...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I go for a higher position?

I

ikra

Hi Hilary & the rest of i ching friends!

I don't use this site to often, because of my english (I am a Slovene). It takes too long to write correct english and I never know if it's coorrect or not. Well, let's go to the problem.
Two days ago I had a job interview for a manager position and I did quite well. But the position is not quite my area of specialization, because I work as a Project manager for SW projects. At the same time the company is looking for a general manager for the development and marketing departmentand that is exactly my field. But I'm scared, that this is a number or two to big for me. So I asked two questions.
1. What are the chances that I get the position of GM at this company? The answer was hex 27 with ML 2,4,5 and the rel.hex was 10
2. Is it good for me to compete for this position?
hex 5, ML 2,3,6 and related hex 42

Hm... could anyone help me with this?
Thank you and have a nice day
Irena

D

dharma

Hi Ikra!
Welcome to Clarity and so sorry to see that no one has responded to your question yet.
sad.gif

Your english is great, by the way.
happy.gif

This week coming up I will take a shot at your hexagrams and see if I may be able to help you out. If things have changed significantly since you posted this last week do let me know before I go to the trouble. Especially if you are presently working with newer hexagrams in regards to the same situation.

(psst! if there's anyone else out there who might be able to offer some support here before I can, feel free to jump in anytime
wink.gif
)

Dharma

I

ikra

Hi Dharma!

Thank you, this questions are still bothering me. I appreciate your help a lot. I'm writing a request(?) for the job right now. Well, I can still say no. As I was writing my resime i noticed how much I worked this past few years. I wonder where I found the time for all this. Haha, probably that's why my private life is not much to talk about.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon
Irena

D

dharma

Hi Irena,
glad that you're still hanging in there patiently.
happy.gif
This is how I understand your situation, I hope it's accurate because my interpretation is based on this understanding.

You've interviewed for a position that is not quite what you've been doing up until now but regardless of that the interview went well as far as your concerned. The company is ALSO looking for someone to take on the position of General Manager for which you feel confident about because this is an area familiar to you. You are considering interviewing for THAT position as well and you worry that by taking on BOTH positions it might be TOO much for you to handle.

1st Question:
"What are the chances that I get the position of GM at this company?"
Answer: hx27 [2,4,5] > hx10

2nd Question:
"Is it good for me to compete for this position?"
Answer: hx5 [2,3,6] > hx42

I'm guessing that your chances of getting either position are very good. However, the 'problem' may lie in taking on more than you can handle because it seems to me that the I Ching may be addressing the CONDITIONS that you will likely encounter and that you are not fully taking into account of by vying for both jobs.

And so..

you may need to be a little more realistic about how much you'd be 'biting off' and how much you'd be expected to 'chew on' in terms of performing well on either job. Perhaps you should consider sticking to what is within your capabilities and not be so ambitious for so much at one time. You may be forcing yourself into circumstances that you are not ready to take on yet all at the same time. The mistake in this is that you could lose the ground that you've already gained so far. Perhaps it's better to use this time to build up your strength and your energy and wait for a better time to take on more than you are used to, at another time.

Maybe with the free time you'd have you could create more of that 'private life' that's worth talking about!
wink.gif
Irena, I hope this helps you figure out your situation. Choose well!

with love,
Dharma
happy.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).