...life can be translucent

Menu

10.3>1

ScorpioC

visitor
Reaction score
I just asked the I ching how I would do with my performance at my instructor's graduation. He is getting his masters in music ed. for part of his grade he arranged a version of the national anthem so we will 'open' graduation. The group is a mini drum and bugle corps. (Lately, there's been an abundance of drama. )

I read any posts with 10 line 3. Honestly, I'm not sure who or what's the tiger, who or what is trending, or what the bite means. He's a nervous wreck because its part of his grade. My job is to have it memorized.

Any thoughts?

M

mirian

Hi ScorpioC

A couple of possibilities about what/who the "tiger" is.
- a potentially risky situation that we don't perceive it like that and as such we forge ahead, regardless.
- our own emotions and/or negative feelings that are getting out of control and having an impact on our actions.
So, there is a strong warning attached to this line. Applied to your question, you have to make sure that everything is in place for your presentation. Is everybody prepared? Rehearsed? Can the emotional state of one in the group lead to mistakes or a bad presentation? Is there anything that you might be overlooking? Whatever the "tiger" is, it needs checking otherwise it can bite you. :bows:

ScorpioC

visitor
Reaction score
When I read this, I picked up my horn and ran through the piece. It went well. So then I asked "Am I the one going to make the mistakes?" (It's a group and I know I'll be at practice the night before.) I got 49 all lines to 4. That seemed like dooms day. At the moment, short of the thing exploding in my hands, I don't know what could go that wrong! I asked, will it be the group in general? 21>23. What is it that goes wrong? 29 unch.

Maybe its my lack of understanding, but it almost seems like the whole idea was a big mistake on his part. Am I wording my questions poorly?

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry in advance, for being a hopeless optimist while you're trying hard to worry so...

So then I asked "Am I the one going to make the mistakes?"
49.1.2.3.4.5.6>4: I just see one amazing butterfly (4) busting out of its cocoon (49). Of course, from the butterfly's perspective, it's a different story, but, well, once it starts flying it will get the picture :cool:.

I asked, will it be the group in general
21.1.4>23: After having endured all those miserable practice sessions (23), with a little direction from your instructor (21.1) and perseverance and mindfulness (21.4) it all comes together solidly (21) :claps: .

What is it that goes wrong?
29: Just, in your head, those four subjective yin lines saying "it will be a disaster" beating up on the two poor outnumbered objective yang lines saying "you've memorized, you've practiced, it will be fine":deadhorse:!

Re questions, for example, "What is an image of what to be aware of in my performance?" might have been a more helpful question than whether you'd make mistakes or not, but I think you'd still be anxious about the answers. I'd suggest taking Hilary's online classes when you have a chance which really help with seeing hexagrams and readings in a new light.

M

mirian

Hi Scorpio,

I don't think that your original reading was telling you that you are doomed and whatever you do the whole thing is going to be a disaster. It was showing possibilities of where things could go wrong. An eye opening reading for you to work on.

Now, in my opinion, you are asking too many questions and some answers are just reflecting your anxiety and the fact that emotions are getting in the way to put things right. Your focus is not anymore where it should be, which is to get yourself and others prepared, double check things and get anxiety under reasonable control.

Now you want to know who is going to make a mistake. I am sorry but I don't believe that you can have an answer for that. :bows:

ScorpioC

visitor
Reaction score
The I ching is so "right on." Learning that actually is starting to give me tons of confidence.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).