...life can be translucent

Menu

A suggestion to unblock my creativity 55.5>49

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am an actress and feel I have many ideas about plays, stories and video stories that I could work on. Yet I feel I am blocked and all these ideas stay imprisoned in my head and I never get to action.
:cloud:

So I asked
Dear Yi what do you suggest me to do to unblock my creativity? 55.5>49

I found this in the blog:
Hex 55.5 it says to listen to what others have to say about your art, they can advise you as to what to do and how to do it, this will be of great benefit to you. Very fortunate.

Hex 49 it suggests that there are big changes coming up for you, think, plan and you use the support and advise of others, your art will be liked, your art will cause your lifestyle changes for the better. So don't worry, all will be well, adjust your life accordingly.

So it looks like I have to follow people's advice, do you agree?

I'm really fed up with having ideas that clutter up my head and don't become anything! :hissy:

One of these ideas is to talk of my great aunt's death in a project for an important theatre contest.
I asked Is the death of great aunt a good idea for the theatre contest? 33.4>53
Don't understand if it means retreat for me as to "retreat from this idea" or Retreat of my aunt (=she's left), so go on talk about that.

Is it a good idea to do a video docu on this far relative of mine? 61 unchanging
:confused:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
from TOPAL:
55 isn't just about reaching peaks and things being on the wane although of course it can mean that. I've found 55 to be quite a deep, profound Hexagram in the sense that we often get stuck on the peak and trough symbolism while losing the deeper aspects. It's also about abundance, richness and complexity - even a sense of being overloaded in our thought patterns. So, it can often be about securing what you have and letting go - easing back and making that decision to do so - now.

Line 5: Don't look too closely at things and don't be tempted to force things. There still seems to be some growing to do for your relationship so don't suffocate your own joy when and where you can find it. Let go and your differences will flow into each other and adapt accordingly.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
About 33.4>53 I found in the blog from Trojina

33.4 i find generally includes an element of withdrawal being good for you and not so sweet from those you've withdrawn from....and thats their problem because somewhere here they weren't treating you quite right or they overlooked you or took you for granted.

What strikes me is that yesterday I decided to withdraw from my great aunt's death because her relatives were exactly overlooking me and taking me for granted. So I felt I had not to go to their house yesterday, stayed at my place until 8 pm when they finally rang and asked if I was ok :)

The i ching replies to the present present, we know that!
But does anyone see in it a good line for taking the subject on a stage?

:rolleyes:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
About 61 unchanging from TOPAL:
Look you know how you're feeling about this - deep down - so trust it

from Martin:
What is the message of 61 unchanged?
Perhaps something like "be friendly and intimate with yourself, others, everything"

from Anemos:
sometimes 61 has to do with waiting before rushing to any conclusion because none all aspects are known at the moment of the question. Its a part of 61 that fades a bit before the "inner truth" or truth- in some ways, tho, is the same.

So to my third question
Is it a good idea to do a video docu on this far relative of mine? 61 unchanging
Yi is saying to trust my sixth sense, if I feel like doing it I will do it, it's too soon to see if it's a good idea (have never met this relative of mine) and in any case I should be friendly and intimate with her so not just interviewing her in a detached way.

We call that an autoreading :bounce:

S

sooo

Your skin is too tight. Get abundantly naked and uninhibited.

G

goddessliss

Hex 55.5>49

Get absolutely clear on what you want and don't hesitate to go for it which is exactly what sooo said really. - Liss

S

sooo

:hissy:

how is it that I never see what YOU other people see?

:brickwall:

Sometimes it's hard to see from inside your skin.

To share: Most often my creative blockage is a result of two things: my perfectionism and my inhibition. To break out from that is to shed both.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi SOOOO

Since I'm not English I would like to be sure that I understood it right when you say that my skin is too tight. Do you mean that I feel constrained by social rules? or that I am acting what I am not? that I am not following my true nature?

:flirt:

G

goddessliss

:hissy:

how is it that I never see what YOU other people see?

:brickwall:

Haha Olga We're all the same really - it's cause we're emotionally or something attached to the answer, consciously aware of that or not. - Liss

G

goddessliss

Hi SOOOO

Since I'm not English I would like to be sure that I understood it right when you say that my skin is too tight. Do you mean that I feel constrained by social rules? or that I am acting what I am not? that I am not following my true nature?

:flirt:

Well sooo might say different - but maybe you should answer all those questions yourself....just sayin' :)

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I am an actress and feel I have many ideas about plays, stories and video stories that I could work on. Yet I feel I am blocked and all these ideas stay imprisoned in my head and I never get to action.

