Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
rodaki
visitor
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2008
- Messages
- 2,176
- Reaction score
- 116
this is a line I have been carrying around in my mind's back pocket for a couple of months now, looking at ti from different point's of view and trying to figure out how it materializes in my case. The matter-at-hand is still a long way from being resolved but I thought I'd post here the meanings I have gathered around it to invite conversation and your experiences of the line
The obvious meaning of the line, ie that of 'lose a battle to win the war' has been a strong point of focus all this time . . one of the phrases I have come to resort to when things get tough lately reads 'let go or get dragged' . . it feels very pertinent to the line as well what with hx40 being the associated hexagram here.
Of course I also absolutely had to (don't tell me you didn't see how excited that makes me!
) consider hx40 in its archery connotations while looking into this . I still have a lot of way to go here as I can only barely fathom the implications of an archer instead of any other kind of soldiers - aside, that is, from the obvious advantage of archers in that they can attack while being stationed at a distance rather than needing to be physically in the midst of the battlefield . . I have a feeling that also the technicalities and arts of archery hide more meaning that can be used to elucidate the line but I shy away from drawing such conclusions as I have minimum personal experience of literal archery practices (much more of them as metaphorical ways of conduct but I don't think it helps much with the specifics needed here, heh)
Another meaning that I have been pondering on for a much longer time considers the 'left-side' as the side of the heart . . now this has turned out to be more complicated than simply the sentimental ('heartfelt') side of things. Keeping in mind that this is the Yi we're talking about, I have found the heart meaning useful as in showing me a more compassionate approach to the battlefield, not only counting on the strong 'soldiers' marching along, but also caring for those 'fallen', injured parts that need to be rescued and looked after
This meaning is also linked to yet another one I'm strongly considering about 7.4 and that is related to intuition-based decisions, in distinction to the ones reached with more linear, objective modes of thought. In trying to express this I have often the expression 'left-path' come into my mind although when I read up on the expression I find it does not express what I actually want to communicate . . I mostly see this left-side way as linked to divination too, to a more, say, 'unorthodox'(?) way of approaching decision making processes . . I hope I'm making this clear enough as I find it a bit tough to talk clearly about this yet I'm hoping it gets clearer if you see it as part of the cluster of meanings I have already mentioned . .
This is pretty much it up to now - feel free to share your thoughts and experiences, I have a feeling I'll be be revisiting this line for a long time to come and would appreciate more points of view
The obvious meaning of the line, ie that of 'lose a battle to win the war' has been a strong point of focus all this time . . one of the phrases I have come to resort to when things get tough lately reads 'let go or get dragged' . . it feels very pertinent to the line as well what with hx40 being the associated hexagram here.
Of course I also absolutely had to (don't tell me you didn't see how excited that makes me!
Another meaning that I have been pondering on for a much longer time considers the 'left-side' as the side of the heart . . now this has turned out to be more complicated than simply the sentimental ('heartfelt') side of things. Keeping in mind that this is the Yi we're talking about, I have found the heart meaning useful as in showing me a more compassionate approach to the battlefield, not only counting on the strong 'soldiers' marching along, but also caring for those 'fallen', injured parts that need to be rescued and looked after
This meaning is also linked to yet another one I'm strongly considering about 7.4 and that is related to intuition-based decisions, in distinction to the ones reached with more linear, objective modes of thought. In trying to express this I have often the expression 'left-path' come into my mind although when I read up on the expression I find it does not express what I actually want to communicate . . I mostly see this left-side way as linked to divination too, to a more, say, 'unorthodox'(?) way of approaching decision making processes . . I hope I'm making this clear enough as I find it a bit tough to talk clearly about this yet I'm hoping it gets clearer if you see it as part of the cluster of meanings I have already mentioned . .
This is pretty much it up to now - feel free to share your thoughts and experiences, I have a feeling I'll be be revisiting this line for a long time to come and would appreciate more points of view