...life can be translucent

Menu

Should/Shouldn't I Send This Letter??

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Would you interpret this reading in the same way as I have?

Question: What if I send this letter to ----- tomorrow?

Response: Hexagram 49.2>43 REVOLUTION.2.BREAKTHROUGH

Wow! I thought. This is REALLY EXCITING! The magik moment I have been waiting for, for Months! I can't believe my LUCK!!!

So, all ready to send, addressed, stamped, the lot. But it was 23.00hours, in jimjams, dark and cold outside and maybe scary.....so decided to leave until the morn.

Then, thought, just check 'UNVEILED I-CHING' to confirm. And there the indication seemed to be that the above reading was about 'getting prepared for action', not actually TAKING ACTION NOW, and if I did there could be possible 'defeat'.

So, did another reading:

Please confirm very clearly if it is still good to send this letter tomorrow morn?

Response: HEXAGRAM 9.2.5>22 EXERCISING RESTRAINT.2.5. BEAUTY

lINE 2 in particular, once again seemed to be telling me to 'hold back' or I might provoke unnecessary conflicts. Also, there seems to be something about waiting for 'helpers'. If I hold back, then Good Fortune.

Waaah!!

But I have been good, and not sent it---yet.

(These readings were done on 3/4/14 on Thursday night. Letter still sittin' there, staring at me on my workstation, unsent, poor thing.)

Any thoughts on this always welcome.

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Nemeanmagik,

I have not read the book you mentioned, but in my opinion the first reading does not caution against proceeding. LIne 2 says "When one's own day comes, one may create revolution. Starting brings good fortune. No blame." To me this would say rather go ahead with this letter IF and only IF you are prepared to face the consequences it may bring and deal with everything that may come out of it (no idea what that may be, but you will know). Both Hexagrams are very dynamic and will likely bring change and upheval, so the question is are you ready for that? Not knowing your situation in detail, I would recommend you to give this question good consideration. 49 and 43 to me do not speak of a smooth ride....but if in your heart of hearts are convinced that you are prepared and ready, it can be successfull.

best of luck

maui

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Given what I know of your situation I can't see that the letter would have much impact one way or the other ?

We are speaking of your therapist in the NHS in the UK again aren't we ? I don't know what is in the letter but can it significantly change anything ? I mean they won't change what they do because of what you think about what they should do will they ?

Anyway 49.2 looks like it is time to send the letter to good effect :confused: so maybe it will change something

The 2nd reading is just a repeat of the first...so I won't take it into account.

But maybe it's not about your treatment with the National Health Service and it's about something else altogether ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Both Hexagrams are very dynamic and will likely bring change and upheval, so the question is are you ready for that?

but as said in above post she is speaking of her treatment in the National Health Service in the UK. I don't see them drastically changing anything because of a letter from a patient whom they are already in the process of reviewing...:confused:

NM I am wondering if the answer might indicate that change will happen soon anyway...with or without the letter and you may get some news this week. Lets hope so

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
but as said in above post she is speaking of her treatment in the National Health Service in the UK. I don't see them drastically changing anything because of a letter from a patient whom they are already in the process of reviewing...:confused:

Hi Trojina,

I basically agree with your assessment of public health systems - they are not known to act radically in accordance with patients wishes in my country either.
Still it seems to me that the reading speaks of radical change and decisive action. So who knows maybe they will be doing something radical and decisive for once ???

Or, as you have said before, the reading is about something different alltogether...

best wishes

maui

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score

NM I am wondering if the answer might indicate that change will happen soon anyway...with or without the letter and you may get some news this week. Lets hope so

yes the question is about the very same issue. Director person who seems to be the person who needs to act is on her hols until Monday week 14th April so seems like nothing is going to happen till that week anyway... I still have not sent the letter simply because I hesitate due to IChingunveiled.UnveiledIching (on line) or whatever it is called which seems a very thorough exposition of Hexagram interpretations..

This initial reading just seemed too good to be true, too, and then when I got the second casting, talking about 'restraint'..well I bottled out not wanting to cause ruptions as a result of the sheer cheek of sending a letter to the therapist.. The letter's content was as sincere as I could get about the impact of all that has been happening on me and asking for communication about the issues.

Now, on reviewing these posts in response here, I am hoping I haven't missed my opportunity....but as you say Trojina, whether I send the letter or not, the result may well be the same.............?

Torn.

Letter is still staring at me.

