...life can be translucent

Menu

The exact same response twice in a row

luz

visitor
Reaction score
I figure there has to be a message for me here. I want to make sure that I am not missing anything so I appreciate any help.
I'm asking regarding this situation I have in which I desire a certain outcome.There's not much I can do about it but I tend to obsess a little bit and I actually ask about it quiet often, which I know it's not good, but anyway! I asked:

'How can I be less anxious about this issue?' and I got

14.6 -> 34

Looking at Karcher, there's something about 'leaving it to Heaven' so I interpret it as let go, rely in fate.

So, I asked again, a little impulsively, 'Why am I so obsessive?' and I got the exact same response

14.6 -> 34

I figure, there's something there.

Anyway, thanks if you can give me any input.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Make that three times in a row, sort of.
I indulged one more time and asked 'What do I need to know about this (situation'?
And I got

14.5.6 -> 43

A little different, but the same hexagram...

C

candid

Holding onto, resisting or chasing after leads to a deadlock (fan yao 34.6). Releasing and allowing leads to flowering. You are the steward of your inner or spiritual (line 6) possessions, and the outcome depends on your wise stewardship.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you.
Somehow, by reading your responses, I find a sense of release, at least for the time being. Letting go is so hard for me, you know.

omshante

visitor
Reaction score
first of all we must consider the issue of the 'obsessiveness'. obviously a lot of energy is going into something that you truly want. the hexagram 14 talks of sovereignty. stewardship as candid has mentioned. you must consider that a person does not change in public from what they are inside', and that this 'situation' comes with responsibility. just be careful

anyway looking at your reading(s)

14.6 - 34
14.6 - 34
14.5.6 - 43

the i ching is trying to talk to you loud and clear. i'd be surprised if you did not recieve no.4 on your next cast. oddly, even 43 is a reversal of 34.

your obsessive nature comes from uncertainty of who you are and what you deserve because this cast talks of reward, you would not have recieved it if you did not deserve it. its a bit of a bone rattling moment for you and i say grasp it with both hands, thoughtfully and quickly. the world needs someone like you right now. this is the year of spiritual chaos

be not afraid of greatness, but be afraid of an obssessive nature!

omshante

C

candid

Omshante, let?s not forget judgmentalism. And since you pointed out gua 4, let?s also remember line 2?

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Omshante,
Regarding my obsessiveness, I think you nailed it. What a nice reading!
I know this is a divination forum, not group therapy, but I really wonder, Do most people feel they 'deserve' what they want? Although I consider myself a basically good person, I don't know why but I have a hard time believing that I 'deserve' things...
I think the warning about responsibility is also right on the money.
I'm trying to cut down on the flattery because I think it sounds too solicitous sometimes, but you and Candid are such gifted readers!
After the three 14's in a row, my next question was, after reading your post, 'tell me more about omshante's reading' and I got

10.3.6->43

and then, a little confused by this, I asked again 'explain O's reading' and I got

10.3 -> 1

I was beginning to be a little scared by this new repetition and I asked how to tie up both readings (meaning the 14 and the 10) and I got

12.4->20

Now I'm not so freaked out but now I have to study these readings a little bit and try to see what's in them.
I just wanted to share this because it rarely happens to me that I get the same hex twice in a row, and never before as a response to what is basically the same question... And now it happened twice today!

Thanks

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid,
are talking about 14.2? I don't know what 'gua' means, but I found your last post a little cryptic...

C

candid

Hi Lightangel,

I was referring to Om's reference to 4. And it was a little cryptic, yes. A Gua is what we call hexagram, same thing.

Since you've been so open and transparent, I'll share a little of a recent experience of my own regarding 14.6 - 34.

I've recently been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, but only after suffering through 3 months of sleepless nights, gasping for air after each one hour?s sleep. I?ve always enjoyed good health, even at the age of 59. Now I was faced with this chronic condition, which according to medical sources, can only be expected to become worse over time. I was shaken to the core the day I was diagnosed. I turned to the Yi and asked ?What can I do about this condition?? and I received 14.6 changing to 34.

See, while 14.6 sounds all rosy, it only promises success when we take responsibility for the assets we [still] possess. And for me to do that required 34; I had to be extremely strong willed and stubborn in order to overcome the setback of the illness. (There's no automatic good or bad hexagram or change line.)

14 isn?t about everything being easy, nor does it come automatically with a healing or blessing. It only reminds us of the great assets we still possess, and to take responsibility for making the most from those assets.

