powerful answers. That's why they stopped me in my tracks. There's something happening here, there's a song goes like that isn't there. The 20.3.5>52 I think shows it's all okay but look at it, make it conscious, direct it, your sleeping mind, gently, that is use your conscious mind to aid sleep. Prayer before sleep seems a good idea, prayer for help with these images so you can get some rest. 52 as relating has to be a great reassurance that if you do your 20 viewing when awake you can help yourself a bit with this.

(Oh and BTW yang pattern for this cast is 39, you are coming into struggling alone, you need to turn to warmth and help. The yin pattern, the way you can find your way through the problem is hex 38. So when you do 20 thinking, in your tree house, try to think as weird as possible...weird solutions, other ways to see it.)

As an aside, it's recently been announced that the lead cables of the brand (Saint Jude) of newer pacemaker that's been implanted has been determined to be defective. No legal action can be taken until a patient becomes a victim, in which case an heir can sue for damages. Is that nuts or what?

Great ! :rolleyes:

Let us know how your dreams go !

S

sooo

hey 'Jina,

I had to just shake my head and chuckle at all three answers. I mean, if I were to take a guess before even asking them they would have looked just as they turned out, mainly because it's the same tract they had been following, the same basic ideas I had been referring to on this thread, and they just made clear sense to me.

I asked a couple more, regarding not taking them, and another about again protestng to the VA about them, neither of which looked helpful or promising. It seems, strangely, as though there's a creative purpose for these events that need to unfold.

The night was like a movie from the moment I fell asleep to the moment I woke. I doubt there was a second when the news reel took a break. Fortunately however, there was nothing especially memorable or of an extremely disturbing nature, more like just a lot of noise, like on a radio that's not quite dialed in correctly, maybe interference?

I don't smoke weed anymore, but I know that if I did, a) my blood pressure would drop, and b) the non-stop dreams would fade away. This is because the subconscious is already active during waking hours so there's no need to take out the subconscious trash at night, to put it rather plainly, lol. It's well documented that one of the immediate effects of quitting pot use is the cinematic, vivid dreaming reels start turning. But that usually only lasts a couple of weeks. Not the case here.

Yi's answers were directly related to the exact questions.
About tonight's sleep? Chaotic, erratic noise, i.e. noisy dreams.
Does this mean more dark and disturbing dreams? Noisy, otherworldly imaginings in the form of dreams.
Why? To see and contemplate my life, and to assign action or retreat from action as a result.

These same Q&A's could have applied to the last two months or so, since beginning this medication.

The good news, I think, is that they're winding down gradually, as though all the noise that needed to be brought out to my consciousness is diminishing, my past ghosts aren't scaring me, not even the bugs are bugging me :p.

Funny, you mentioning turning into a bug because last night I was going to post a mattress beneath that jumping jack green figure you'd posted elsewhere, and I saw a cartoon of a big cockroach lying in a single wide bed, like mine. Had to laugh because I couldn't help but relate it to what you've just said. But in the dream, they clearly were out and running around from a garage wall (I used to spend lots of time with hobbies in the garage, my escape place) that had just been re-walled and renovated. So they were hiding in my past dwelling, in other words. All related to the idea of reckoning with dark, hidden shadows from the past.

I don't feel disturbed today by last night's noise, actually I feel quiet inside, like when recovering from a flu or mild illness. I received 37-27 for the day, which feels right. And a bit contemplative. Going to take it easy, won't let the sound of my own wheels make me crazy.

Wishing you a great day.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The night was like a movie from the moment I fell asleep to the moment I woke. I doubt there was a second when the news reel took a break. Fortunately however, there was nothing especially memorable or of an extremely disturbing nature, more like just a lot of noise, like on a radio that's not quite dialed in correctly, maybe interference?

Yes there are some nights I need a few days to recover from. Eyes shut, head on pillow.....and whey hey it's showtime.. when I have had enough then I ask before sleep, I say 'tonight I would just like to sleep and get some rest' that works,,,,for a while....until the critters come out a few nights later

:wrydemon:
:demon::zzz: :wrydemon:

:demon::wrydemon::demon:​

see that's me in the middle and that's them gathering round

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
The Mood thing and the way it affects readings......Well I have not slept tonight at all. It is now 5.38am and I have been in utter turmoil. In the end, it is hard to say why although I have enough triggers. So apart from Home Treatment Team and Samaritans & all the rest...I came back to I Ching.
I am now more or less convinced that if someone's moods swing wildly like mine do, this will affect readings similarly wildly. I say that because I have experimented with the self same questions repeated the second day and got very different answers. I have found this before with relaxation/meditations exercises.
I suspect that someone more within the 'normal' range of feeling states, the responses from I Ching would be fairly consistent, but I do think now, more than ever, that if you experience any kind of mood disorder, this is likely to impact on the results of your castings.
It doesn't mean that the readings are not accurate -simply that they will, in my view, represent a much briefer time period and quite possibly will alter dramatically. It means that the tendencies indicated could be way out when the event occurs.
Anyway, this is my hypothesis.
I wish I could feel more confident in the sage's words, but I can't.
And I cannot manage my feeling states much more than I already do seek to.
So what is a girl to do>?

