...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 64 to 29

artio

visitor
Reaction score
Howdy folks. For a little while now I have been contemplating what steps I should take in trying to work through some old emotional issues. I really need to be sure I'm going to be using the correct type of therapy, so I asked the IC: What would be the outcome of me getting involved with a 12-step program to work through my emotional/psychological issues? I received 64 with line 4, 5 and 6 changing to 29.

I've been considering al-anon for adult children of alcoholic. I grew up in a home with a father who drinks a little too much (he still does), and I've come to realize that he did so/does so to abandon me and my mom. Al-anon seems like a logical choice, but Hex 64 changing to 29 makes me feel I should reconsider. It makes me think the IC is saying I'll just stay stuck (64) in my emotional abyss (29).

Does anyone think there may be another way to look at this reading?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Arlo,

Try writing out the change lines one at a time along with your understanding of each line to give yourself a more nuanced interpretation.

Personally I don't think this reading means you are going to be stuck, more like the path to wholeness is a long one and 64.6 particularly seems to caution that once you are feeling better you must still continue to be vigilant.

29. could mean that ultimately you become a role model for others. Check out the image of 29. It's often ignored as people get freaked by the thought of falling into an abyss but it's really very encouraging.
The two trigrams of water are made up of a solid line between two broken lines which can be seen as two logs floating or as stepping stones in a stream. If one focuses on the stepping stones and not on the river one can move forward. As we continue to live by this advice over time the superior man becomes quite expert at calming his emotional issues and walking on water!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).