Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
G
goddessliss
Guest
My landlord has taken advantage of me more than once knowing I'm in a vulnerable position to do much about it.
There are few rentals here especially at a price I could afford and whilst I love this place and the rent is very affordable I do not like being taken advantage of.
Things like - gas cooking but no gas bottle. The norm for renting is there is always a gas bottle and the renter replaces it when they go - sure I can take it with me but to fork out for the bottle then the gas is silly when the next person will need to do that also - yes I could possibly ask the next person renting to pay for it but again it's just rude not to have one.
The next thing was the parking - the property is over 2 acres with plenty of parking and I want to park near my front door but he said no I want you to park in the allocated space I told you to which is far enough way that I have to go around large obstacles when bringing anything from my car. One day I parked close to my front door so he parked me in so I couldn't get out and when I asked him to move his car he said yes but next time I will park you in and won't be moving my car to let you out - park where I told you to.
We discussed the fact that there is no electricity meter on my house and how much he would charge me for Summer and then Winter based on a quarterly bill - after 2 months he charged me more than he said he would for 3 months.
I've spoken to him about a couple of things in the flat that are broken and he said not my problem I'm selling the property so can't be bothered.
When friends or family are here he is like a different person Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde definitely. He's also said if I ever get a bf he's not welcome here.
Show me the way to stop landlord taking advantage of my vulnerable position.
Hex 45.2.4>29
Hex 45 talks of gathering proper principles but I feel I already have them - I'm quiet, respectful of their boundaries and pay rent on time like any decent human being would.
As for trying to talk with him about any of these issues all he does is argue and argue because he seems to have this need to be right - of course I back down because he could just tell me to move out.
I've had plans to start a women's group to come to my home at least once a fortnight so I'm wondering if the Yi is speaking of this and how it may help me put out a stronger energy.
- Liss
There are few rentals here especially at a price I could afford and whilst I love this place and the rent is very affordable I do not like being taken advantage of.
Things like - gas cooking but no gas bottle. The norm for renting is there is always a gas bottle and the renter replaces it when they go - sure I can take it with me but to fork out for the bottle then the gas is silly when the next person will need to do that also - yes I could possibly ask the next person renting to pay for it but again it's just rude not to have one.
The next thing was the parking - the property is over 2 acres with plenty of parking and I want to park near my front door but he said no I want you to park in the allocated space I told you to which is far enough way that I have to go around large obstacles when bringing anything from my car. One day I parked close to my front door so he parked me in so I couldn't get out and when I asked him to move his car he said yes but next time I will park you in and won't be moving my car to let you out - park where I told you to.
We discussed the fact that there is no electricity meter on my house and how much he would charge me for Summer and then Winter based on a quarterly bill - after 2 months he charged me more than he said he would for 3 months.
I've spoken to him about a couple of things in the flat that are broken and he said not my problem I'm selling the property so can't be bothered.
When friends or family are here he is like a different person Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde definitely. He's also said if I ever get a bf he's not welcome here.
Show me the way to stop landlord taking advantage of my vulnerable position.
Hex 45.2.4>29
Hex 45 talks of gathering proper principles but I feel I already have them - I'm quiet, respectful of their boundaries and pay rent on time like any decent human being would.
As for trying to talk with him about any of these issues all he does is argue and argue because he seems to have this need to be right - of course I back down because he could just tell me to move out.
I've had plans to start a women's group to come to my home at least once a fortnight so I'm wondering if the Yi is speaking of this and how it may help me put out a stronger energy.
- Liss