Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
T
tashij
Guest
I have to say that almost all of my I Ching throws in the past 8 years have been about how to comprehend what /how /why/who what to comprehend my Teacher. When I met her I had no idea. I was in India on a pilgrimmage, and saw this extraordinarily beautiful woman in a deserted resaurant after visiting the bodhi tree for the first time. I thought she was 35, but in reality she was about 77 at the time. I was not looking for a teacer, I was merely asking the Buddha for my teachING. But with her there is no seperation. I put a fingerhold on something that shot off like a rocket, fueled by my own intense longing to be finished with samsara in this lifetime.
My Teacher is an extraordinary woman. I read about other buddhists, and they never have been taught by an enlightened woman, never experienced enlightenment in a female. It's all I've ever known.
Yesterday my mom came home for the hospital and all my father could think about was eating his food, as my mother struggled merely to walk from one room to another, and needed guarding at every step. I was astounded at the selfishness of human beings. Here was my mother, who gave her whole life to taking care of him, and here he was reverted to the mind of a 5 year old as she struggled from room to room. Sickness and death are overwhelming, even to the aging who are facing it every day, and i know my father is overwhelmed by my mother's fragility, but still. Cant we think about something other than our stomachs here???
Being taught by a woman is an extraordinary thing.s My teacher can teach something in one subtle look or glance that sticks in your brain forever. You cannot understand what that look meant, but you know eons of wisdom is packed behind it, and it means something. Later, when you hear people discusssing this theory or that theory about enlightenment, you just know what chaff to throw out, and you know that you learned it all in that one glance she gave you. That look with the growl in her eye. Or that intense look of "what a shame'.
I have not done well at all with the practice. In fact, I screwed it up from the get go. She's a tough teacher. If you study with her, she will not tolerate you to study with anyone else. It's just her style.
But i screwed up the practice big time, and i mean big time. Yes, you can screw up a practice. Yes, you will still learn, and it doesnt mean you are not devoted, you may be VERY devoted because you stick with it no matter what, but you screw it up and dont have an easy time. The decsion to stay or go becomes a central concern. It has been my central concern for years.
After I met the young lama, 5 years after meeting her, and felt for the first time in my life a center heart drop connection, she whispered, "stay with me while i am here". The young lama does not have her power. She is the one I used to dream of, descending from the sky, with her feet on my head. But i relate to her like oil and water.
But what is here, at this point, is a struggle. And yet I know with her I am learning kernels of truth that will never leave me no matter what. And all these people who never have experienced enlightenment in a woman. I feel so sad for them, not ot know that.sd We all know it from a man, but from a woman, it is so powerful. If I leave my teacher, (if that is even possible) I am in a world of men. Male teachers. Nothing wrong with that, but what a loss, to lose the woman. I know it's duality, male, female, but you know what i mean.
A year before meeting the young lama, I went on a retreat and asked what would happen if i left my teacher. That night I had a dream of a very unfortunate lifetime. This dream was the only thing that kept me from going with him.
But I am tired of fighting. I wish I had a practice that I didnt fight against. What am I fighting against? Myself. Of course. At the base, I both hate and love myself. I want to be free of the delusion of I. It wont make my life any different, but it will. Then i will be able to do what my teacher does. Be free in a female body. Help sentient beings. The female body is loved and hated. What a freedom to be free from the prejudice of the body.
I was struggling with my ignorance using the I Ching. I told the I ching : "I dont understand you. How to work with you. You become me, I become you, yet I dont ever understand what you are saying to me"
The I ching said 15 change 1 to 36.
(guess i dont know how to use the i ching.)
I asked the I Ching "how can i break free from "I me mine????"
the I Ching said 49 to 30. (Just do it.)
I asked the I Ching "Im sorry for bothering you, but this is of the utmost improtance to me. What is the thing to do, to leave my teacher , or to stay, if i wish to realize in this lifetime, this citta" I only know this lifetime. This is the lifetime that matters. After this lifetime, I may as well be dead forever, as far as i am concerned, even though i have had dreams of past lifetimes.
The I Ching says 38 to 54.
I have gotten 54 A LOT with my teaxher. I think I am beginning to understand it. I have been reading the stories of many people who undergo transforming expereince, and it is frighteneing. They have to let go. They are not so much in control. 54 is about that. Many times they do not what has happened to them after they have let go. They are left with having had this astounding experience, and now try and figure it out, for years, for their whole lifetime they try. But 54 is about not having the control. I am starting to understand this is what happens, when one starts to awaken.
