...life can be translucent

Menu

42.1.5.6 New Apartment

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I would appreciate it if you guys could help me with a reading. I recently signed a new lease on an apartment. The first time I will have my own apartment in the city I now live in, which feels likes a big accomplishment. However, I will be leaving the very comfortable apartment I am in now, which was a big too pricey for me on my own without a roommate. I found what I thought was the perfect place and a great deal but felt nervous today after seeing it again and signing the lease. The neighborhood is not a nice as mine is now, the landlords seem amazing, and he place is beautiful. But I am giving up the peaceful and quiet neighborhood I have loved for so long to live in the place on my own. I want to know if I am going to enjoy living there.

I asked the iching, "Please tell me if I will be happy in my new apartment" and received hexagram 42.1.5.6.

I also asked earlier in the day if I would like the new place and received hex 24 unchanging. Then I asked how I would feel living there and received hex 40.

What do you think? I am so nervous. I already made this choice but don't feel entirely comfortable with it.

I would really appreciate your input.

Thank you!

Jen
:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think these are just nervous misgivings...and I think Yi is answering that.

42.1.5.6>2. You know what it is...it is what it is (hex 2) you can make it how you want. I wonder if 42.6 is pointing to a 'spoiled' attitude ? I mean you made your choice, it's all good....but the line 6 makes me wonder this re thinking is a way of wondering if you can do even better, and in that not appreciating what you have found. Everyone feels this way when they move, it's normal I think.

Practically I think you just need to tell yourself off and give yourself a talking to :D because although this new place is a blessing, in line 6 your attitude isn't accepting or completing that blessing....which is why I think you might need to give yourself a stiff talking to. Don't let nerves or thinking you had it better elsewhere get the better of you.

I also asked earlier in the day if I would like the new place and received hex 24 unchanging. Then I asked how I would feel living there and received hex 40.

Hmm you are asking the same question twice really...40uc is basically saying simply not to hang about sitting on the fence. If you have reason to move them move and if you don't then don't ! I think 24uc might say it feels like home, a refuge.

Disclaimer If, in all honesty with yourself you truly feel it's better not to take it then you must do what you think best. However I feel the 42.1.5.6>2 and other casts are basically saying this

"hey girl you got a really good deal, it's so great, great landlord ( a good landlord is priceless) but now you are gonna re think ! What ? What is with you ! (that is 42.6 being stern) You can see what it is that is why you chose it (2) so drop all this shilly billy dallying around.....and either GO WITH IT NOW OR LET IT GO (40uc) because I can't put up with all this when people can't even see what's good for them (42.6 being stern again) Feels like a base to me (24uc) but if you are gonna start doubting what a blessing this is well I just don't know !!!" (42.6)

Yi shakes it's head and stalks off exasperated (well it does when I channel it)

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Oh thanks so much for the reply Trojina!

I sincerely hope you are right about the apartment. I know it is partly cold feet. I have such a hard time sticking to decisions that when I have to make a big one I always get really nervous!!! But also, I have been really happy in my current apartment aside from the roommate woes– but unfortunately those just come with the territory with that place, bc it is not affordable without a roommate.

I think partly why I am getting nervous too is bc there were some creepy looking dudes hanging out on the stoop when I went to look at the place though. They did make me kind of nervous. I asked the landlord about them though, and he said they are good people so I shouldn't be worried. I have lived in buildings like this before though where there are always dudes on the stoop. Ugh, they always seem so menacing, but in my experience they are normally fine and just happy to be left alone to drink their beer or whatever it is they are doing.

I don't know, I guess like I said I just got spoiled living on this really quiet block with families and got used to that. I will say thought that even when I moved onto that block, there were some neighborhood hangabouts that made me nervous. But after I got to know them it was fine.

I guess it also just comes with the territory when you are looking for a new cheaper place in the city too though. If you want to find anything affordable, you basically have to go to slightly fringey areas and hope for the best.

This is a pretty amazing deal b/c it is a renovated 2 bedroom for cheaper than most 1 beds! So yeah, I guess like you said, "It is what it is" and I know what it is, so I need to just relax and feel thankful that I found it.

I do hope what you say about 24 is right though! I really want to feel at home there, as I want to enjoy the cute place and the cheaper rent and feel at home!! :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I always chat to existing tenants/neighbours to find out what a place will be like to live in because they will tell you the truth. Have you tried that ? If you have doubts it's always worth it.

even when I moved onto that block, there were some neighborhood hangabouts that made me nervous. But after I got to know them it was fine.

Yes, it's often that way. Also remember your senses are on red alert for anything dodgy. After you have been there a few weeks it will likely all look a lot less menacing.

Actually on the plus side if you get to know the rough looking people on the stoop (not sure what that is ? does it mean entrance ?) they can be an advantage in deterring any other undesirables/keeping an eye on the place ;)

I think it will be fine and it's all nerves but if your worries go on talk to a neighbour or two about what the block is like ?

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, Thanks Trojina. I will do that. Thankfully I have a male friend who lives only around 3 doors down, so I imagine if I have any issues he would help me out, and also he will be a good one to chat with about the neighborhood. I did already sign the lease, but I imagine if there were any major issues they would have to work with me. Also, I do feel better that the landlord introduced me to a guy in the building who is also a "hangabout," but apparently is also extremely helpful and even picks up people's packages for them so they do not get stolen. He seemed very nice. I think the landlords were also eager to introduce me to him to ease my mind. They said he would "look out for me" :) Also, I think the neighborhood is rapidly changing regardless, so moving there now is probably a good thing in terms of getting cheaper rent while I can. Pretty soon there will be an enormous fancy doorman building across the street. They are almost done with construction– crazy!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent, let us know how it goes :)

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Yes will do! Thanks again for your comments. I already feel a bit of a weight lifted. Maybe I just needed to talk it out and also needed a bit of unbiased encouragement :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).