Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
B
butterfly spider
Guest
Interesting to know what others think on this...
I asked should I trust my instincts on not taking medication for blood pressure to enable me to have a gall bladder operation
My blood pressure rockets when I am anxious - but today after a 24 hour monitor the readings (apart from when I was at the surgery and when my daughter phoned ) were within the limits acceptable. The figures are higher than they ahould be for someone if my age lifestyle and fitness but of no concern at the moment. BP over 24 hours averaged 147/81 - the hospital said that on the monitor readigs they are happy to go ahead. It does depend a bit on the reading on the day - the GP said That they would then delay and we could think again...the alternative is to go on a low dose of a calcium drug ..if it was not for the operation she said that she would just monitor my BP every 3 months
My instinct on this is that I should just toddle along for the operation and see - surely I can stop the anxiety in some way. If my BP goes from 142/82 to 177/111 in the space of 10 minutes when I am in hospital then surely I can do something myself.
I got 42 UC and just wondered if I am not listening well enough - if I was missing something. I never take prescribed drugs for Anything and somehow feel that I need to listen here. I do need my gallbladder out - it is a malevolent little blip - but taking tablets for the rest of my life (possibly) feels so wrong
I am not asking for advise on health issues just how hex 42 relates to using my instincts. My decision will be my own
I asked should I trust my instincts on not taking medication for blood pressure to enable me to have a gall bladder operation
My blood pressure rockets when I am anxious - but today after a 24 hour monitor the readings (apart from when I was at the surgery and when my daughter phoned ) were within the limits acceptable. The figures are higher than they ahould be for someone if my age lifestyle and fitness but of no concern at the moment. BP over 24 hours averaged 147/81 - the hospital said that on the monitor readigs they are happy to go ahead. It does depend a bit on the reading on the day - the GP said That they would then delay and we could think again...the alternative is to go on a low dose of a calcium drug ..if it was not for the operation she said that she would just monitor my BP every 3 months
My instinct on this is that I should just toddle along for the operation and see - surely I can stop the anxiety in some way. If my BP goes from 142/82 to 177/111 in the space of 10 minutes when I am in hospital then surely I can do something myself.
I got 42 UC and just wondered if I am not listening well enough - if I was missing something. I never take prescribed drugs for Anything and somehow feel that I need to listen here. I do need my gallbladder out - it is a malevolent little blip - but taking tablets for the rest of my life (possibly) feels so wrong
I am not asking for advise on health issues just how hex 42 relates to using my instincts. My decision will be my own