Too many projects /choices could cause the blockage? The abundance - the too-many-options effect- might cause a sort of paralysis while 55 asks for action? The "overload" state Topal's extract you quote ?

Shedding comes in its own time and, in my experience having the headache of too many things to do, freeze me. However, I noticed what sooo says "Get abundantly naked and uninhibited". There was a time , while I had many ideas of paintings- vague images in my mind, I could observe myself not been able to grab a pencil and start painting anything. For me , then, was a fear to get naked cuz I knew, the kind of project I had would revel things I didn't felt ready to confront.

55.5 could be also that you need to give the "power" of decision to the art project and let them assist you to create the "order" 49 suggests. You and your art-crafts are the one and same thing and it needs cooperation in order to make that revolution.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Too many projects /choices could cause the blockage? The abundance - the too-many-options effect- might cause a sort of paralysis while 55 asks for action? The "overload" state Topal's extract you quote ?
Definitely. This is one of the cases where it responds showing what is happening to you (which I knew already and was actually what I was asking about)

S

sooo

A perfectionist is defeated before they start, and too often they've already got several irons in the fire, but none which are brought to completion, because in our own eyes it's never good enough, never perfected. Eventually they lose the motivation and confidence to even start a new project because they know they'll never complete it. This becomes compounded by studying or listening to those whose works are further advanced from our own.

If we change our view to being more playful with our creative projects, not taking them or ourselves too seriously, or requiring it to be something great, but rather accepting something small, like 9 rather than 28, then we can again just do it to do it, and when we do it, that's better than doing nothing, and from that something greater may develop. But if we insist on perfection from the start, we'll never pick up our instrument, our paint brush, our writing tool. We're in a deadlock, a block, a stalemate.

"Skin too tight" is a metaphor. As Liss said, what does that metaphor say and mean to you? To me it says I'm too inhibited. There's a lot of reasons people are inhibited, but the main two I've found is a) worrying what others may think of it, and b) our own inner critic - that perfectionist critic. 49 sheds this old skin and is renewed, the old outgrown skin is left behind and the new one is smooth and has room to grow into.

Never lose your playfulness, never take it too seriously, release your inhibition, and be happy with small achievements. Many small achievements will enlarge your talent pool resources, though you may not even realize it at the time, because you're too involved in the playful creative process. Star Wars wasn't written in a day, and though it took a lot of work and research, technical skills and finding the right talent and providing the right leadership, it eventually came together, and will be a milestone in both story telling and cinematic technological breakthrough, to say nothing of the archetypal hero structure, layered masterfully, as though written and produced by a real Jedi, the story's heroes. But it started with George Lucas one day sitting at a computer and beginning to type out an idea, letting his creative imagination think the unthinkable. Plow the field without thinking about the harvest. Plow it to plow it, seed it to seed it, water it to water it, tend it to tend it. If this is not done, guaranteed there will be no harvest.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Your skin is too tight. Get abundantly naked and uninhibited.

Where did you get that from?

55. Fêng / Abundance [Fullness]
above CHêN THE AROUSING, THUNDER
below LI THE CLINGING, FIRE

THE JUDGMENT
ABUNDANCE has success.
The king attains abundance.
Be not sad.
Be like the sun at midday.

THE IMAGE
Both thunder and lightning come:
The image of ABUNDANCE.
Thus the superior man decides lawsuits
And carries out punishments.

Six in the fifth place means:
Lines are coming,
Blessing and fame draw near.
Good fortune.

I guess skin = 49
I have to change my skin

But how do you know the way I have to change it? Where does it say it?
Line 5 talks about fame and blessing..

A year has gone by and I'm still at the same point, wondering how to unblock my creativity.

S

sooo

My, we're still inside that old skin? ;)

Where did I get that from? Probably the same place Topal got it from, going to the beginning of this thread:

So, it can often be about securing what you have and letting go - easing back and making that decision to do so - now.

Line 5: Don't look too closely at things and don't be tempted to force things. There still seems to be some growing to do for your relationship so don't suffocate your own joy when and where you can find it. Let go and your differences will flow into each other and adapt accordingly.

I also got it from my own experience with creative block. Most 55 renditions offer only the positive aspects of 55, but when you think of terms like, "This is all too much!" That is the result of 55 as well. Living in the desert, one really gets a sense of how burdensome the sun at midday can be. These last few days have seen 115 degrees Fahrenheit. That's real abundance! Think also of that old saying, "I'm going to do it if it kills me!" And it just might. So 55 isn't always fun in the sun, sometimes it's overwhelming.

