...life can be translucent

Menu

I do have a life!

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I have a life, and it's as bad as the old one with Baldy in it.

Consider, if you will be so kind, the following, but only if you're in the mood for a Byzantine plot. Here is the background.

1. I work very closely with the managing partner of a company.
2. I make the company a great deal of money, and am significantly underpaid. True, everyone thinks this of himself or herself. In my case, both are true. I agreed to this arrangement knowing that I was choosing more security over more money. I had 3 children at home at the time, so it wasn't a difficult choice.
3. The managing partner, A, has a less intelligent and less influential partner, B, with whom he constantly bickers.
4. B is married to a woman who used to work there, and who is a close friend of one of my coworkers.
5. This coworker makes the company as much money as I do. She is constantly in need of the sort of help I would be in a very good position to provide. She is nearly as annoyed with A as I am albeit for different reasons, and she does not like B (her friend's husband).

This coworker and I always have regarded each other somewhat warily, but I asked her to lunch one day. We agreed that it would be good for both of us if I worked with her. We also exchanged gripes. Ordinarily I keep out of disputes and away from gossip, though I sometimes "confide in" known gossips in order to spread information or misinformation about one thing or another. This lunch with my coworker wasn't, I thought, one of those times. She griped about A and B; I expressed disgust at something extraordinarily insensitive, insulting, and tacky that A had said to me.

My coworker repeated the comment to her friend, who is married to B, who detests A, who soon had smoke pouring out his ears because B had bludgeoned him with the comment. As soon as I heard the comment had gotten to A, I went to him and apologized for putting him into such a bad position vis a vis B. A apologized for his behavior, which genuinely was reprehensible, and I let B and my coworker know that I was disappointed that they had repeated the comment.

A couple of weeks before any of this happened, I gave A a potentially valuable piece of information. Ordinarily it should have gone to B, but I knew that B would be threatened by it, and so I gave it directly to A. A asked B to act on it. A few days after the unpleasantness of the comment, I pleasantly asked B how his investigation of the information was going. He said that he'd discovered the information was of no value. I knew that wasn't so, and I checked his story. Sure enough, B simply had arranged to "lose" the threatening information. Believing, as A does, that this information could be of great value and also that it clearly is threatening to B, I told A that B had failed to investigate it. A commented on the degree of threat to B. "Why do you think I gave it directly to you?" I asked.

Needless to say, several people now are enraged at me. If I had it to do over again, I'd keep my yap shut in front of my coworker, but I'd rat B out on failing to follow through on the threatening information. I'm none too happy about A underpaying me and I intend to rearrange things, which is going to make him very angry. But my loyalty clearly is with him, angry or not,; and I do like my work, although I am massively disgusted with the whole bunch of my coworkers and bosses right now. And I've been waking from Baldy-dreams. Not really horrible ones, but ones where I find out he's getting married, and I wake up with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I use the technique Dobro described here recently, of talking to the characters in my dreams. One of the Baldys wouldn't let me get a word out, he just roared YOU BETRAYED ME! Nasty, and the whole mess has done nothing for my mood.

Q: Why am I in such a foul temper?
A: 44.0.

I am not sure what to do. Leave the country? Leave the planet? Go to work encased in lead shielding? I have some ideas, but would appreciate additional comments from anyone who wants to take a crack at this.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"Q: Why am I in such a foul temper?
A: 44.0."

That woman is powerful. Stay away from that woman.

Hehehehehehehehehe

Sorry.

Hehe

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, Dobro, now I have a headache to go along with the pain in the keister.

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Calumet, from the collum of "for what it is worth"
Hex 44 places the yang line in position 0.1...The strength of this and I am told all Hexes is line 5(who do you see in this line?) If you mutate line 0.1 to say a Yang line, what do you see? Hex 1. following through this procedure (without any change to line 0.5) into a position of the 7, which is "the mystery of us all"( all who draw this Hex 44) and you find your self in the Hex 28.

Now I am uncertain this is of any value to you but being in the yin position just now. I see you as Pure Yang in personality and thinking.
I believe if you are relating to this as a yin person you should focus upon your inner strength and diplomacy at this time. FwIw

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
The progression is thus according to Marysol Gonzlalez Sterling in her book "I-Ching and Transpersonal Psychology"

44>1>13>25>42>27>(in the 7) 24 there it reverses it self the other direction at 44 comming back starting at the top position or line 6 and degrading to 24 in the 7.0 position.

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Jerry, I guess I am pretty far toward the Yang end of the spectrum, though I hadn't thought of it in quite those terms. Seems like in this instance I have to assume a Yin attitude but act from the Yang. That'll be an interesting trick.

After pulling the 44.0, I did the following.

Q: So what do I do about this? (Typical Yang question, right?)
A: 51.1-->16
Q: And what do I do about that (unrelated problem)?
A: 48.2.5-->15

One can only hope. Too bad the Yi doesn't have a hex that means, "Leave immediately and spend two months on the beach in Tahiti. Your problems will disappear."

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
51.1's pretty good - a shock followed immediately by release of tension, and all's to the good.
What to do? Nothing, I think. Appreciate that standard tension/release pattern. Bit of a roller coaster.

48.2.5 moves in two directions, so it's more complex, with more tension. 48.2 means shooting fish in a barrel and the energy's being dissipated - it's like playing solitaire when you should be rolling up your sleeves and getting down to work. 48.5 means you've got a good source of depth (love, spirit, wisdom) readily available to you. Overall: stop wasting time and draw on the depth. It'll take a degree of humility on your part to do this though. Just let go of the small stuff. Small town shenanigans. What a waste of time.

