...life can be translucent

Menu

Power in the toes?

cassandra

visitor
Reaction score
Here I am, stuck in the trees again (Now, where did I put that forest?). I don't post very often but sit back and read everyone's posts and try to learn. I have problems with my own interpretations when I am emotionally invested in the answer. For example: When asking whether I should end a relationship I got Hex 34 1,2,5.

I'm confused about whether it means to not go forward with the plan to end the relationship or to not go forward with the relationship. Help me split this hair, please. I suppose I could be way off base and if so, please feel free to speak up.

Prior to this throw, I asked whether I was being lied to and got Hex 50 4,5. I took 4 to be a confirmation of that. Any input is greatly appreciated as has the input from the past.

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Cassandra, I see what you mean, its hard to tell from the answer whether it means to end it or not. I have often got 34 (esp lines 1 and 3) when i think there is the need for some vigorous action, ie the need to use all my strength and in retrospect I've understood Yi was saying it wasn't necessary - ie you don't need a hammer to crack a nut..(something I'm often guilty of
blush.gif
) So it could be saying that you don't need to take such drastic action as to finish the relationship. Line 1 says using too much strength..Line 5 I always find to be positive, whatever the issue/argument is about you no longer need your ram (aggressive qualities)
That could mean you don't need to end the relationship because in the end whatever the conflict was about it will be easily dissolved - it won't matter anymore.
On the other hand, as you say, the answer could be referring to the actual ending of the relationship, line 2 saying thats fine and line 5 saying you're going to find it very easy to let this relationship go.

Whichever way I feel line 5 tells you hard feelings aren't going to stay around this issue very long and you'll soon be nice and peaceful
happy.gif
. Unfortunately though I can't tell whether it means to end it or not. From my own personal experience with this hexagram though I would lean towards the meaning being 'you don't need to end the relationship, you would be using too much force for no reason - it is safe to let go of your hostile feelings'.

As for the question about being lied to, line 4 does seem to indicate some injury and shame, but its hard to know whether to take it as confirmation of being lied to. It says the princes food is spilt over him - like information that was meant to be contained has got out and caused a mess - the phrase 'spilling the beans' comes to mind. May be this line could well refer to a communication breakdown or misunderstanding.

I hope you get some more feedback as I'm afraid I haven't been too definate.

cassandra

visitor
Reaction score
34 is a toughie. I see it both ways too. It's very helpful to get a third party perspective though and your understanding of 34 definitely exceeds mine. Thanks for the insight.

I never quite understood why the commentary for line 4 said "How can he still be trusted". Last night it occured to me that the meal (the truth/information) never made it to the prince (me in this case). Instead, it was spilled and soiled him. It doesn't say whether the spilling or soiling was on purpose or not. When someone tells a lie to me, it sort of feels like that... like the humiliation of being soiled, i.e., not respected. Maybe that is an explanation for the sentence above about trust. What are your thoughts about this?

Incidentally, I got more info today from other sources that pretty much makes it clear that I'm being lied to. Sitting here dripping with victuals.

louise

visitor
Reaction score
You also got line 5 moving in hex 50 didn't you and that seems positive, I feel it says the situation can be handled ? When moving lines contradict each other, apparently, so I've read here, it can mean two different outcomes. Or it may mean a sequence of events. Perhaps firstly you feel soiled and humiliated, then you get to grips with the situation.

Now you've found out he has actually lied to you maybe its time to consult again and ask another question along the lines of 'how should I react to the fact that hes lied' - that is unless you've already made your mind up to give him the boot !

C

candid

HI Cassandra.

I interpret 34 as meaning, power is present due to the time, however so is the ego, for lack of a better word. I'm sure there's an easy dozen Sanskrit/Buddhist words for it though. I think its safe to safe that the combination has explosive potential; that is, power being out of appropriate control. The pervading principle is that greatness and justice (or rightness) are to be viewed as one and the same.

The three changes lines illustrate the results of three different actions, which is yours alone to choose. Yi seems optimistic and so am I.
happy.gif

Candid

angel

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Cassandra and everyone,

Candid and Louise hit the target completely but I just wanted to add more ideas in your situation.
It seems to me that you want to end the relationship.
I see also moving lines as alternatives:

1.- Take the time to think. Later and calmer you can make up your mind. Coming from 32- persevering.