What's the antidote for a balloon about to pop? Let some air out. Don't try so hard. Back off, retreat from abundance into the shade, take a dip in the pool, cool it. Enjoy the swim, don't worry about winning the swimmer's medal or the screenplay of the year award. Relax. Do you enjoy writing? Then write. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.

That's where I got it from. Enjoy the sun at midday, but don't forget the sunscreen and the breaks into the shade. Note that most of 55's change lines take place hidden from the sun, or in secret with ones ruler or peer(s).

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What's the antidote for a balloon about to pop? Let some air out. Don't try so hard. Back off, retreat from abundance into the shade, take a dip in the pool, cool it. Enjoy the swim, don't worry about winning the swimmer's medal or the screenplay of the year award. Relax. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.
What is really weird is that in everyday life everyone keeps telling me I'm sitting on my ass and I should try and push instead of relaxing. People say I don't put so much effort. That I'm lazy. I'm on a permanent holiday, my relatives say.
So maybe all this effort is in my head, and I should relax there and not in real life, where I don't actually do that much (not many actions really to try and get somewhere).

S

sooo

I hear what you're saying, Olga. Not meaning to go in circles here but recall what was discussed about the result of perfectionism. Creativity is a spontaneous phenomenon. If we think we must have it all figured out before we create, we'll never be creative. It's quite the opposite. Just write and let it happen. The best songs, paintings, stories etc. happen to you. We're just the means to capture it before it gets away.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:

Richmond, 55.5:
The abundance goes on to its next phase, the outer manifestation which we call success.

The Chinese image
Afterwards there are wonderful variations passing. Blessings and fame approach. Good fortune.

The variations which fill us with wonder are the changes that come to our outer lives as though undeserved, like blessings, they are not caused out there but come from the inner abundance.

Don't feel blocked or oppressed. Be like a sun, full of creativity.
Create something about yourself, about some idea not concerning other people.
I mean draw your inspiration from inside, and not from others.
h55 says you have a lot to offer, concentrate on that, develop that, believe in yourself and then the outside world will reflect that.

Richmond, h49:
Revolution. Not before it is seen will it be believed. Great success.
Continuance in the way is fruitful, regret disappears.

Comments:
In this tao of preparation for change the outcome cannot quite be believed, cannot be known for certain, it's have been in a compressed state for so long that the release seems incredible; yet the conditions for it are here, success will come if we continue to follow the tao and so regret will disappear.

The hexagram has also been called "skin" and "moulting", referring to the way a snake will change its outer form when the inner can no longer be contained.

Really really believe in your success, that you've got what it takes.

Dolores Cannon, The Convoluted Universe Vol.2
p. 542:
When you think a thought, it doesn't just
disappear. It becomes an energy strand. It becomes energy. It moves into that
ball of possibility. So, imagine your thought becoming energy. And the more
energy you give it, the stronger that becomes. And then it manifests, and it
becomes real. It becomes physical. If you send a thought out that there's
going to be peace. And then you follow it with, “Oh, but that war is getting
worse”, or “Those politicians are making a mistake.” You weaken the energy:
the positive strand you brought out. So we have to teach people to send out
the positive thought, and then to reinforce it with more positive thoughts, and
more positive thoughts. And we have to teach them that when one of those
negative thoughts comes into their mind, not to just let it go, but to replace it
with a positive thought. So that they're adding to that energy ball of possibility.
They're contributing to it.

p. 544:
Within the matrix of the Universe are all the building blocks of reality. All the
possibilities and probabilities that we can create from. We can have heaven or
hell in our lives because we are powerful enough to do this, once we understand
the process and use our minds to create it. Many times the electrical fields that
contain these possibilities are disrupted by discordant intentions and negativity
results; as it has lately. When negativity begins, it can be reinforced by people
who accept this as a reality, and then it comes into form. We can just as easily
have peace and love as our reality once we understand and put to use the power
of our mind.
As Nostradamus said in my books about him and his predictions,
“You do not realize the power of your own mind. By focusing on the reality you
desire, you can create it. Your energy is scattered. Once you learn how to focus
and direct it, you are capable of creating miracles. And if the power of one man’s
mind is that powerful, think of the power of group mind once it is harnessed. The
power of the focusing of many people’s minds is not only multiplied, it is squared.
Then miracles can truly occur.”

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh thank you :flirt: I love this forum! you're all so nice to come here and reply to my bumping my head against the wall :brickwall: in search for happiness!

oh I really hope to be able to give something of this back the day I'm happy and full of wise-ty!
:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).