...life can be translucent

Menu

54.3/34 concubine

S

springflower

My monthly question is: What will happen in my life this month? 54.3> 34
I ching make me more anxious. I don't like to be a concubine but it's better than a slave. It refers to my ex for sure. After a broke up it's difficult to expect miracles but with step by step, patience may I manage what I want..
And what about 34? Great strength? A powerful concubine? A concubine can marry if she tread upon a path which is in accord with established order?

Then I asked IC to help me to understand.. to clarify..
36.4 36.6 > 30
No comments! The same answer as here:
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?22568-36-4-6-gt-30
So the answer is relating to my ex fiance.
I have no words...

If somebody could help me I would appreciate it

Last edited:
M

mirian

54.3 >> 34 You are in an awkward position. No chance to achieve things as you really want, so you might have to accept conditions that are not quite up to your standards, less than you deserve, a subordinate position of some sort. You might have to settle for that, but be careful about what you compromise.

S

springflower

Thank you Mirian for answering. I feel exactly this way
. I am in a position that I don't deserve it. So I decided to withdraw and control myself.

Reaction score
Hi Springflower, (I thought I already posted here, but somehow my post got derailed...)
I add to Mirian's reply, which I agree with, that by accepting a subordinate position (for now), your strength will be renewed so that you may move forward (hex 34). Hex 34 is energetic and effective. So that will be your result. By subordinate position, the position may be literal (subordinate in a relationship) or within your heart (relative to what you really want).

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hey
Adding to the others comments
This seems like a clear reading for you, because as you mentioned the person is your ex and you actually are not in the relationship, then this is a good place to start. This month you need to accept the fact that you havent got everything you want, and build from there. Things may not be the best but it could be worse, so look around at some of the good things you do have.

Steve

Last edited:
S

springflower

Thank you all for taking the time to answer me.. I really appreciate that.

Hi Springflower, (I thought I already posted here, but somehow my post got derailed...)
I add to Mirian's reply, which I agree with, that by accepting a subordinate position (for now), your strength will be renewed so that you may move forward (hex 34). Hex 34 is energetic and effective. So that will be your result. By subordinate position, the position may be literal (subordinate in a relationship) or within your heart (relative to what you really want).

I agree loverofknowledge! I was looking for 34. It seems to mean "dignity" or "maturity".
Lines describe a goat that if it is stubborn and forces things it will end up in impasse but if it conceals its power and be patient it can remove all obstacles. Also, If a concubine forces things to marry the husband she will remain a concubine.
It's absolutely clear. "Unseen power can move heavy loads"

Last edited:
S

springflower

Question..
54.3 could mean another woman for him?

Reaction score
Question..
54.3 could mean another woman for him?

Springflower, you asked, "what will happen in my life this month" -- so no, the Yi would not be answering about your ex-fiance having another woman. It is answering about your own state of mind, and life situation, offering you advice based on how you are feeling and your struggles.

S

springflower

Springflower, you asked, "what will happen in my life this month" -- so no, the Yi would not be answering about your ex-fiance having another woman. It is answering about your own state of mind, and life situation, offering you advice based on how you are feeling and your struggles.

I agree with you loverofknowledge but I am so confused.
I asked today if we will be together again (for one more time) and I got the same answer! 54.3>34
I don't know why IC repeats the same answers to me! It's like a shock for me! Something wants to tell me! Does this answer mean that we will manage to be together again 54.3 but not as I would like? and 34 I need to control myself in order to succeed? or that after my present position as a concubine I will manage to advance with him 34?

And one more.. I asked what kind of feelings does he have for me:
14.5>1
It seems the best answer I could ever have.

Reaction score
Springflower,
I can feel how distressed you are, but don't torture yourself.
The future depends on the actions that we, as human beings, take. The future is not set in stone. The Yi shows you possibilities, given how you are feeling and the different factors at play. It is up to you to act upon those possibilities.
So, when you ask whether you'll be together again, the Yi is saying: at this time, the situation is that you are in a subordinate position (or feeling so). Your desire to move forwards (34) is blocked.
NOW , it's your choice how to act.
WHAT are the possibilities for acting?
or for helping yourself emotionally?
Your mind and heart may not come to rest until you come to terms with this relationship, yourself, or by talking with your ex-fiance.
The Yi can't live your life for you. It's up to you to live and find the answers. And if you ask too many times, it can get confusing to apply the answers.
You'll get through this and become stronger, wiser, and more loving as a result. You'll find happy love over time.

