...life can be translucent

Menu

13.5.6 contradictory?

S

seeker

Can someone reconcile these 2 lines for me? One talks about 2 people who belong together but are kept apart, the other talks about the warmth of the heart being absent. Unless I am reading it wrong, I am still getting positive answers about the potential with Thomas. I was really ready to finally give up, but the answers I am getting don't support that. But I am so tired and don't know if I can risk myself again. So I asked Yi why shouldn't I give up on him and got 13.5.6. If it was just 13.5 I would read it as saying that there is still potential and I just have to work through the obstacles, but line 6 doesn't seem to support that. Any thoughts? Btw, happy new year everyone, hope it brings you health and happiness.

S

seeker

Hmmm, found some different interpretations for line 6. Earlier today I was pointed toward Bradfords translation, which is now online, no need to download (thank you again sir), and when I looked up his on Hilarys list I found a couple of others that have been helpful.

Bradford and a couple of others translate line 6 as the goal not yet being attained, nothing about warmth of the heart. And another one defined as working together on equal footing for the people of a society to make progress. Lise simply defines it as finding oneness with the universe.

Anyone have a thought or direct experience???

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Seeker, I cannot extract myself as a male from your obcession even when your readings are clear and concice. I do not know you well enough to say wheather you cannot or will not relax in this moment but I have to tell you if Thomas is all you make him out to be he is a one off.

He is being very direct with his position as near as I can tell by what you asy. If you cannot reply with the same or accept his stand, you are in for many more readings.

I have found most of us cannot accept appearent rejection from the Yi and tend toward readings which make things ok.

As a man in a reverse situation (myself) which I have been in it is easier to move ahead without than escape into what if's. This is not chriticism of you attempts only insight from experience of 60+ years of presonal counceling on a cultural level in the western world.

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
line 6, i think the authors have their points though it appears to be contradictory. It is where you stand that make a difference.

Give yourself, your love and Yi a break.
And let the Tao of love works for you.
Tao is effortless.
And, take care!

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Seeker-
I can put 13.6 in two words:
Rainbow Gathering.
Or if you want edgier:
Burning Man
Fellowship out in left field
& certainly more heart than brains!
The goal not attained is the end of human evolution.

S

seeker

Jerry, sorry if this seems obsessive to you, but I said in another post it is the way I work though things; I have to analyze everything to death, just the way I am wired. I am letting him be, I have not contacted him since the apology. This was actually my last question on the subject, was going to take a break for a bit. As for Thomas, he was direct, but he was also ticked off at the time. I do not know how he would have responded if I had not sent the email accusing him of using me. He works a lot, and he was working new years eve, so even if he was going to reply to the apology, he would not have done so yet. Actually, he will probably take a week to think about it, thats just the way he is. So, it will be a while before I truly know where he stands.

Yly, thanks, I did intend to do that, as I said, just confused on the advice I have been getting.

Bradford, sorry I am a little dense today, can you clarify what you said??? And how does it reconcile with line 5? I asked why I should not give up, if this says I should then please tell me that and show me how the lines say that. Sometimes the problem is in the translation. Wilhlem is considered a very reliable source and Denning is generally considered ok too, but 13.5 for both of them sounds like a relationship that is meant to be, yet line 6 sounds like just a friendship. Line 6 is different in other interpretations, but still trying to work out the answer. Are they two possibilities depending on the circumstances, is it a progression, is it saying we are meant to be together but only as friends, what??? Sorry if I am annoying you, but this is a problem and I am like a dog with a bone when I have a problem, I have to naw it to death
happy.gif

nina

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Seeker,

I'll give a try on that one, although as you know, I am new to the forum & the Yi.

From a French translation, I take that "fellowship with men in the meadow" in line 6 is a partial attainment of the goal in the judgement of the hexagram, ie. "fellowship with men in the open". Taken more or less literally, it would mean that in the line 6, you do not attain fellowship with all men, but only some. I wonder whether it could also mean that your fellowship / understanding / bond with one person does not extend to all areas, but only some. As such, the painful misunderstanding about the e-mail would be an area where mutual understanding is absent, but there should be no regret from it.

I think you are right in letting him take his time to digest that one and contact you on his own terms. As 55 in the background of your reading says, there could be abundance behind the rift, be not sad...

Beyond the Yi, I feel compelled to tell you from my own perspective that each one of us has at times behaved in ways we wish we hadn't, or said things we wish we hadn't. And we all deserve forgiveness for that. So after your apology and some time, either there is forgiveness, and as a result an even deeper communication, or there is none, and you will have to question the quality of the bond with him at that time.

