...life can be translucent

Menu

How can I best grow from this heartache? 2.6 to 23

dawdling

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been posting here through the complete upheaval of my life as I knew it. In the last month I have gone from asking about turbulence in my relationship, to breaking up, to moving back into my parent's place.

Through this I've received helpful advice or insight from many members (much thanks to ginnie and ashteroid both). For the most part the Yi's responses have been very accurate even if my interpretations, understanding, or willingness to hear the answers have not always been.

Like I mentioned I've lost a lot and a lot has changed in just under a month. It has been hell to deal with, and I have consulted Yi more in these three and half weeks than I had in the entire six years since I bought my first guide book (Wilhelm...) put together.

My latest question was "How can I best grow from this heartache?" because I have no other way to put it. It is not a simple matter of moving on, even if I know the reality is I must. I am normally a pragmatic and self-sufficient person, I have never felt this bewildered before, so I am literally asking "how do I do this?"

The answer was: 2.6 changing to 23

However in reading interpretations I stumbled upon the following:

"When the magnetic principle tries to lead, when the ego tries to direct the Work, a devastating conflict erupts in the psyche. If this is the only changing line, the hexagram becomes number twenty-three, Disintegration. To receive this line is an extremely negative omen: beware!"

Honestly, I am not sure what to make of that. I did not initiate the breakup, I did not do anything wrong, I have been reasonable, accommodating, and as level headed as one can expect. I have accepted my situation and started to decipher how best to improve it going forward, through small steps. I don't want to cling to something that is no longer there, even though I admit, I am having a very very hard time letting go of five years, my best friend, and someone I wanted to spend my life with. But another bad omen on the horizon...I don't know.

I need your help again, if even just to contextualize what I might be missing in my equation.

As always, thanks and sincere gratitude.

((if more backstory would be helpful please let me know and I can provide, but I am wary of the length of this post for now))

D

diamanda

Hi dawdling,

I have never felt this bewildered before, so I am literally asking "how do I do this?"
The answer was: 2.6 changing to 23

The line speaks of an old and bitter fight between male and female, which leads to break-up.
Hexagram 2 is passiveness/acceptance, but with line 6 changing, the situation here is beyond that.
You want to go beyond being passive and accepting.
You say: "what to do/how to grow", but that's impossible for now (23).
With such trauma and pain, you can't presently grow.
If you try to go back with her (i.e. if you refuse to accept the situation) more arguments will follow.

A concise answer to your question "how do I do this" could be "recognise that nothing can be done".
I'm really sorry for your heartache, wishing you patience to get over it.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
If you are wondering what to learn from this, in order to understand it and be able to accept it then may I offer the following idea.

2.6 → 23 (Stripping Away), Daniels: Ambition leads to a violent power struggle.
You are thinking it's your fault.

Richmond:
Line 6 is about our inner acceptance of experience and in this moving line we separate from the great flowing tao and identity believes that it creates and destroys. We have here a birth into identity in some way and we choose and take sides and enter mind reality with our being.

It's not. Heaven creates, and your task is to be receptive (2), follow, be a conduit for this energy.
Actor is following a script.

I see your situation as a tree which has been hit by a lightning and then blaming itself for misuse of it's superpowers of lightning-throwing :)
The lightning was created by Heaven, tree was just a conduit for it, a path to get to the ground.
(More technically particles of dust in the atmosphere + water particles in the clouds create a high enough difference of potential that a strong current emerges going towards ground, zero potential).

Don't blame yourself, you are not the creator here, just play along. That's the key.

dawdling

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 2 is passiveness/acceptance, but with line 6 changing, the situation here is beyond that.
You want to go beyond being passive and accepting.
You say: "what to do/how to grow", but that's impossible for now (23).
With such trauma and pain, you can't presently grow.

A concise answer to your question "how do I do this" could be "recognise that nothing can be done"

Thank you diamanda for your sincere and helpful response. I take this as my best course of action is a form of minimalism. I have been trying to equate acceptance with growth, is the Yi saying that acceptance is ambitious enough for now, at least until things change?

One of my concerns over inaction is that another person is involved. In fact when this all started I posted a reading where the Yi told me that this person would not go away, and they haven't. The extent of their involvement from what I am told is speculative (interest expressed both ways but nothing else), and they are not the only reason for our separation, however the threat to my ego in a relationship that was so secure is one of the hardest parts of this. I don't want to let that fester, turn into some neurosis or something I will carry forward.

it sounds like I am being told it is too early for all that... patience.

dawdling

visitor
Reaction score
2.6 → 23 (Stripping Away), Daniels: Ambition leads to a violent power struggle.
You are thinking it's your fault.

True, in a sense. I find myself thinking I have failed in some way, although I recognize there is nothing specific I have done wrong. My shortcomings are definitely under the spotlight of my mind's eye.

we separate from the great flowing tao

Don't blame yourself, you are not the creator here, just play along. That's the key.

As always thanks for the unique insights ashteroid. I guess the crux of my questions was how to play along in this situation, how to stay connected with the tao. As difficult as this is, I am at a point in my life where I don't want to let this damage me or steer me off my path. I guess not blaming myself is the first step, and more so as applies to the details in my response to diamanda.

Perhaps it's best just to feel the loss, and just wait. That's hard.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).