...life can be translucent

Menu

finding light in a dark time

C

Chloemc

How to succeed

I asked the iching how I could find my success?

Currently, I'm pursuing education in theatre. Something I've always been very passionate about. I've also been having troubles with relationships and where my head is at. I feel like I am constantly going for the wrong person or focusing being with somebody more than myself. I'm not quite sure. I was in a secretive affair that recently ended after I asked for more respect. There is somebody who I really think about a lot in relationship terms but he lives so far away and he has a crazy busy life. Yet, something inside me feels so drawn to him and I know our connection was real. I just don't know where it will lead. All of these things are aspects I've considered when asking the question of how I can find success.

The reading I got was 44 changing to 29.

What I understand from this, is that I should find a way to work on myself and my future and not get distracted with things that might feel good in the moment but in the long run damage me or prolong moving forward. Can somebody help add some clarity to this?

Last edited:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say you have a good start having taken a stand for more respect even if it meant losing a relationship.

From a trigram point of view, I think it suggests working on having a mindset of gentleness towards yourself (lower trigrams Water/Wind) and continuing to act on what you know is good and decent (upper trigrams Water/Heaven).

B

butterfly spider

Sometimes when I get 29 as a resulting hexagram it shows that my fear if something is greater than the issue itself. It is the background to my question. Your question itself felt fearful. I am not underestimating your worry but from personal experience the situation is less dark than you imagine it to be.

Last edited:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can relate to your question quite well as I went through much of what you describe.

I suppose we have to be very clear about how we personally define "success." Some of the most successful people I've known saw their success as a result of their inner struggles and transformations. Because they had achieved a positive revolution within themselves and had transmuted and integrated so many of their inner demons this naturally redefined their focus as to what it was to be successful and how they shared the new energy available to them.

It's often amazing how the Universe responds when we have surmounted an obstacle in ourselves which I think is often reflected in our external reality. Suddenly, true understanding and new awareness releases something and the way becomes clear. It's then that harmony, therefore success (being true and manifesting that truth) begins to flow.

How I could find my success?

44.3.4.6>29

Hexgram 44 Coming to Meet//Encounter/Temptations

Line 3: Might be referring to your present state of stress and the effort and courage required to keep your balance in the face of all kinds of negative associations. Your emotional reactions are your biggest threat to that balance. And if you give in to it, you might have to learn a painful lesson. But I think you have what it takes to maintain it. See this as a kind of warning. Keep it simple and keep on keeping on. Don't involve more pressures in work or relationships until you have reached more stable ground. Keep distractions to a minimum during this period and keep the faith. You can get through this. Don't make it harder.

Line 4: Tends to reiterate the previous line in that there's nothing here at the present time that can give you immediate relief or resolution - certainly not in terms of external distractions. Yet...you are on the road. There may also be some avoidance issues regarding inner/outer work. Is there something you are missing in how you are reading this situation? It's almost a barren line of subjectivity where we are dreaming about all kinds of possibilities for the wrong reasons and which can't lead anywhere good. Back to business.

Line 6: In terms of how you perceive success, you may be engaging with it too hard. There is sometimes a sense of exhaustion with this line, pressing too hard for certainty and forcing reality into being. But then even here, there's no real harm done since you are on the right track. It may be here that you realise you need to be much more gentle with yourself as iams girl stated, and dissolve the intensity that this hexagram is illustrating.

Overall there might be a close binding of your need for a relationship, your sense of being "drawn" to another and your focus on career success.

"All of these things are aspects I've considered when asking the question of how I can find success."

These two expressions of potential creativity (core sexual energy) flowing as two of these aspects seeking direction and resolution. You appear to be a passionate, sensitive and giving person, focused on communication and belonging whilst wishing to find that true self-esteem. But that can't fully emerge until there is further attention given to the reasons for these two desires. And for that, perhaps you need to keep grounded, focused and not to drive yourself so hard. Routine, stability and economising your precious energy might be what's required during this time. Be sure that your wish to find resolution and breakthroughs (and temptations) during this period are going to augment your success rather than drain it.

"... I should find a way to work on myself and my future and not get distracted with things that might feel good in the moment but in the long run damage me or prolong moving forward."

Precisely. I think you have a good handle on your situation. 29 as background seldom lasts before a rope and food arrive - usually when we least expect it.

Good luck!

B

butterfly spider

I wish that I could have written this response myself. Perhaps when we are fearful of something we try too hard to push ourselves and strive for success.
What a lovely reply Topal - It is what I would have written myself

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).