2.-Do what you want to do (split?). Coming from 55- abounding

5.-Do no split. Coming from 43-to confronting difficulties.

The symbol is quite interesting also ? uses no codes whatever, nowhere treading?. Or what I interpret as: Don?t use rules, Don?t act. should you think about these lies more?. Have you ever lied to him?. Is this so paramount?. Introspection??.again ( Hilary loves that).

Related hex is union. Many things can be said about that, but it is up to you to decide what it means.
Whatever you decide I hope to be the best for you and him.

cassandra

visitor
Reaction score
Candid hit it dead on. Explosive potential became a reality last night. It resulted in a break up.

Angel, I do want to say that it wasn't the being lied to so much as the content of the lie. This all began with his arrest due to financial irresponsibility. There have been other major events in this mans life due to financial irresponsibility just in the 5 months I have been dating him. Our point of contention was that he tells me these things are not my problem so I don't have a right to know much about them (or be told the truth). The way I feel about it is that the longer you spend with someone, the more their problems become yours and if I were to consider marrying this man, his problems would definitely be mine.

The reason for the reading being so forked is that every other aspect of the relationship was very good and I had not one complaint. It is very difficult to give up but probably for the best. I've struggled with mixed feelings in this relationship for a while now.

I had to laugh when I read the post about the female bird jumping on the nest that the male had built for her. It was very timely as I was feeling like a schmuck for being materialistic. That little story pointed out to me that maybe those feelings have their origins in instinct. I want to thank whoever posted that (can't remember). Thank all of you too for your insight. I am going to examine all of your responses more closely tonight and over the holiday. Looks like I'm going to have plenty of time to do that.

cassandra

visitor
Reaction score
Angel, I was wondering what translation you are using. I might want to add that to my collection. I might even have it already... who knows. Like everyone else here, I have stacks and I probably look comical when studying a reading.

Also, you mentioned Union. Funny that Union kept coming up in many of the readings I did regarding this man. I was shocked at how many times it appeared, ususally as the resulting hex. I took the significance of that to be the need to decide whether I wanted to join or not. Do you think that is a reasonable interpretation?

angel

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Cassandra,

Well?? that was fast!.

Line 2 many lies, worries, ?..lead to the end!

The I Ching I was quoting is Karcher´s I Ching 2002 with concordance. I have also how to use? but it seems to me quite weird (I have a Mexican- spanish version and the language is quite funny for Spaniards). Someone also mentioned in other post Karcher´s lovers I Ching. It must be more specialized in relationship issues, so maybe if you are used to asking relationship questions, you would like to have that one instead.

I know what you mean about I ching language. Sometimes is so dark??? and sometimes is so evident that makes it even darker. For your question about Resulting or Relating or second Hexagram , let me quote Hilary Yijing correspondence course lesson number 5.
Union in your case ?might be how you experience the situation at present, the ideal you long to make manifest, deep desire??. Second Hex is something less solid and tangible, MORE SUBJETIVE than primary hex?.

So if you usually get union as resulting hex, don?t you think this can be related to your desire more than the necessity to decide whether or not to be together?. Also you can apply union to yourself: You must keep yourself together. I f you have conflicts with yourself you will have nothing but trouble, so whatever it means to you, don?t break yourself! Be strong! One door closes another opens.

If you want to learn more about how to deal with The I Ching and more concrete how to divine, I recommend you to follow Hilary correspondence course. You don?t regret it. If money is a problem. buy only the course without tuition. Later, you can decide to buy tuitions.

One last recommendation. Read Hexagram 39- difficulties. In the middle of the night, there is always a light.

I hope this help you.

heart.gif

cassandra

visitor
Reaction score
Angel,

As it turns out, I have both of the Karcher versions you mentioned. Don't feel alone... the 2002 Karcher version in english is wierd to me too.

Your advice about the resulting hex sheds a new light on it. I am strongly considering Hillary's correspondence course because of your recommendation.

Thanks for your help!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).