Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Lodestar
visitor
- Joined
- May 21, 2013
- Messages
- 291
- Reaction score
- 10
I have spent an incredible amount of effort and money retraining to be a teacher.
But after two and a half years I'm completely burnt out, I used to be an energetic healthy person and I'm a shadow of my former self beset my ill-health, despite having done everything in my power to be efficient on the job, re-shaping ancient systems that were not working and also looking after my health as much as I could. I'm a very competent, highly-educated, motivated and efficient person.. but I'm being treated like a doormat (as was my predecessor) (and her predecessor).
I've come to the conclusion that the education system is completely toxic with no care for either the health of students or teachers. Bad management is the norm, with older staff knowing how to work the system to get the younger staff to shoulder the greater burden. It kills me to give up on a path I feel passionate about and the potential for financial security - but the choice appears to be a stark and simple one - give up - or reconcile myself to constant illness. I've been fighting very clearly and openly to be treated fairly, but despite that fact I have a huge workload and my colleague does nothing..
So I consulted Yi
Should I give up my job? 51.1.4 to 2 shock to earth
If I do, what then is the next step? 13.4 to 37. Fellowship-the clan
Any insight you can give me most appreciated.
But after two and a half years I'm completely burnt out, I used to be an energetic healthy person and I'm a shadow of my former self beset my ill-health, despite having done everything in my power to be efficient on the job, re-shaping ancient systems that were not working and also looking after my health as much as I could. I'm a very competent, highly-educated, motivated and efficient person.. but I'm being treated like a doormat (as was my predecessor) (and her predecessor).
I've come to the conclusion that the education system is completely toxic with no care for either the health of students or teachers. Bad management is the norm, with older staff knowing how to work the system to get the younger staff to shoulder the greater burden. It kills me to give up on a path I feel passionate about and the potential for financial security - but the choice appears to be a stark and simple one - give up - or reconcile myself to constant illness. I've been fighting very clearly and openly to be treated fairly, but despite that fact I have a huge workload and my colleague does nothing..
So I consulted Yi
Should I give up my job? 51.1.4 to 2 shock to earth
If I do, what then is the next step? 13.4 to 37. Fellowship-the clan
Any insight you can give me most appreciated.