...life can be translucent

Menu

60.2.6 > 42

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
Hello All-

Need some help understanding how to interpret this sequence. Any insights welcome.

My query was:
"What do I need to know about figuring out how to proceed in my life at this time?"

The result: 60.2.6 > 42

Is my question too open-ended?

Thanks for your input!
dharmaflower

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there. I think your question is just fine. The resulting hexagram 42 has to do with benefiting or something that can be an advantage for you, or your life. Hexagram 60 has to do with limitations. I think both lines are having to do with the boundaries that surround you, that you or others give you, are some of these boundaries too restricting, or unpleasant? Maybe loosening them can help you out. Well, this is only a guess since we don't know much about what's going on with your life. Good luck!

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Someone has said of 60.2, "He who hesitates is lost?" Does that apply to any aspect of your current life situation?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Have you made the choice in the recent past to spend much time home alone?
(As in hermit or recluse)

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

At the end of October my life, sort of, came to a screeching halt. A relationship ended abruptly, so I went home for the holidays.

After 2 months of confusion, anger and sadness, I found myself in a limiting living situation, in my tiny hometown with my Mom. She's having some remodeling done, has a lively life of her own: all-in-all, I feel in the way and at a loss about what to do next.

I'm waiting to hear about a job in another state and have offers to live, temporarily, with 2 different friends in either California or Ohio.

I made this query/hexagram a few days ago, I had just completed a one month solitary silent retreat...so, self-directed hermitage, Moss Elk! I am back with my Mom waiting to see what shows itself as "next."

It seems that, from what you've all said, that opportunities will come and I better jump while I can...
Seems realistic! I must also add that I do have an overwhelming feeling of wanting to do something/make something happen. It seems the Yi is saying "chill out. accept these limitations. do not act, until the opportunity presents itself...then, JUMP!" Yah?

Thanks again everyone...I will check back in to let you know what happens.

I've been a lurker here for a long time. Use the free hexagram generator almost exclusively and look up sequences all the time. Thanks for your kindness and consideration.

dharmaflower

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
So it looks to me like the advice is that it is time to go outside again. (line 2)

And to stop beating yourself up or severely hampering/limiting yourself (line 6)
(I've seen how this can happen after a painful end to a relationship as a way of self protection.
Try to make it short lived.)

S

sooo

Hello All-

Need some help understanding how to interpret this sequence.

My query was:
"What do I need to know about figuring out how to proceed in my life at this time?"

The result: 60.2.6 > 42

I'd like to comment on the sequence aspect of your question first since that's what you've asked for.

Some say the resulting hex is the context only. A few say it is technically the result. This is a good example of how they are both. If you proceed with the intention of increasing, 42 is the context; it's about how to proceed with your life. If you follow the directions and examples of 60.2 and 6, 42 is the result. It's circular.

Next, line 2 of 60 can be interpreted literally, as in, get outside more, leave your house more often, etc. Sometimes that is applicable. But I've much more frequently have found the gate and courtyard to be a metaphor for thinking outside of your own box, your closed or limited mind, or to think and live with a less linear mindset. 60 is not only how big or small something is, but even more-so how measured and structured it is. In your house, everything is made of rectangles - just look around you. Doors, windows, walls, stairs, shelves, the refrigerator; really, look around. This is how human consciousness is constructed. But if you step outside and into the natural environment, rectangles are nowhere to be found, and even perfectly symmetrical lines are a rarity, as in beehives. This idea of linear thinking having a galling effect is represented in line 6.

So maybe a few nice nature walks may be a good idea, and observe the beautiful asymmetry. Proceeding with your life with less strict structure and more natural spontaneity and intuitiveness will bring increase.

dharmaflower

visitor
Reaction score
Next, line 2 of 60 can be interpreted literally, as in, get outside more, leave your house more often, etc. Sometimes that is applicable. But I've much more frequently have found the gate and courtyard to be a metaphor for thinking outside of your own box, your closed or limited mind, or to think and live with a less linear mindset. 60 is not only how big or small something is, but even more-so how measured and structured it is. In your house, everything is made of rectangles - just look around you. Doors, windows, walls, stairs, shelves, the refrigerator; really, look around. This is how human consciousness is constructed. But if you step outside and into the natural environment, rectangles are nowhere to be found, and even perfectly symmetrical lines are a rarity, as in beehives. This idea of linear thinking having a galling effect is represented in line 6.

Thank You! That makes a lot of sense. Increase, in this instance, is possible in a circular/non-linear manner, rather than planned-out and predictable. Keepin' it as wide-open as I can.

dharmaflower

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).