S

sooo

As I have always perceived it, the Yi can talk to my question or it can talk to me about my state of mind - the basis of asking the question. I've not always been able to make a clinical distinction of exactly when it's doing which, so I try to just contemplate or even softly meditate on whatever it says and trust it to find its way to its intended target. In the simple but wise words of someone who wrote to me today, the spirit will do what the spirit will do.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Mood thing and the way it affects readings......Well I have not slept tonight at all. It is now 5.38am and I have been in utter turmoil. In the end, it is hard to say why although I have enough triggers. So apart from Home Treatment Team and Samaritans & all the rest...I came back to I Ching.
I am now more or less convinced that if someone's moods swing wildly like mine do, this will affect readings similarly wildly. I say that because I have experimented with the self same questions repeated the second day and got very different answers. I have found this before with relaxation/meditations exercises.
I suspect that someone more within the 'normal' range of feeling states, the responses from I Ching would be fairly consistent, but I do think now, more than ever, that if you experience any kind of mood disorder, this is likely to impact on the results of your castings.
It doesn't mean that the readings are not accurate -simply that they will, in my view, represent a much briefer time period and quite possibly will alter dramatically. It means that the tendencies indicated could be way out when the event occurs.
Anyway, this is my hypothesis.
I wish I could feel more confident in the sage's words, but I can't.
And I cannot manage my feeling states much more than I already do seek to.
So what is a girl to do
>?

Do less readings ! That's what to do. You have an intellect, you ain't daft, so you know

1. the I Ching cannot give you all you need in terms of emotional support etc and
2. at times too many questions will put you in a negative tailspin

so I suggest you ask far fewer questions and if you just want to talk/share etc just start a thread in Open Space...no readings required or on other supportive forums. Unless you want to keep asking questions of course :D I mean I'm not trying to stop you, but via readings there is only so much people can say about your situation.

I don't actually think mood has a huge impact although I agree Yi does often show our inner state. I guess that sounds contradictory.

I ask in any old mood and still get answers. There is no need to meditate or be calm and pure and Buddha like to consult. Some of the best clearest answers I have had have been when I'm angry/sad etc etc. Okay one may not 'get' them for a while because of mood state, but when the mood settles one sees it.

I think if your moods swing wildly and you tend to make Yi into a judgemental figure..then only do what you can handle or you will exacerbate your problems.

I'd suggest maybe just stick to one or two readings a week. I'm assuming you do a lot more than that right now ? Are you ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have not slept tonight at all. It is now 5.38am and I have been in utter turmoil. In the end, it is hard to say why although I have enough triggers. So apart from Home Treatment Team and Samaritans & all the rest...I came back to I Ching

Here's a personal comment, and I will delete if it is too personal, but what about your boyfriend ? You do have a boyfriend, you spoke of him. Isn't he also central to your emotional well being ? I have wondered how it makes him feel when he sees you have such need for your therapist ? It's an interesting question because wouldn't he feel that the great inner emptiness you feel is something he should fill ? I wonder if he wishes you would turn to him more ? Unsolicited advice ; don't take him for granted will you ? This is a general point not just aimed at you, I have done it myself and regretted it. That is paid so much more attention to those I don't have whilst those I do have are standing there right by me being ignored. In the end the therapist is only doing her job to you, she won't see you out of the allotted time. You know I think the cruelty of these therapist relationships can be they mimic and make you think they are like real relationships when they are not. Sometimes real relationships go out of the window because of the high intensity of the therapeutic relationship

No offence intended but do tell me to delete if you like I won't mind.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, thank you for your comments. I always appreciate it. You can say what you like.

The judgemental figure thing is about right, and does make me feel like I am being beaten up by some of the answers I get, makes me feel really screwed up sometimes, and I think I do get into a bit of a tailspin about this, and yes I am asking lots of questions atm.

Also your comments about boyfriend are very pertinent. These therapist situations really divide us. Last night I talked with him a bit more about the situation. Often he seems unable to take it in, and actually gets angry with me -for what seems like no reason. But last night we actually connected a bit more and he was softer, and was more caring later in the evening too. I tend to push him away thinking he wont understand. God knows why that is. I think it is to do partly with the fact I am so intense and he isn't, and often I feel we have a very different 'take' on life. He likes art for instance but to me seems to play around with it. Whereas I eat it for breakfast lunch and supper. I find it very hard to treat things lightly. Every situation takes on tremendous significance.
On the other hand, he often helps me relax...which I need.... and he is far more accepting and easy going of things generally in life than I am.

I always value your comments.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).