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, the upheaval bit may well be right................SCARED!

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
No, its the same old same old..........going on and on without reprieve.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
well 49.2 makes reprieve look likely letter or no letter...but anyway you may as well send the letter as that is what you asked about and if it is taken as a direct answer to your question then yes you should send it. What harm can it do ?

BTW you are 2 people in this thread, wisewoman and nemeanmagik...that can confuse people

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
well 49.2 makes reprieve look likely letter or no letter...but anyway you may as well send the letter as that is what you asked about and if it is taken as a direct answer to your question then yes you should send it. What harm can it do ?

BTW you are 2 people in this thread, wisewoman and nemeanmagik...that can confuse people

Oh no, I don't know why that has happened, it is not my fault! Where's Hilary?? I am at another computer and had forgotten my password and had to change it, and now I find I am back with wisewoman! I don't understand why that has happened! Where's Hilary!!??

S

sooo

Something which has become clear to me fairly recently about 49 is that it can mean something which simply revolves, goes around in a circle. It may satisfy curiosity but it surely doesn't guarantee gratification beyond that, in fact it may simply perpetuate a continued cycling of the same item or affair.

Being caught in a similar government sponsored health care system, here in the US, offers minimal empowerment to the patient and maximum empowerment to the carny controlling the Ferris wheel.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
If the letter is a repetition of what has been said before, then I would not expect it to change anything. Nevertheless, we usually feel better when we carry out our plans, so I think you should send it anyway.

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
If the letter is a repetition of what has been said before, then I would not expect it to change anything. Nevertheless, we usually feel better when we carry out our plans, so I think you should send it anyway.

Not deliberately multiple IDing Pocossin! A problem with change of password! And hope will be sorted within 180 mins apparently, and on return home....

The site that speaks about holding back for Line 2 of Hex 49 is this one. The writer is critical of Legge, and others missing this point:

http://jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex49.htm

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score

Trouble with password change. Says on here that I have to wait 180 minutes before can be sorted, so have to use wisewoman in order to post at all! Not deliberately setting out to confuse, just cannot negotiate the IT stuff skilfully, or maybe not my baby at all...

Anyways.....

It is this site that speaks of line 2 of hex 49 NOT advising immediate ACTION, and the writer is critical of Legge and one or two others for missing this very important (he says), point:

http://jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex49.htm

This was why I held back. (I made error when referring to Iching Unveiled site -it's not that one but the above).

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Something which has become clear to me fairly recently about 49 is that it can mean something which simply revolves, goes around in a circle. It may satisfy curiosity but it surely doesn't guarantee gratification beyond that, in fact it may simply perpetuate a continued cycling of the same item or affair.

Being caught in a similar government sponsored health care system, here in the US, offers minimal empowerment to the patient and maximum empowerment to the carny controlling the Ferris wheel.

NEMEANMAGIK (Wisewoman I am now NOT)....thanks Sooo, but how about line 2? It is not..btw...Unchanging so maybe the line makes a difference?

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Nemeanmagik,

I have not read the book you mentioned, but in my opinion the first reading does not caution against proceeding. LIne 2 says "When one's own day comes, one may create revolution. Starting brings good fortune. No blame." To me this would say rather go ahead with this letter IF and only IF you are prepared to face the consequences it may bring and deal with everything that may come out of it (no idea what that may be, but you will know). Both Hexagrams are very dynamic and will likely bring change and upheval, so the question is are you ready for that? Not knowing your situation in detail, I would recommend you to give this question good consideration. 49 and 43 to me do not speak of a smooth ride....but if in your heart of hearts are convinced that you are prepared and ready, it can be successfull.

best of luck

maui

NEMEANMAGIK here. (NOT wisewoman; this is an error to be rectified).... The site that mentions hold back for line 2 is http://jamesdekorne.com/GBCh/hex49.htm

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Here we are. This is the Jerome thing:

NOTES AND PARAPHRASES

Siu: After a series of unsuccessful attempts, the man's chance to make effective changes has come. He succeeds because of the requisite capabilities, thorough planning, and public confidence.

Wing: You have reached a point where change is both necessary and timely. To bring this about requires a strong vision of the ultimate outcome and a thorough commitment to your project, but with the correct inner attitude, you will meet with success. You will now find additional support in others.

