...life can be translucent

Menu

Is 29 all bad for new romance?

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Seekers,

Could drawing an unchanging 29 in terms of a potentail love relationship mean something else besides danger? Could it mean take the risk, go with the flow? Note - it regards someone I only know online for a short while, but one I'm very likely to meet.

Best for your Quest

Anita

C

candid

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare

freemanc

visitor
Reaction score
Anita, no, no, not bad! On the contrary, it might be a big win. At a couple of levels.

TCB's rendering:

The pit. There will be captives.
Let their hearts be your offering.
Travel. Take the reward.

In the spirit of the Zhouyi, a reading in little pithy sentences:

Something will happen.

If it is from your heart, it will be better.

It will be, um, rewarding.

So have fun, but you know, be sincere and all that. And Candid, go to head of class for very apt deployment of Shakespeare.

FC

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Anita-
While Candid's quote is as apt as anything I can imagine here, I would also consider this one from Zhuangzi:
Perfect sincerity offers no guarantee.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
"No guarantee" is good. 29 often shows up in response to a perfectly reasonable desire to know what you're getting into before you leap. It says you're not going to know without taking the plunge. (Maybe into your own depths, too?)

S

seeker

Well, the translations I have all seem to present a similar idea of have courage and go forward. Karcher specifically says this is an obstacle you cannot avoid, take the risk without holding back. I think Bradford is right, the Yi is not guaranteeing the outcome one way or the other, but seems like still something you have to go through. My own experience with Yi this past year is that sometimes there are things I need to do not because they will be happy, wonderful experiences, but because I will gain something from the experience. I'd say follow your instincts but be cautious, always good advice for meeting anyone you do not really know. You probably know this, but will caution you anyway, meet in a public place at first. I'm a 38 yr old voluptuous blond with green eyes, but online I could say I was a 24 yr old, 6 ft hispanic male and you wouldn't know I wasn't.

For future reference, and I have said many times I am as guilty as anyone about not following this, but the best question for Yi is almost always "what should I do about (state situation)". The responses are almost always clearer. Be safe and good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Wonderful responses! Thank you. I also get 53 for him, and don't know when we'll meet. But I believe he's honest - I have his home phone number, I know his website. And I love the music he composes - classical. According to an article on the net, I believe these are good signs where online romances are concerned.

Life is exciting.

Thanks again

Best for your Quest

Anita

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, and he's English and lives in Scotland. So far away! But we really have connected very deep and very rapidly. So it's worth taking the plunge.
I know how I feel for him will determine how I behave with others who want to know me better.
I suppose that's where sincerity comes in.

FC - I like the travel bit.

anita

visitor
Reaction score
Hello All,

Strange. After all the plans about meeting, and a possible trip for me to Europe, and all the love talk, etc. 'we're only renewing a relationship as old as the centuries' etc. etc., he suddenly stopped writing to me. Perhaps it's because I told him it wouldn't be possible for me to travel without endangering my new job...perhaps his new job doesn't allow him to travel in the near future either. Whatever it may be, I suddennly met someone else - a Scottish man who I barely knew online. And one day he wrote to say he was coming here to work as an IT consultant, and boy, was I nervous! How was I to remain sincere to the other guy? I hoped the Scot wasn't attractive, but he is, and adores me. I do have a tussle with the fact that he has a beer belly, but then I think it's time for me to learn another spiritual lesson - to look beyond appearances...He's a lovely, caring man who wants to see me every day, and is moving closer to where I live. "I'm real!" he keeps telling me.

On the other hand, I know the other guy is very busy now and perhaps I will suddenly hear from him. and then, who knows?

Will keep you posted.

Best for your Quest

Anita

S

seeker

Perhaps 29 for you was about going through something to get to where you needed to be. Sometimes our path is like set of stairs, each step leads to the next. 29 can also be about the unknown or unexpected, which I think also applies in your case. In either case, I think you should follow your heart to whatever path makes you truly happy
happy.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).