...life can be translucent

Menu

Why the RTCM method can be very helpful

ricciao

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

In the past I often experienced I Ging answers I didn't understand or I found to be ambiguous, so I asked the I Ging for interpretation help by throwing a second oracle. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it increased my doubts.

Now with the RTCM (‘Retrospective Three Coin Method’ developed by Carol Anthony and Hanna Moog, http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2011/05/21/why-look-at-the-relating-hexagram/) I experience a far more concentrated and precise (see below) dialogue with the I Ging.

To be short: the RTCM method works for me really good.

To illustrate this I would like to share a fresh experience.

The situation is a classical scene of the human comedy. I am interested in a specific person (P) far more than this person is it in me. From time to time I ask I Ging about my situation with P.

Now some weeks ago I got the answer 55, 5th line changing.
"Lines are coming" translates Wilhelm; many (R.L. Wing for example) interpret line 5 as communicating and getting help from very capable assistant; Dennis Schilling translates "One takes out the mark (zhang)" and correlates it with the eclipse as "mandate of heaven" (wow!).

In fact a week later something happened that was very astonishing, and I thought that it might be worth to talk with P about this (which happens rather seldom, pitifully).

RTCM: Should I tell it P at the next opportunity? Strong yes! (I was astonished about this for me unusual positive answer about communication with P)
RTCM: Should I try to date P for this? Tentative yes. Mmmh, why tentative?... Then an idea!
RTCM: Do you mean "Yes, but not this week?" Strong yes.

So far so good. I noticed from my distant position that P was really very very busy, so I did wait.

I use RTCM also to inquiry the "sage" if the time is ripe to ask for a new oracle. As I mentioned before, since I ask the "sage" for the right moment for an oracle I receive far more precise answers from I Ging.

I let two weeks pass. Then I asked:
RTCM: Should I ask now for a new oracle about P? Strong yes.

I did so and received 48 "The Well", a very difficult to understand sign. It tells this itself: who does not go deep enough to reach the water will experience misfortune.
Line 3 was changing: "The well is cleared but one doesn't drink out of it. This makes my heart suffering [...]". At first I was touched by the "My": is the "sage" speaking himself?

The translations and commentaries are discordant as the old text is ambiguous.
Following some I can interpret the third line such that I am like a cleared well and it would be good for P (and for me) if P would drink, but pitifully P doesn't do this and I can do nothing else than to wait.
Following others I can interpret that yes, P doesn't know that my water is clear, but I have to tell this P, I have to make P aware of this.
And following others I am the one who lacks in drinking from the cleared well.

So what should I do?

RTCM: Does line 3 mean that I am not seeing a chance? Tentative yes
RTCM: Does line 3 mean that my capabilities are not recognized by P? Tentative yes

Mmmh... Idea!

RTCM: Does line 3 mean that I know what I should do but I don't? Strong yes
RTCM: Is this doing an external doing towards P? Strong yes
[external doing, because following Anthony & Moog cosmology most answers are intended as hints for internally actions, a very taoistic vision]

Ok, I got it.

I dated P, had to overcome some suspicious questions about this unusual step, but I was prepared by resulting sign 29, and the dating finally succeeded!

This is only one fresh example for my usage of RTCM. In my eyes it is a very good method to precise ambiguous I Ging answers.

The problem is the same as told in 4 for the oracle himself: the risk of doing annoying questions. As the coins always fell somehow, the only way for the "sage" not to answer is to give inconsistent answers. For example some days ago I got a sequence of tentative no; then i asked "RTCM: are my questions annoying? Strong yes. Ok, ok,...

Not always I am ready to understand an I Ging answer (for example 49 has this character). When I notice that my RTCM questions are not receiving helpful answers I then simply ask if I should stop asking for that day, and often receive then a strong yes as an answer.

I have also the impression that the "sage" doesn't like if one asks by RTCM if an oracle is fulfilled. Probably because it is my duty to struggle in understanding the completion of an I Ging answer. Asking the I Ging is a learning path on the way to become a "noble person" (shun zhi?). And was learning ever easy?

PS.
English is not my native tongue, so I beg your pardon for the many mistakes...

ricciao

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

these days I am really astonished of how precise I Ging can be.

Since I learned to use the RTCM method I always ask via RTCM if it it the right time to ask for an oracle. This has highly increased the precision of the answers.

An example of these days, where 3 oracles connect themselves.

My last oracle about P (see above) was a not really inspiring 9 (1,2,6) > 39. And what I experienced was exactly as announced. While blocked with P I got to know in a working environment a new very interesting person.

So I asked by RTCM if I can ask I Ging about this second person. Tentative yes. I did it and received the answer 37 (3, 5, 6) > 24.

37 Family describes a situation of many people governed by strong rules, that was fitting. But I found it interesting that 37 has the same outer trigram (wind, wood) and differs only by one line in the inner trigram from 9.
And for a fresh acquaintance why 24?
I asked via RTCM if this has to do with P. Answer was strong yes.

Now I did the experiences described by 9, also the 6th line. I asked by RTCM if what I experienced was the fulfillment of 9,6. Answer: strong yes.

So I asked by RTCM, if the time was ripe to ask for a new oracle about P. Tentative yes. I interpreted it as "Yes, but not now". So I asked I Ging only a week later - today - about P.

The answer was 16 (2) > 40.

Now the I Ging experts might relish the incredibly dazzling relationships between the three oracle answers (a time frame of three weeks)!

(I will use the terminology from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexagram_(I_Ching))

16 is the complementary hexagram of 9.
16 is also the outer-inner hexagram of 24 (if you switch the inner and the outer trigram)
40 is the reverse hexagram of 39 (and therefore its successor)
40 is also the complementary hexagram of 37.
39 is the nuclear hexagram of 16.

Fantastic, isn't it?

I have other examples of a higher precision in oracle answer consecutions when asking via RTCM for the right oracle moment I might share in the future...

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).