...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 57 changing to 29

yellowknife

visitor
Reaction score
Lise, thank you for your wonderful site!

I've a couple of times got the reading 57, 3,6 to 29 when asking how my performance at a launch of a book of my poems will go.

I just wasn't getting it and was wondering what disasters might befall me (such positive thinking!) when I read your interpretation.

The "Seal" of 57 makes so much sense to me in this context. Having a book launch event has brought lots of fears to the surface about how I'm seen by others. I've invited people from different compartments of my life- some of whom see me in a certain way that's compatible with my book and poems. Some of whom don't.

Also, this book launch (I'm lucky enough to be being published by a local small press) has made me realise how rarely I take the centre stage. I'm often on the periphery of it, and, because I'm a performer, am probably generally seen as someone who is comfortable in it. In actuality I'm usually contrive to get myself placed just on the edges of the spotlight, and only allow myself to be seen to be pushed into it, rather than walk there myself.

Lise's words for 57,3 "On the brink of receiving the Seal" rang so clear. Tonight is about finally taking posession of my voice- but that is very scary!

Although asking how best to be at tonight's launch brought the confusing answer 42,6.
"Someone strikes him". Ergh. Any advice?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It's pretty dodgy. Not only do each of the changing lines offer an unattractive prospect, but the overall 57>29 doesn't look too promising either.

42.6 is a warning line as well.

I don't often say this, but if I was getting that kind of readout, I'd avoid the situation. I'd phone in sick or something.

Having said that, you might want to go through with it anyway. It isn't the end of the world, after all. And if you follow the advice given, it would go something like this:

57>29: you're penetrating to the foundations of this situation in a way that passes through risk and danger. Stick to your direction and there's some gain for you in this, especially if you orient yourself to a guide or leading light, and especially if you maintain your heart quality throughout the experience.

42.6: keep your eyes open for hecklers and people scoring points off you.

yellowknife

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you!

Not too cheering all in all.

I have an inkling though that there is something of self sabotaging in here because of my underlying fears about not deserving the spotlight.

I've just resolved to make sure none of the small details escape me- like not having petrol in my car etc.

Just asked how the performance itself will go- 31 unchanging.

The launch overall. 55 unchanging.

It's not something I can cancel. I am just trying to cover all my bases and have the most positive attitude I can. Will feedback tomorrow morning!

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"I have an inkling though that there is something of self sabotaging in here because of my underlying fears about not deserving the spotlight."

Yeah, that was my feeling about it as well. Which is the very reason, I think, why you might draw some flak - cuz there's a layer of you that feels you don't deserve it or that you're not adequate for it or that you can't handle it. Which is really interesting, cuz if that's the case, then the Yi is giving you valuable information, not only about the situation, but about *you*. Which is: you're penetrating to the foundations of a very important issue in your personality, which passes through danger etc, like I said above.

If you know this, and if you remember this, then you can go through with the reading if you brace yourself a bit, cuz you'll know it's all up to you and everything that happens is a kind of cosmic echo or relation to what you are and what you need.

Hey, good luck with it!

gene

visitor
Reaction score
One thing hexagram 57 does is bring to our awareness things darkly hidden within us. It's kind of like an inner spotlight. When line three changes hexagram 6 is formed, and there is conflict. When line six changes hexagram 28 is formed, and there the weight is too great. That being said, the conflict here is within. The weight is one which you carry yourself. It may be time to forget who sees you in what way, and concern yourself only with how you see yourself. With that, you might surprise yourself, and find a good performance makes others see you in a more positive light too. But then, maybe that shouldn't matter, only how you see yourself is important.

Gene

yellowknife

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Gene and Dobro. Some very appropriate points there.

The launch is now over- it's the morning after the night before!

In many ways it would be seen as a success. There were around 60 people there, a good atmosphere, many people said, very sincerely I think, that they enjoyed it (and my performance) and the publishers were happy with the books they sold and the overall night.

But...I certainly felt a great deal of inner tension! Usually I enjoy performing my poems very much, but I only felt flashes of enjoyment and comfortableness last night. Before hand I was very tense, and jittery. Nerves absolutely strung- I was pretty hyper. I felt so self conscious and unworthy of the attention and very detached from all the nice things people were saying about me (though I did recognise them as strong and genuine, they somehow didn't reach me).

My therapist came along and we have talked in recent sessions about how my feelings about this launch fit with my long held fears about using and having my own "Voice" for myself.

I do feel like the launch has been a turning point for me. Though I do wish I could attach more to some of the positive feelings that should arise. Partly though I enjoy doing readings when I feel absolutely myself. At this one, I felt like I was having to focus more on the poems in the present book- which I have already left behind in many ways.

Also adding to the tension possibly (in a very "28" way, was that a man I'm in love with but not with, for complex reasons, (er..no, he doesn't want to be with me- simple!) asked me for a coffee on the afternoon before the launch. And though I knew it would heighten my internal tension and conflicts (and stomach churning), I said yes, because I wanted to see him. I wondered if that could have been partly 42,6 though. Maybe it would have been more self preserving to have said no.

My question this morning;"so after the launch, what next?" answered with 51,4 to 24 indicates there is still work to do on connecting to my heart!

jte

visitor
Reaction score
By the way, Wolv, sometimes when I get a negative reading for something I have to go forward with, I ask a follow up question to the effect of "how do I best alleviate/circumvent/avoid/reduce (you get the idea) the evil mentioned in the reading you just gave me."

Normally I'll get a helpful suggestion and this helps me go forward with a more positive outlook.

Worth mentioning that sometimes the "negative" line itself holds the key to how reduce the negative effect of the situation.

Sorry this is after the fact, but thought I'd share for future reference.

- Jeff

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).