Hope it helps... I wish you all the very best in 2005, you deserve to see the skies getting clearer above you...

Nina

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Well doggy, here is another bone
happy.gif
:
One possibility is that line 6 is not about Thomas but about others. If that is correct the I Ching is maybe telling you not to forget your friends in all this and in general your social life.
Does that make sense to you?

S

seeker

Thanks Nina and Martin, I see wisdom in both of your thoughts. So here is some of my own. I have been working this problem to death, but I have realized that what I am really looking for is what will happen. If I knew things would work out between us I could move on for the time being. If I knew it was definately over, I could scream and cry and then let go. But not knowing what will happen makes it difficult to make a move. Guess I want reassurance either way, and it seems that no one, not even Yi, can give me that. Maybe this is my lesson for the year, sometimes you have to go forward blindly. I'm not really good at that. I am normally very intuitive. I called him a couple of weeks ago because I felt very strongly that something had changed, it was over with him and her. My timing was off, but I wasn't wrong. Sometimes I just know things. I'm just not used to dealing in this much uncertainty. Side affect of being a strong empath/intuitive, when it shuts down, for whatever reason, you are sort of lost. Not that I am always right, but I at least usually have a strong feeling of what to do. I just feel like I am floating on an ocean with no land in sight.

S

seeker

btw martin, you might be right. I have been kind of holed up the last few days, trying to get a grip on everything. A friend called my mom and wanted to know why I email but don't call. I emailed her and told her I would call soon that I just had not been in a place to talk to anyone. I also got an email from another friend this morning, and it occurred to me that I had not told her what had happened at all. I was supposed to do something with her if the date with Thomas did not work out, so she assumed it had. I had totally forgotten. So, your interpretation might just be right on.

nina

visitor
Reaction score
seeker... i so understand what you mean by looking for certainty and reassurance (see my post about my medium advisor and tarot readings...). sigh... and i am also the ultimate overanalyser of any situation...

you say you are very intuitive, do you remember and write down your dreams? because i have found that there are often answers there, and if you want to discuss that, we can e-mail, i have been looking at my dreams for a number of years now and always found interesting insights. let me know.

Nina

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
I know how it feels Seeker, this uncertainty is very difficult to bear. In a similar situation I sometimes tried to close the door with thoughts like "I don't care if she returns or not, I don't want her anymore. She can go to hell!"
Of course that didn't work, because I had still hope and couldn't fool myself.
After some time I realized that the only thing I could do was keep my heart open and try to live with the uncertainty. But it was never easy.
There is a kind of beauty in it, though. Life is very full and intense, one constantly feels ones soul.

S

seeker

Martin, thats exactly what I realized too, that trying to close the door now would just be fooling myself. I feel how I feel and I can't change that. I have tried opening other doors, but nothing works. I am just not interested in the people who are interested in me, or I am just not interested in what they are interested in, if you get my meaning. But I am going to forge ahead, let this alone for awhile. In my heart I can't bring myself to give up yet, esp with my readings lately. I did one last reading prompted by a conversation with my mom, and now I am closing books for a bit. Question was am I deluding myself where Thomas is concerned? 35 was not sure if it meant that realization was progress or there was progress in the relationship, so I asked do you mean there is hope for us? 31 Stepping away now to concentrate on other things. Will just have to wait and see.

Nina, thank you, and you do dream analysis, excellant. I am not great at writing mine down that often, but there is one on the divination board under Val, are you out there? it was long and very vivid, but no one ever answered. I think Val was away, she's the other dream person on here. Would love your take on it if you have the time. You can post your response there, and I will look at it later, like I said if you have the time. It is a long one. Thanks again. Nice to find someone else who is into dreams.

nina

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Seeker,

I read about your dream (indeed long and full of symbols), but I had no time to really get deep into looking at it, but I will (probably next weekend). Just to say I did not forget you!

Nina

S

seeker

Nina, thanks for the help. I know its a difficult one so take your time. I appreciate anything you have to say. If it's easier to do in stages, thats ok too.

Martin, I think you were right when you said I accelarated things. I stepped away for a couple of days, cleared my head, calmed down, today asked only one question, what is happening between me and thomas? again, 35 unchanging. 35 is about rapid progress, so whether the progress refers to us working things out or bringing things to a close and moving on, it appears to be on the fast track. Thanks again.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).