S

springflower

I have lost myself entirely indeed. I don't recognize me. I have never been on this position before and it's the worst phase in my life. I guess everything that happens has a reason.

Anyway, I don't think that 34 means block, hex 39 means block or 12. 54.3 is indeed my present condition and this is really blocked. I don't intend to undertake any action, for me it's over. I will just follow the flow even if I have to bear all this disappointment. I have won anyway. I know that he has nothing to blame me for. 14.5>1 makes me feel better.

M

mirian

In my view, when you ask if you and your ex will be together again and receives 54. 3 >>34 one more time, it means that it is possible but you would have to accept coming second (either because you wouldn't be the only one or because you wouldn't be top priority). So this situation seems all about how much you are prepared to give up and compromise. It's a matter of personal choice, really, but the question you have to ask yourself is if this is worth it and how much this will impact on your self-esteem.

S

springflower

If this is going to happen and 54.3 is a future state I will not compromise as a concubine, it will hurt me more. I already feel worse when I imagine it.
I have withdrawn entirely. I won't take any step.. I'm so exhausted. My only hope is to realize that I deserve much more.

M

mirian

I'm really sorry but whatever way I look into this reading I cannot see the prospect of a relationship that is fair for both people involved.

S

springflower

It isn't fair for me anyway. Let's see how it's going to unfold...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am in a position that I don't deserve it.

But isn't the idea that someone has to deserve heartache false ? Look about you, you are not alone in what is happening to you. Countless others are in the same position as you now. They didn't have to 'deserve' it. I'm just saying if you drop the idea that misfortune and heartache have to be 'deserved' you might feel just a tiny bit lightened up. This happens. People break up with other people when they don't want them to. People die when other people don't want them to. People lose children, wives, husbands and it will always feel terrible and no one did anything to deserve any of it.

That's not to say you aren't entitled to feel bad, of course you are. It is a very painful thing to go through indeed. But you cannot think anything has to do with anyone 'deserving' such pain or not.

You cannot curl up in a ball and fade away either because you still have your life to live

I have lost myself entirely indeed. I don't recognize me. I have never been on this position before and it's the worst phase in my life.

You may not have been in this position before but millions have before you. Books and poems and songs are full of it. So just focus on getting through each day the best you can and have some faith you will come through because you surely will regardless of what happens with this relationship.

Reaction score
Yes, Trojina's words are very wise. So true.
And these wounds and vulnerability can become a doorway to loving more deeply, with the right partner, since you know what betrayal of expectations feels like, and how much trustworthy love matters. You will be willing to build it.
Instead of asking for predictions, experiment with asking the Yi questions that are totally in your control and designed to enhance your freedom of choice.

V

Vissino

If I ching repeats the same answers it wants something to point out. 54,3/34 for 2 answers: What is going to happen in your life this month and if you have reconciliation with your ex. Indeed 54.3 is not the best for a woman. It doesn't seem a "normal" relationship but it seems to represents your present situation. The line refers to " using hair-growing" means patience. You have to be patient in order your hair to grow meaning advancement. "All things come to the one who can wait. Who craves for something will take the first-best for granted, who stays in his own dignity will get the one with dignity."
I feel that you choose the right path. Patience and dignity. I am not sure if 54.3 represents present. Maybe the line suggests an attempt for reunion which is unstable or premature.
I see hexagram 34 as a great potential for you. I am looking the images of both hexagrams 54 and 34:
54 - Thunder over the lake
34 - Thunder in heaven above

Thunder over the lake is no as powerful as Thunder in heaven. 34 makes me feel that you will manage to have the position you would like eventually.
Just follow the advice of 54.3 "All things come to the one who can wait. Who craves for something will take the first-best for granted, who stays in his own dignity will get the one with dignity." Don't force anything if you don't want to be a concubine. Be patient and let him to choose.

