...life can be translucent

Menu

A novel. What should I do in relation to him: 8.1.6 - 42

daciana

visitor
Reaction score
I tried to make my first topic fairly short. I failed. Miserably. This will be an introduction to me and why and how I am asking the question. You do not have to read this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is my first consultation. I have done quite a lot of extremely amateur readings on my own in my bedroom, trying to figure out some important life questions (so I thought at the time, ha!) and I guess I’ve always investigated the meaning with some sort of satisfactory result. I have searched here and elsewhere and I’ve always somehow gathered what the Oracle is telling me (or, again, so I thought).

I’ve always relied on translations, commentaries, other people’s experiences and - most importantly - my intuition. I order not to project too much wishful thinking onto the answer, I now write down the question and some background thoughts. Like in a conversation, you describe something first before asking. So when I get the answer I don’t suddenly jump to foolish conclusions about unrelated things.

However, I am now a little puzzled with one answer. It seems to be possible to interpret it in any way that is out there.

Yes, this is one of those cliché “love” questions. Some background. You don’t have to read it either.

I have started working in a new company and there was a guy who I used to eye a little. I talked to him a bit, he helped me out a bit, but nothing major. I was not drooling. Moreover, I’m almost certain he had a girlfriend. I mean, he used to bring such delicious-looking food for lunch!

But his department was going to be relocated so we worked together for a very short time. And when he went away (same huge building, just completely different section) I thought I started to like him a bit more. I used to ask I-Ching what was going on, should I do something and I would always get an answer in the lines of “the universe has just conspired to save you from peril and misery and I know it feels like misery now, but it’s for the better”. So I figured it’s probably because of the possible girlfriend. I said hello to him when we crossed paths on our way to work, nothing more.

But situation changed again and now I work in the same room with him and many others. I ignore him. Then I talk to him and smile like a kid. Then I ignore him again. I feel like a silly 13-year-old, I sometimes act larger than life, and it’s fun, but dumb. I don’t see that delicious home-made food of his anymore. And it makes me wonder.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have asked questions about our potential and necessary action, it was not that bad. Now I asked again:
“I think I’m starting to like him more. That smile of his… But do I really… I don’t even know myself. I don’t know if he notices me, he’s not talking to me and so on... Tell me, what should I do, what should I not do in relation to him? Should I act hoping for something or relax because it’s just not meant to be?”

I have written this and then underscored the words - this I felt to be my actual question; the other stuff was my thoughts and my point of view. Now I know it is sort of 2 questions in one, but I have felt that I-Ching can give advice both in a positive and negative way (do/don’t). So I figured it would not change much.

I got 8.1.6 – 42.

Boy I was wrong.

Now I interpret it in at least 3 ways.

First, in the most negative way it says to me: you have to be truthful in your heart (1), full of true sincerity if you want this to go somewhere. But you’re not (6). You don’t like him enough. It’s too late, you have ignored him when the time was right and this is what you’re getting – nothing. | But then what does Hex. 42 mean? Why is it looking somewhat positive? Does it show how I relate to the situation; how I want to fix things that are not ok and make them better? But, unfortunately, this one is not fixable?

Second is sort of neutral: in order to achieve things you have to be true and certain of who you are and what you can give and what you actually feel toward the guy, not just try to be funny and sweet and put nicer clothes to work (1). However, even if you do, it might get you a little attention and conversation eventually, but you’re too late now (6), perhaps he still has that girlfriend. There will never be a true union between you. | But then again, what is up with 42? Does that relate to the first line that talks about positive results at the end and tell me that even if it is programmed to end badly, I will be ok because I have been sincere? (In all honesty, what is the point in showing my sincerity if I know it’ll still lead nowhere?)

Third, I would call it the wishful, over-analyzing one. Can it be that I-Ching is answering me exactly the way I asked? Line 1 to mean what I should do and line 6 – what not to do? As to me they are very related, seems like line 6 is a direct consequence of not being the person in line 1. Maybe it tells to have my jar full of sincerity before proceeding, to make sure what I have in my heart and my mind is not just “hots” or temporary fascination. For if I don’t (6), everything that might come later will be without any substance, without direction. The first boulder in the foundation will be missing and it’ll sink the building. I will not be able to put that boulder in its place when the walls are being built – it’ll be too late. I guess 42 would mean that if I follow the right path because I truly feel this way and not skip steps – it should lead to some improvement.

Now I know I have just written a novel and the internet does not go well with patience and longer-than-minimal attention span, but… please, share your take on this if you feel like it. I would also really like to hear if anyone has ever experienced the same combination and what were the subsequent events.

Thank You.

P.S. Thinking about my wishful interpretation, I remembered this matchmaking reality show from the US I saw once or twice (yeah...). A lady matchmaker would advise her matches not have intimate relations before they’re exclusive. I think now of line 6 – not taking the time to get to know the person better and just surrendering to lust will most likely not lead to romance and relationship. There will be no place to go “up” afterwards. It had to be the other way around, but now that it’s done – it’s done.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What should I do in relation to him?
8.1.6 > 42

Chalk it up to experience and get on with life.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).