...life can be translucent

Menu

Is "Whatever will be, will be" God's plan or just our life by default?

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
Something I've been wondering about lately and wondered if anyone else had any comments and/or thoughts on the matter ....

For any desire that someone may have - whether it's someone special in our life or a particular vocation, etc. and someone says to us (or quite often we say to ourselves) - "don't worry about it; if it's meant to be, it will be" or "whatever will be, will be"

Does this mean that if something is meant to be then that's part of God's plan for our life (ie: that it's our destiny) and it doesn't matter what we do or don't do (energy wise) because we'll end up with it in our life or experiencing it anyway?

If it's true that we create our life through our thoughts and our subconscious mind; where does God's plan for us fit into our life? Or is God's plan for our life already in our subconscious (by the thoughts and desires we already have for ourselves) and that we try to create in our everyday life?

And, if our thoughts do in fact create our life, then what, if after so long of desiring something and putting lots of good energy towards it and it doesn't become manifest then what does that mean? That we create our life by our thoughts ONLY up to a certain point?

I hope the above makes sense (to someone) :)

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
What I meant by "creating by default" was something I recently read that said we create our life experience either consciously, subconsciously or by default (ie: doing nothing and see what happnens) and just wondered what other people thought on the matter ...

B

bruce

You ask interesting questions.
happy.gif

I believe there are two paths: one which is heaven?s destiny for my life, and the alternative, that I can create for myself. When my choice and path accords with destiny, there are signs and wonders which appear in my life. Not that it?s easy and always comfortable, but those people and things which come into my life are meant to be there for heaven?s purposes. When I, through my will, venture off destiny?s path, what becomes of me is up to mere chance. But of course I have no way to prove this is true. I do, however, perceive this is in accord with what Yi teaches.

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce :)

I enjoyed reading your thoughts .... I read once that the dreams and desires we have for ourselves are God's plan for us but have wondered over the recent years if some of those dreams and desires might be coming from our ego ... (I'm sure some of the more "instantly gratifying" ones are :)) but when I think about marriage and children (for myself) I can't help but think that there truly couldn't possible be a more divine plan for my life ... and yet I wait

B

bruce

My pleasure, Ann.

I think The Path (heaven's) isn't a very tangible path. I think it is the stuff of dreams and imagination. It isn't limited by laws of physics, but of laws of spirit. Not in straight lines, but in curves that we can't see around until we get there. As in a dream.

This is what often happens: We consciously create a tangible goal. Our vision moves in a straight and direct line to it. No matter what else the universe presents, our eyes are fixed on the goal. As a result, our dreams are never visualized. Our more subtle life gets steamrolled under, and so our dreams aren't real-ized. And since heaven's path is made of such as these (I believe
happy.gif
), we may well achieve our goals, but lose something infinitely more important.

That said, our goals are manifestations of heaven's path, so they shouldn't be discarded or their importance minimal-ized. It's a matter of assigning a fair portion to our goals, and a fair portion to heaven's way. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar?s, and unto God that which is God's. Ideally, they become not two paths, but one.

One other thing I think is important. Too often, in order to reconcile our spirit we wind up warring with our tangible side, our goals, desires, even lusts. That is what most modern religion is about. We feel drawn to do heaven?s will, and so assume that earthly pleasure is the enemy: the devil. So now we?re at war with ourselves, and this of course extends outward to be at war with others.

Heaven and earth are supposed to be like two eyes, working together.

M

micheline

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

When my choice and path accords with destiny, there are signs and wonders which appear in my life<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I also feel this is true, Bruce. It is what Deepak Chopra calls "synchrodestiny" ...Ralph Waldo Emerson said it like this: "There is guidance for each of us, and by lowly listening, we hear the right word...then, without effort we are compelled to perfect contentment"

It reminds me of hexagram 62.....Keep your ear to the ground, be attentive like a native american indian, beware of the grandiose designs of the ego...good things come in small packages...

I don't believe that this means one's destiny canNOT be magnificent, only that it is usually whispered to us....... it doesnt clunk us over the head or dazzle us with fireworks.

Carolyn Myss says: "Spirit never takes a room at the Ritz" The most fruitful things are more likely discovered in a "humble manger" (of consciousness), which the busy world often eschews.

J

jesed

Hi

Just in case the comment can be useful

According whit traditional teachings:

There are 4 Powers that act in each situation: Tao, Heaven, Earth and Human (other people say 3 Lucks: Heaven Luck, Earth luck and Human luck... see http://www.adestiny.com/about_bazi/five_factor/detailed_analysis)

What West calls "Destiny" is like the Heaven Luck.

But in Chinese culture, both Heaven Power("destiny") and Human Power (our elections, and acts) are important in the final outgoing (therefore Yi Jing said that the people have the power of model their own destiny). So, there is not a "written future", barely tendencies.

Perhaps a symbol can help:

Destiny (Heaven luck) is like your car. If you have a town car, you will not be able to conduct fast; if you have a Porshe, you shouldn't go to mountain paths.

Personal Freedom (Human luck) is like you having the direction of its car. You always choose the road, no matter what kind of car you have.

If you know what kind of car you have, you can choose the best road to arrive at where you want to go. ... And you will know what roads to avoid
happy.gif

Best wishes

J

jesed

mmm, a better symbol:

If you have an apple seed, you know it should be an apple tree (That`s Heaven Luck) But knowing that can't assure that this seed actually will be an apple tree.

Because maybe next month there wouldn't rain and the seed will die (earth luck) o maybe next month a child would break the young stem (human luck)

Of course, human can't make an apple seed grows to be a lemon tree...

So, human choices have limits (form heaven and earth lucks). But "Destiny" is only fullfil when we act properly.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).