36,4,6/ 30 (55,6)
No hope, black hole, depression/ double light, double sun.
This is a really auspicious answer for me.

In my opinion, even if you feel so bad at the moment, there is a hope and believe me I don't like to give hopes if there aren't.

V

Vissino

Moreover, the answer 14,5/1 is absolutely auspicious.

Line 14,5 is the only yi line of the hexagram 14 and hexagram 1 shows the return of yang.
If the yang returns to the yi then hexagram 14 seems to be similar to hexagram 1 such as a couple who work out together who are one... How could be doubt on this?

I can feel you. I know how you suffer but don't lose your smile.

S

springflower

Thank you, thank you all for answering. You make me feel better.
Thank you Trojina for being realist. I appreciate your sincerity. Thank you loverofknowledge, Mirian and Steve for your support.
Thank you Vissino for giving me hopes. The truth is what the reality is. I asked some new questions so as to be sure if I should have hopes or not, seems that the situation is hopeless.

what is the prospect for our relationship?
7.3>46
The war is over,the army carries corpses and Pushing Upward. No hope at all.
I had a dream last night. I was walking and I saw 5 corpses, I was so scared and I just left 46 pushing upward. My dream is so similar with the answer I got.

Should I hope to be together?
3.1 - 3.6 > 20
I don't know. No idea about the answer.

Should I accept the end?
10.3>1
I can't handle it. Every movement gives me pain and misfortune. I sacrifice myself for him. New start.
I would like to believe that he is the one that he will sacrifice himself for our relationship but taking into consideration the answer 7.3>46 no..

Is it our end definitive?
33.4 33.6 > 39
Somebody is retreating but he stops because there is obstraction.
I don't know if this is good or bad. It seems to me that someone wants to leave from the relationship but He can't, he stops and turns back.

I am emotionally involved and I can't see clearly so please express your opinion.

Last edited:
M

mirian

I will only comment on two readings that you're not sure.

Should I hope to be together?
3.1.6 > 20
Stop where you are (line 1). Difficulties are insurmountable and by trying to overcome them you will find yourself in pain and despair (line 6)

Is it our end definitive?
33.4.6 >> 39
Hex 33 is a lot about not fighting a battle that you cannot win, about not trying something beyond your means. Both lines indicate the need to withdraw, to avoid defeat and disappointment. This can't be any clearer for the foreseeable.

V

Vissino

I would say that you need time for yourself. You feel terrible 7.3/46 & 3,1,6/20. Calm down.. if it's meant to be....

S

springflower

If I ching repeats the same answers it wants something to point out. 54,3/34 for 2 answers: What is going to happen in your life this month and if you have reconciliation with your ex. Indeed 54.3 is not the best for a woman. It doesn't seem a "normal" relationship but it seems to represents your present situation. The line refers to " using hair-growing" means patience. You have to be patient in order your hair to grow meaning advancement. "All things come to the one who can wait. Who craves for something will take the first-best for granted, who stays in his own dignity will get the one with dignity."
I feel that you choose the right path. Patience and dignity. I am not sure if 54.3 represents present. Maybe the line suggests an attempt for reunion which is unstable or premature.
I see hexagram 34 as a great potential for you. I am looking the images of both hexagrams 54 and 34:
54 - Thunder over the lake
34 - Thunder in heaven above

Thunder over the lake is no as powerful as Thunder in heaven. 34 makes me feel that you will manage to have the position you would like eventually.
Just follow the advice of 54.3 "All things come to the one who can wait. Who craves for something will take the first-best for granted, who stays in his own dignity will get the one with dignity." Don't force anything if you don't want to be a concubine. Be patient and let him to choose.

36,4,6/ 30 (55,6)
No hope, black hole, depression/ double light, double sun.
This is a really auspicious answer for me.

In my opinion, even if you feel so bad at the moment, there is a hope and believe me I don't like to give hopes if there aren't.

You are right Vissino. It was just an attempt for reunion which is unstable or premature as he contacted me and nothing more. So I will remain true to myself with dignity.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).