...life can be translucent

Menu

What should I do? Divorcement and Increase

grootspecker

visitor
Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I hope you are all well.
A friend from out of town and I recently had a brief romantic "event", and they seemed all for attempting a relationship- I got my hopes up very high, but my friend admitted that they didn't think they could do it because of some heavy ties with an ex, and I could see that right now their life is very busy and there just doesn't seem to be a place for me in it. We parted on friendly terms, with my friend assuring me that they really like me and want to see me again, but I felt deeply saddened and I'm not sure when the next time will be that we see each other. I feel really into this person and maybe it's self serving, but I see a lot of potential in this relationship, and I don't want to give up on it.

After panicking for a day or two and asking the Yi lots of desperate stupid questions, I decided to stop spinning my wheels in the mud. I returned to it in a more calm and respectful mood and decided to try simple questions. I asked:
"What should I do in regards to X?"
Answer: 42.1.5.6 > 2

Certainly 1 and 5 seem positive, though the question is vague enough that it doesn't necessarily confirm what I hope for the situation, though every Increase is okay with me. It doesn't seem to suggest I should give up on the whole thing, does it? My reading is that the Yi is telling me that I should Increase the situation with my truth and generosity, but 6 is a warning that emotions can easily get out of control and burn me (trying to know myself).

When I asked a more specific question, the answer didn't seem so positive:
"What if I were to pursue a romantic involvement with X?"
Answer: 12.2.4.5.6 > 7

Blocked/Divorcement/No communication is certainly what I feel right now, bad news for a relationship, and unsure of how to even find or go about Increase in any way, much less in terms of a romantic relationship. But all the active lines in Pi seem to suggest some kind of change of the divorcement, if I give to others and endure the tough time- and lines 4,5,6 in James DeKorne's notes are described as lines in which a turn for the better occurs. The "mandate" of line 4 is interesting to me, because it seems to suggest to me that if I'm seeing a possibility in the situation, it might really be there and not just be a figment of my imagination? With the discipline of the soldier (hexagram 7), I must wait for the overturning of the blockage.

So I should let this be a beginning of something (42.1) in which I give generously, and am receptive to what arrives to me... But as far as the relationship I hope for, it may take some patience and endurance of blockage before that is a possibility. Does that seem like a reasonable take on the situation?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to my reading, or experience with these particular lines, especially the ones in Blocked? Am I totally wrong in what I'm seeing? Am I just being self-serving in my interpretation?

Pearlescent

visitor
Reaction score
Hey grootspecker, I am fond of your name, its fun to say :)

I'm going to just give you a quick idea of what I think your readings mean.

I've gotten 42.1.5.6 enough times to believe that this reading means you are blessed, however, line 6 means there's a test of some kind involved in this. The difference between line 5 and line 6 is that line 5 has a benevolent heart, they want to increase everyone, and their kindness is their virtue. Line 6 is quite the opposite, it is someone who is seen by others as being selfish, wanting only more and more and not appreciating what they do have, so someone 'strikes' them. The key to this reading is to follow your heart, be kind, go the way of balanced selflessness and believe in the good and you may be able to avoid the pitfall in line 6. With hex 2 in the relating background, let yourself be led, be receptive, and don't actively pursue him at this time. Later you will receive more guidance.

As far as 12> 7, right now is not a good time to pursue anything as your way is blocked. That however will not last forever and it seems that things can indeed go your way but you have to be patient, and rely on your heart to see you through, meaning don't get possessive and believe in the good. Lines 5 and 6 are showing that stagnation in terms of your goal (7) will be overcome but there's a mandate that you have to carry out until that time comes, the mandate in this case being to do your best to be kind and passively receptive (hex 2) while waiting for that time in the cycle.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
What should you do? I don't think there's anything you CAN do.
As much as 42.1 and 42.5 suggest there was a good feeling between the two of you, 42.6 says there's no future here and of course 2. means you can't successfully initiate anything.
I think 12.6 echos this. Even if you were successful in briefly reconnecting it wouldn't lead to long term stability.
This doesn't mean something wont happen in the future - perhaps your friend will de-clutter his life and seek you out! - but for now I think you just have to be 2.Receptive to your friend's wishes and not do anything more.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).