Editor: This line is conditional and subject to misunderstanding if taken as an injunction for immediate action.Legge’s commentary and the Siu and Wing paraphrases misinterpret the timing covertly explicit here: the core idea is to prepare yourself now for a later change, not to take action now. This echoes the promise in Wilhelm's Judgment: "On your own day you are believed." Blofeld adds a prescient footnote to his translation: "We must not advance further until certain major changes have been completed.” Because the Work demands almost superhuman levels of restraint, one often receives this line as a kind of promise: " When the Work is completed you may begin to be active again in the world."

Kabbalah is an undramatic tradition that requires great patience and stability. One of the reasons for this tempo is that everyone has to mature his potential gradually and thoroughly at his natural pace. In this way his life's work unfolds at the right moment in his own and the cosmos's time.
Z.B.S. Halevi -- Kabbalah

A. Prepare the groundwork for the changes you anticipate. Change will come when you're ready for it.

S

sooo

NEMEANMAGIK (Wisewoman I am now NOT)....thanks Sooo, but how about line 2? It is not..btw...Unchanging so maybe the line makes a difference?

The lines have no bearing on my point. My recent revelation of revolution involved two different readings with 49 as the primary. Both had change lines, and the second, which was a result of not being satisfied with the first answer, seemed more affirming toward my will and wish, specifically including line 5. Great omen, right? Well, not really. Though it predicted change for sure, like a tiger! the result was still entirely unsatisfying, other than I did change my mind like a tiger, I believed, with the utterly disappointing result of the change I was pushing for. Realizing my error, I "turned" (resold) the item the very next day, making the revolving wheel spin a full 360 degrees. I lost only a slight bit of money for the lesson, which was well worth it. I'd never understood 49 could work quite that way before. Just thought I'd share it with you, as it seems apt for your situation. You get to be heard (43), but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll make a tittle of a satisfactory difference.

"Ride the painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel spin."

I'm not suggesting it always works this way, but it sometimes can. Wish you luck.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Home and dry. Now back in business with NEMEANMAGIK. Sorry about the glitch with multiple IDs.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
The lines have no bearing on my point. My recent revelation of revolution involved two different readings with 49 as the primary. Both had change lines, and the second, which was a result of not being satisfied with the first answer, seemed more affirming toward my will and wish, specifically including line 5. Great omen, right? Well, not really. Though it predicted change for sure, like a tiger! the result was still entirely unsatisfying, other than I did change my mind like a tiger, I believed, with the utterly disappointing result of the change I was pushing for. Realizing my error, I "turned" (resold) the item the very next day, making the revolving wheel spin a full 360 degrees. I lost only a slight bit of money for the lesson, which was well worth it. I'd never understood 49 could work quite that way before. Just thought I'd share it with you, as it seems apt for your situation. You get to be heard (43), but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll make a tittle of a satisfactory difference.

"Ride the painted pony, let the spinnin' wheel spin."

I'm not suggesting it always works this way, but it sometimes can. Wish you luck.

Well, I am still sitting on the fence. Interestingly, now I am back home, I looked back at my original reading. I remember that the first reading 'What if I send this letter to ----tomorrow?' resulted in fact in 43.2.49. I felt I needed to tweak the letter a bit, so I did, and then did another reading on the changed version and then got 49.2.43! The exact opposite! How very odd!? I have only just noticed this.

Then, troubled by the Jerome site comments, I asked for 'clear confirmation that still good to send' and got 9.2.5.22

Today (Sunday 6th April), still feeling uncertain but needing to resolve, I asked: "So, is the time ready and ripe to send this", and got 44.3.6 ---certainly quite different from the original reading to the same question. But not very encouraging in comparison to the reading 49.2.43 as it seemed then.

Is this one: 44.3.6 just a reflection of my tensed state however tonight?

Maybe?

This feels all so crucial, and I am so troubled by events. I feel unable to let go for long before I become upset and intense about the whole saga again. Presently I am just living in a bubble, unable to get answers, to go backward or forward.

S

sooo

When pushes come to shoves, mother time and space takes off her gloves.

If you're compelled to do it, I say do it. Just don't expect it to make a big difference. At least you get it off your chest awhile.

NemeanMagik

visitor
Reaction score
Ok. so far not sent. But had phone call yesterday from Director of Whatever to go see her for - I think - just friendly, supportive chat. Nothing else so far..

I Ching tells me to exercise restraint and be......everso.........humble. (oh, yes, and 'watch your back') ?:confused::cool:

How do things augur, following this phone call? 62.3

Please tell more more about these dangers. 62.2.4

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).