What you deserve is to act worthy of yourself. Then we can claim:

blessed by heaven.
good fortune.
nothing that doesn't further.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, I can see how there really are no 'good' or 'bad' hexagrams. Learning to understand the Yi is like many other things in life. Practice, practice, practice. You get the same lesson a few hundred times and then it starts to sink in.
I took a look at your profile. He's beautiful! I have a dog of my own whom I adore.

I'm sure that 14.6 is not as rosy as it seems, but it's not bad either. It's hopeful. It's cheerful. Of course what matters is to enjoy what we still have. And the most important part of the message to me is :

"The noble one by terminating evil raises good,
by yielding to Heaven relaxes in fate"

how can that be bad?

From what I understand, these days there are all kinds of therapies for congestive heart failure. Are you making sure you learn everything you can about it so you can choose which treatments to use? I don't know much about it but I'm sure that with proper care it doesn't have to get worse. I really hope you are well and I'm sure that you will have the spiritual strength to face this and get better. Take care of yourself.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
And, Candid, haven't you heard???
59 is the new 39!

C

candid

Oh yeah. I'm optimistic, over all. Just started a new job, the meds have helped lower the extremely high blood pressure, and I'm sleeping better too: the positive side of 34 - being a stubborn old goat!
lol.gif

"The noble one by terminating evil raises good,
by yielding to Heaven relaxes in fate"

Indeed!

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
I wish you all the best Candid.
14.6 is perhaps not all rosy but when the goat has done what it can do it may soften, go yin, let it go. In the trust that help will come from ... err, is it wise to use the word heaven when talking to earth based goats?
happy.gif

C

candid

Martin,

Absolutely! and I do trust... so long as I do my part. One thing I've learned about Chien, it can be frighteningly apathetic toward defeatism. Holding onto the magic tortoise.

thanks man
zen2.gif

omshante

visitor
Reaction score
hi candid

i mentioned no.4 as the voice of the teacher, not as youthful folly (immaturity).

a position of responsibility could not be given to an inexperienced person unwilling to learn.

lightangel is a willing student

Omx

omshante

visitor
Reaction score
hi Lightangel

i work as a telephone i ching reader and have to work quickly, so my readings tend to be intuitive. thankyou. as an intuit i pick up firstly on how the questioner expresses themself and examine that before concluding with the outcome of a cast. in your enquiry you talk of anxiety, impulse and obsession. already most if the information is there before we've even started. if you approach the i ching in an agitated state, you must first adopt a position of calmness. ask the oracle to give you a meditation, if you like. calmness is the first healing principle in all things, because it clears the vision. then one is open and receptive to the advice given with no further need to question the question of the question. simplicity is key, because one is listening to the sound of ones own breath. listen with care

Candid, i'm sorry to hear of your conditiion. on the metaphysical plane. the heart represents the centre of love and security and any malady is usually associated with emotional upset and belief in stress and strain. high blood pressure (hypertension) is also associated with longstanding emotional upset i personally would use the i ching to address the underlying issues which in turn would help settle the unruly energy. i should like to hear what the i ching has to say on that score. i sincerely wish you well.

omshante

C

candid

Om, I didn?t mean to hijack this thread talking about this condition, which has been greatly improved in recent days. I only mentioned it for the common good and to express empathy with Lightangel. I appreciate your offer but I?ll pass on it, right now. I?m no stranger to inner cause and effect, especially my own. Thanks though.

C

candid

Om, while I appreciate your interest, this is too personal to discuss publicly.

Now - off to the home show to earn my keep in this society! being the self-sufficient capitalist that I am.
wink.gif

brian

visitor
Reaction score
Da You;Guai (14.5.6-43) You did not get hex 14 three times in a row--you got it four, the mutual gua of Da You is Guai--it is understood in some circles that the inner, hidden meaning of a gua is found in its mutual gua.

The I ching is more compulsive than you perhaps.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Omshante, it makes sense. I am rather calm most of the time when I ask questions, but the inner anxiety is there... in the obsession.
Brian, that is so interesting! I got 43 FIVE times in a row in fact! if you see the thread, the very next question I asked was answered with a 10->43. It makes me feel so much better that the Yi is more obsessive than me!

omshante

visitor
Reaction score
then you must listen to the Yi, for it is no more than a resonance of yourself. in my opinion and this is only my opinion, please correct me if you feel me to be wrong. obsession is either a great weakness or a great strength. i should know because i have an obsessive nature too. it is connected to an unruly spleen energy which also affects wieght. anyway an obsessive nature can be a good thing if put to good use, can keep going when others have given up. all good leaders have a terrible flaw, they just know how to capitalize on it better than anyone else around them. the Yi is telling you, 'great flaw, great leader'. go to it. none of us is 'perfect'.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
agreed! - amen and amen.

Rinda

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom