...life can be translucent

Menu

Weird Week 2.2 ; 47.2.6 ; 5.4; 31, 47 and some 34 in the mix

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
This is just me telling the story of my week with the readings that I have been getting regarding some things that have happened, with my own interpretations. I would really welcome your insights too, but I warn you: it's going to be a long one :)

I'm having a crappy week. Let me just start by saying this. I feel very insecure about a number of things that are going on, I feel very down, isolated, despondent and emotionally drained. This has to do with a particular situation but it is also a recurrent thing in my life when I face uncertainty. I always expect the worst and I start feeling like the worst is happening even before it actually happens. To be fair, normally it does happen, but then again we could have an endless discussion about self fulfilled prophecies and self-sabotage. Its not like I like things being like that. It has to do with my upbringing and it is something that I've been trying to work on for years. Therapy has helped but I've come to realize that it is something so engrained in myself that it will always linger on some extent.

Anyhow, Because of this I've turned to the Yi for advice, mainly asking what to expect from a particular situation, if there's anything I can do to improve it or influence it in a positive way, etc. The answers have always been in the lines of "sorry girl, you'll have to sit this one out because it is not in your hands, you'll know what to do when the time comes", "it will get worst before it gets better". Which basically is the worst thing you can get when you have issues with uncertainty. Ergo, the crappy week (can I say crap here?)

Yesterday was a particularly bad day. I had been sleeping like crap for the past days, my appetite was gone so when I was doing an Onboarding session with some new hires at one point I had to sit down because I was about to faint. I had received hexagram 47 unchanging the previous night with regards of what was going on with some things in my life and that was exactly how I was feeling: entangled, oppressed, with no energy and wanting to quit

Disclaimer: I know hex 47 has a silver lining but at that point it was all the bad mojo of the 47 going on, without reaching the silver lining. Still haven't, to be honest. Didn't help that I got the same casting when I asked how to expect things to unfold. From what I could understand, 47 u/c also speaks of one being able to overcome hardship, but it takes a very stron will.

I really wanted to get out of the funk, though. One of the advice the Yi has given me twice in the past week (albeit for somewhat different questions/situations) has been 34 unchanging: use your power wisely, but only within the limits of what is right. Don't go full throttle on things just yet. So the logical question (for me at least) has been: so what if I just remove myself and quit this whole situation? The Yi's answer has always been "nope, you can't, you have to go through this, the obstacles will eventually dissappear and you'll see things more clearly at some point, just not now" (trying to find that particular reading but I have it in my other notebook, will edit and put it in later)

So yesterday, with all this in my head, I started speaking with a friend. I told him I just wanted to quit this whole thing already, that it was probably the best because I didn't see any chance of things improving, since they are not moving at all, nothing has really changed. He advised me to do that and really encouraged me to do so, for he thpught it was the best. I asked the Yi for guidance regarding my friend's advice. The answer was 47.2.6 turning to 12 (again, 47). I saw the standstill (12) as a complement of the current feeling of 47, line 2 as a nod to an inner state of depression that seems to be familiar and line 6 to the difficulty to have confidence and learn from the past in order to get rid of "the funk". At first I thought that it was an affirmation of my friend's advice (especially due to line 2: help arrives). Then I started thinking that maybe this line of thinking (which basically describes what I've done in the past in similar situations) is what is keeping me in the stadstill. So I was back on square one.

I received a message from another friend and he called me on the phone, asked me what was going on. Told my whole story again and we spent a good hour talking. Told him I was thinking about just leaving this all behind and plan my escape plan from the situation. He paused for a while and told me "Girl, you know I love you but you have to stop beating yourself up so much about this: you don't know what will happen, nothing has really happened. Maybe what you are expecting will in fact happen, but it is not written in stone, at least not yet and you are rushing your judgement. Wait and see and act and decide when the time comes and when you have all the information. Your mind is becoming your own enemy" (This is the PG version, he actually gave me a mouthful). I felt relieved and it made sense, but then I started thinking: What if this makes sense because it is actually what I deep down wanted to hear. So, tossed the coins again: "What can you tell me about Marcos advice". I got 2.2 turning to 7. Let movement and stillness meet. Movement must happen in relation to the exterior and it must not be standoffish or require that much effort. The road will become clear. The unknown is not that bad. Move according to circumstances and open yourself to experience. Which pretty much was exactly what my friend had told me. Also, Hex. 7 and discipline. Discipline my thoughts, do not go overboard.

Today came. Still not feeling very well. Did my daily casting, "What can I expect from today?" I got 5.4 turning to 43. There are two lines of thought that I've been able to see regarding this line. One has to do with removing yourself from a situation that is harmful. The other one has to do with a harmful mindframe. There's a part of me that in this case, for me, thinks it is the latter. Being isolated and vulnerable. Success is difficult, but eventually new opportunities will come. There are wounds, but one must not make them worse by acting rashly. Get out of the pit. So, I asked: OK Master, that is great, but how can I get out of the pit? And I got 31 unchanging. Thats when I got dizzy and started winging interpretations:
-Find your light? :duh:
-Join others? (I have a birthday party tonight)
-Get married! :rofl:
-I encountered one note on a translation that said that receiving 31 unchanging is a signal to stop wanting to influence a situation. I think that fits. Let the fire burn itself out?

As mentioned in the beginning. What a crappy week. :hug:

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
New Week

The crappy week, at least chronologically speaking, is over.
I guess I did follow the Yi's advice in terms of not intervening with what was happening, sitting it out, etc. Nothing really happened though.
I do believe that following the advice helped in the sense that, as the days went by, even though the uncertainty, worry and sadness were still there, they were less strong than before.
Now, because of how things have developed, some decisions and changes need to be made -got a 49 u/c yesterday when I asked about my future happiness-.
So: what should I expect from this week?
Oh boy... 39.5.6 to 52
So basically more trouble ahead, but with the help of friends I'll be able to cope. Line 6 puzzles me a little bit, the "going bad fortune/coming auspicious" makes me think of not trying new things, but staying with the familiar. Not doing anything too radical? Also line 5 worried me because I don't know why, but when I read it I felt something bad was going to happen to me (?)
So I guess this week is not going to be a picnic.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Your weeks would improve if you would change your avatar. You are not a chimp cleaning your teeth from a toilet. Do not think of yourself that way. You are worth more.

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pocossin!
I know I am not. I have that Avatar because it is a picture I used to have hanging on my bathroom when I was a little kid. I moved around a lot when I was a kid so I ended up losing a lot of my old stuff. Then I found the picture online (it is very rare, from a series of portuguese 1980's calendars that pictured apes and monkeys) so it has more to do with nostalgia than self identification :)
Your words, however, are deeply appreciated and understood

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
New Week, new reading: 16 unchanging

As written before, these have been challenging weeks. Have followed the advice the Yi has given me, which has been -basically- to not go overboard, let things pass, do not pull the plug on things just yet. My first reaction to the different things that have been going on was to say "the hell with this", "I'll give them a piece of my mind". I guess I'm glad I haven't done all that. The 39.5.6 from last week is a good description of what happened: obstacles, friends have risen (although I've chosen to keep to myself mostly)

One of the last readings I did this week, asking if there was anything I could do to improve things was very telling and in line with all that: 3.1 to 8 -> There's a blockage that can't be forced out. It is not a time for drastic measures. The way to go is to stand where one is, but without losing sight of the final goal, keeping a humble attitude.

Sometimes in life we encounter times in which there's not much we can do to change things. We can only work on ourselves. I think this is one of those times for me. I don't know if I have been successfully worked on myself, though. I know I've been doing a lot of thinking. No one said that working on oneself would make onself feel better -I don't- but I guess in my mind I've always thought that you actually do.

Anyways. As every Sunday, I asked the Yi what to expect from this week. This time I got 16 Unchanging. To act in harmony with others, take advantage of opportunities but not getting too carried away (overenthusiastic). Be careful also with idealism.

So I guess by the tone of the hex as opposed to previous weekly readings, one might think that some opportunities will arise this week or at least something will change. Then again, it is advising me to be careful and, again, to not go overboard.

Here's to a better week than the last.

lysithea

visitor
Reaction score
Even though there are still a few days left for the week to end, I think I get why I got 16 unchanging.
It has been a mellow week, very "harmonious" in a way -although non of the issues have really been fixed-. I've seen friends, haven't gotten overboard with anything. Just mellow. I think my state of mind has been very 16ish. Found out I am up for a promotion at the office, but I'm keeping my enthusiasm in check as well.

We'll see how it goes.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).