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro, good call on 48. There is a good source of depth; the party of the third part is my elder daughter, who is leaving the country for ~8 months in a few days. She was here over the holidays, and ran up my phone bill to double its normal size. She was some annoyed when I asked her to pay for her calls. Could have done it more tactfully, I suppose; but as you might imagine I don't take kindly to this kind of behavior, especially from spoiled grownup offspring. She's made it known (to my ex) that she won't be contacting her penny-pinching mother before leaving the country. Did I mention she's spoiled and has father issues? Much of the unpleasantness with my ex had to do with the fact that the children always were welcome to go to him on any issue for a more favorable opinion than they could get from me. He never caught on to what they were doing or the damage he was causing--or rather he did, but it was more important to him to be able to play a trump card in any given situation. Happiness is having full legal custody. Anyway I left her a message saying that we can deal with the phone bill another time and if she wants to get in touch before leaving I'll be glad to hear from her. About all I can do, really.

As to the roller coaster, I've been going over some of my old journals to remind myself just how bad things began getting with Baldy a year ago. (In case you wonder why on earth I'd reread old journals and review all this icky history, it's to ensure that the past year is framed not as "The Year of Losing a Great Love" but as "The Year of Lancing a Boil.") In all the excitement, I'd forgotten that work was a roller coaster last year, too.

Tahiti. It's not a destination, it's a solution.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Lotsa background. Appreciated it.

You know, if I gave you the background to my experience here in Singapore, you'd just get bored. What's that about? I mean, my life isn't more boring than your life.

Hey, I've got a question. What would happen if I started outlining the day-to-day of my life here in Singers and asked you for input about my consultations? Do you think our relationship wouldn't work any more because the roles had changed?

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro: Whether a topic is boring or interesting depends much more on presentation than on content. Who'd want to read about a rookie teacher in an American metropolitan high school? Yet people all over the world love UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE.

Whether you'd get much out of asking for commentary on your readings depends on:

1. The quality of the commentary;
2. How much self-gossip you can stand, which is directly related to how self-centered you are;
3. Whether you have sufficient numbers of real, live friends whom you haven't alienated with your constant crises; and
4. Whether you can tolerate having strangers commenting on your life. In this regard, I'd like to point out that as a guy, you're supposed to be strong and self-sufficient, thus in no need of advice from anyone, let alone from clueless bystanders.

Singers, is it?

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
"In case you wonder why on earth I'd reread old journals and review all this icky history, it's to ensure that the past year is framed not as "The Year of Losing a Great Love" but as "The Year of Lancing a Boil.") "

Calumet, aren't you forgetting he's still (and just) a man?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Now it's the year of the cock. The year of the rooster. The year of the chicken with a penis. What kind of year do you think it will be? The year of laying an egg? The year of laying a hen? The year of laying fears, doubts and anxieties to rest? I hope so.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think 44 was about as close to Tahiti as Yi can get. She is the strong woman, the one who has the power. Men fear her, because she can say no (no? make it NO!), shattering their entire male macho. But yet they cannot stay away, because IF she chooses to say yes - WOW. Then she does so completely and totally.

Could it mean go to Tahiti and get some good healthy sex, with a man you want, trust, like, love, whatever, one you can say yes to wholeheartedly...

A shame Yi cannot get you one, you'd have to do that part yourself...

LiSe

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to Calumets Getting A life I no longer have to read the science fiction novels any more..LOL> With all respect Calumet you add a lot of class to this sight not to mention some pazzaz...

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Pakua writes:

"Calumet, aren't you forgetting he's still (and just) a man?"

Why, yes, I am. And I intend to continue forgetting it until I am ready to forget it, which might be quite some little time. No one will be more relieved than I.

Jerry--science fiction!!?? Every word is the truth! I'm crushed, devastated, pulverized. But thanks for the other stuff.
happy.gif

In case you are following the soap opera and need an update: I have told my boss--he didn't know--which snake repeated my ill-tempered comment about his inappropriate behavior; I have negotiated a better wage arrangement; and I have returned to my workday routine, which consists mainly of working my tail feathers off and steering clear of petty intrigues. The air is clearing.

My daughter has left without saying goodbye. Bad enough, but what really disturbs me is that at her age she shouldn't be running to Daddy as she did when a toddler, to tell him that Mommy's being mean to her again. I worry about that kid.

Q: How am I doing?
A: 44.2-->33

Exactly. Hmmm, Tahiti. It was good enough for Gauguin ...

jerryd

visitor
Reaction score
Well Calumet it is all just good in its lighter form (science fiction) and reality does need a break at some level. Tahiti, well there ate cheaper and better ways to cope and besides Hawaii offers much the same..Sorry if you took aside what I wrote.

calumet

visitor
Reaction score
Jerry, no offense was taken. Sometimes you have to step back a couple of paces from what I say.

Yours,

The Drama Queen

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"Q: How am I doing?
A: 44.2-->33

Exactly. Hmmm, Tahiti. It was good enough for Gauguin ..."

Yeah, Tahiti's nice, but I don't think that's what the Yi has in mind. 44.2's more about self-sufficiency I think, and how there's no advantage in contacting anyone right now. Hence the Hex 33 connection. You're without fault in this.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).