...life can be translucent

Menu

52.1.2.3.4.5>10 on qigong course

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
There's another "tricky" reading I'd like to share and would appreciate your insights on. Thank you. :bows:

There's a qigong course I thought to take so I asked Yi: What if I study qigong?
I received 52.1.2.3.4.5>10.

It could be the first time when I got that many changing lines and, to tell the truth, I'm a little lost how to approach it. They say to read the line that doesn't change, it's the line 6 in this case, surprisingly the only line in the hexagram that says good fortune. Hm, I wonder what does that mean.

52.6 Great-hearted stilling. Good fortune. It says that one can't get anywhere without quieting one's brain.
But I don't know how hexagram 10 fits in the picture.

What I wonder is if I received 52 to tell me to keep still and not to apply to the course, or that I need to quiet my mind and the course would be good for me because it'd teach me concentrating and meditating techniques. :confused:
Please, feel free to share your ideas with me, and thank you for teaching me I Ching this way. :)

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I don't buy what 'they' say about reading the non-changing line.
There was no stress on the line 6 to bring attention to it.
If one is going to read a non stressed line, it begs me to ask:
"Why not then read the 4,091 other lines that didn't show up?"
(I invite discussion/enlightenment if others have a differing opinion)

About Qigong, is it a health & wellness kind, martial kind, or a combination?
I can speak from experience that qigong practice does indeed quiet/still the mind (like 52), calm the nervous system, reduce tension in the body, And promote health. Check out the school/look at the teachers background. How long have they been practicing? Do they seem healthy? (And morally upright)
Look at the senior students, how are they?

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Moss Elk. :bows:
Yeah, I know what you mean. What I asked was if Yi wanted me to read 52.6 why I wouldn't receive the line directly, right? But I'm still a beginner and my experience with I Ching is limited, that's why I shared the reading. The 52.6 line and the rest of the lines somewhat work like a contrast. Lines 1 to 5 say stabilize this or that, line 6 says it's stabile. It's like 52.6 is showing me the goal, I don't know...:confused:

The course is not focused on martial aspects, it's a promoting health "Shaolin nourishing life" type of qigong. I know the teacher, I even joined one of his seminar in the past and it was impressive. I have no doubts about him as a teacher. I was recommended the course by a friend who took it last year and who really liked it.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't get line 6 so there is no need to consider it.

There is however a need to consider the change patterns when they are this prominent. Well I guess at least this change pattern jumps out at me

The change pattern is the hexagram the change lines would make if they were all yang and the non changing line yin. here your yang change pattern is 43. The yin pattern is where you make all change lines yin lines so your yin pattern here is 23.

The yang pattern shows this is about a decision ...obviously it is but the yang pattern is how you come to the situation, the yin pattern the way through it.

It doesn't matter too much whether you do qi gong or not does it ? A problem newbies often face is that they believe every answer is of huge significance (Yi's imagery being so potent)....but however dramatic your answer the question is a pretty harmless one. Whether you do it or don't do it is no big deal.

My sense is you might try it and drop it quite quickly. I say that from the change patterns, from 52 telling you not to go dashing about and hex 10 ? well maybe you need to take care of your energies ? Are you up it ? I don't know what it is but if I had this answer I think if I was going I'd make sure I was well warmed up in case of strains and sprains (hex 10)

I don't know...but in your shoes I would just go and see if you like it. I don't think you will make it a long term part of your life...I think it looks extraneous to your real concerns now (52) but there is no harm in trying it is there ? I might be wrong and you might adore it. My sense of it is only that, a feel of it, not a prediction.

Of course if this qi gong (or whatever it is) involves a lot of being still that's a whole other way to see the answer. Treading the Tiger's Tail through Stillness ? Maybe the answer describes the practise . Often if it doesn't matter what we choose Yi just describes the thing in question.

Your choice...you decide what belongs with you and what doesn't. (43/23 change patterns)

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Trojina. :bows:
I'm really glad I found this site so I can learn from the bests.
By the way, I tried the change pattern method on my other, relationship related, reading and found it helpful. Coincidentally the one has 23/43 change pattern.

I think you're right about the need to take care of my energies. The last year was a real emotional roller coaster for me and it took a toll on my body strengths as well. The other day I even got 52.4 when asked about exercising at home. I better just to meditate and find my center first, I think. Maybe the 52.6 is not that completely useless after all, haha.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).