Any thougths or comments are appreciated. I have no enemies here on this board, I respect the voices who write here. You have been my community while i live a very isolated life. I take care of my aging parents, and live alone. This is my karma, my family is my karma. I really wish to realize in this lifetime.
My Teacher is an extraordinary woman. I read about other buddhists, and they never have been taught by an enlightened woman, never experienced enlightenment in a female. It's all I've ever known.
Yesterday my mom came home for the hospital and all my father could think about was eating his food, as my mother struggled merely to walk from one room to another, and needed guarding at every step. I was astounded at the selfishness of human beings. Here was my mother, who gave her whole life to taking care of him, and here he was reverted to the mind of a 5 year old as she struggled from room to room. Sickness and death are overwhelming, even to the aging who are facing it every day, and i know my father is overwhelmed by my mother's fragility, but still. Cant we think about something other than our stomachs here???
Being taught by a woman is an extraordinary thing.s My teacher can teach something in one subtle look or glance that sticks in your brain forever. You cannot understand what that look meant, but you know eons of wisdom is packed behind it, and it means something. Later, when you hear people discusssing this theory or that theory about enlightenment, you just know what chaff to throw out, and you know that you learned it all in that one glance she gave you. That look with the growl in her eye. Or that intense look of "what a shame'.
I have not done well at all with the practice. In fact, I screwed it up from the get go. She's a tough teacher. If you study with her, she will not tolerate you to study with anyone else. It's just her style.
But i screwed up the practice big time, and i mean big time. Yes, you can screw up a practice. Yes, you will still learn, and it doesnt mean you are not devoted, you may be VERY devoted because you stick with it no matter what, but you screw it up and dont have an easy time. The decsion to stay or go becomes a central concern. It has been my central concern for years.
After I met the young lama, 5 years after meeting her, and felt for the first time in my life a center heart drop connection, she whispered, "stay with me while i am here". The young lama does not have her power. She is the one I used to dream of, descending from the sky, with her feet on my head. But i relate to her like oil and water.
But what is here, at this point, is a struggle. And yet I know with her I am learning kernels of truth that will never leave me no matter what. And all these people who never have experienced enlightenment in a woman. I feel so sad for them, not ot know that.sd We all know it from a man, but from a woman, it is so powerful. If I leave my teacher, (if that is even possible) I am in a world of men. Male teachers. Nothing wrong with that, but what a loss, to lose the woman. I know it's duality, male, female, but you know what i mean.
A year before meeting the young lama, I went on a retreat and asked what would happen if i left my teacher. That night I had a dream of a very unfortunate lifetime. This dream was the only thing that kept me from going with him.
But I am tired of fighting. I wish I had a practice that I didnt fight against. What am I fighting against? Myself. Of course. At the base, I both hate and love myself. I want to be free of the delusion of I. It wont make my life any different, but it will. Then i will be able to do what my teacher does. Be free in a female body. Help sentient beings. The female body is loved and hated. What a freedom to be free from the prejudice of the body.
I was struggling with my ignorance using the I Ching. I told the I ching : "I dont understand you. How to work with you. You become me, I become you, yet I dont ever understand what you are saying to me"
The I ching said 15 change 1 to 36.
(guess i dont know how to use the i ching.)
I asked the I Ching "how can i break free from "I me mine????"
the I Ching said 49 to 30. (Just do it.)
I asked the I Ching "Im sorry for bothering you, but this is of the utmost improtance to me. What is the thing to do, to leave my teacher , or to stay, if i wish to realize in this lifetime, this citta" I only know this lifetime. This is the lifetime that matters. After this lifetime, I may as well be dead forever, as far as i am concerned, even though i have had dreams of past lifetimes.
The I Ching says 38 to 54.
I have gotten 54 A LOT with my teaxher. I think I am beginning to understand it. I have been reading the stories of many people who undergo transforming expereince, and it is frighteneing. They have to let go. They are not so much in control. 54 is about that. Many times they do not what has happened to them after they have let go. They are left with having had this astounding experience, and now try and figure it out, for years, for their whole lifetime they try. But 54 is about not having the control. I am starting to understand this is what happens, when one starts to awaken.
Any thougths or comments are appreciated. I have no enemies here on this board, I respect the voices who write here. You have been my community while i live a very isolated life. I take care of my aging parents, and live alone. This is my karma, my family is my karma. I really wish to realize in this lifetime.