...life can be translucent

Menu

LiSe's 59

C

candid

My thanks to LiSe's helpful site and its explanation of 59. I've been receiving it regularly lately and have sought to grasp what I may be missing from the Wilhelm translation. It does illustrate a sense of flood, or being washed away with, something I'm identifying with. Also, it has connotations of 51, shock and a certain fear of loss of control, bringing one back to ones most essential instinct, to survive by clinging onto the passing branches, thinking of eminent eternity.

?For solving things, to seek a solution is usually not the best option. Dissolution works better.?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Candid,

(*peeking out of the techno-pit*)

Always glad to see LiSe getting some credit for her terrific site. (I've downloaded the whole thing to my computer.
happy.gif
)

I tend to think of 59 in terms of 'raising the level of vibration'. Sorry, that sounds unspeakably new-agey. I just mean it literally: solid ice becomes water (and sweeps away your solid life); water evaporates; clouds disperse.

All the breaking up of solid things restores flow. I think the king entering his temple is part of the same phenomenon - re-opening channels of communication with spirit.

What does anyone (Supa?) think is the connection between this one and its complement, 55? (Allowing it to happen and flow through and/versus coming out of the dark and making it happen?)

Wishing you a light boat and sure hand on the paddle, Candid
happy.gif

supanatural

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings To All...

Hello Hilary....I personally view the 59th hexagram as dispersion of selfishness, in order to restore balance in relationships. The 55th Hexagram is *Abundance*. The way they compliment one another is when one has abundance, he or she should disperse selfishness. Selfishness is dispersed by sharing your abundance. I hope this answers your question Hilary.

Hilary on another note....I just received a book in the mail on friday, By J.H Brennan, called The Magical I Ching. Mr. Brennan was the author of a book I mentioned here some time ago, a book called Astral doorways. Those of the visiting I Chingites here, that may be interested in the occult side of reality, may be interested in this book.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Candid,

In the I Ching/Tarot correspondences that Karen Witter suggests, hx 59 corresponds to VI L'amoureux (The Lovers).

This is the card of choice. A huge emotional choice between the past and the future.

In one way, it represents a man transferring his feelings from his mother onto his beloved.

Are you working out feelings with your mother at the moment?

Perhaps the symbolism of Tarot trump VI might be useful for you at the moment?

Just a thought.

Best wishes,

Mick

willow

visitor
Reaction score
In LiSe's 55/59, there is a doorway in each (to the riches within, and the cosmos without). In 55, she comments that "Every lie or human form shuts [the door], but if one comes close to oneself, one?s own truth, one can go down there." Maybe the secret of passing through this door (both going in, and coming back out) is to become like water, to 'raise the vibration' and flow through.

Interesting, that connection with the Lovers, especially in light of Annietyme's getting #59 in response to her question about a love-motivated move.

C

candid

Greetings to everyone.

I'm still drawn to simplicity, so focus on the two hexagrams and only change lines in the first. Not saying this is the only or best way, just the way I've chosen.

59 has always meant to me, a dissolving of divisive egotism. A melting away of rigidity through gentle penetration to the heart of the matter. It also points to deity and the recognition of same. This was also how I applied it to my readings.

However, this time I felt there was something I'm missing, so I went to see LiSe's take on it. The image was fresh and it has stirred fresh thinking about the hexagram as it relates to my situation/question.

When ice melts, it has to go somewhere. If there were no former boundaries for it, it floods. If the ice has accumulated in massive quantity, a deluge follows. When one is swept away in such an effect, one loses ones self. But to lose ones self is exactly what's needed to penetrate to the real meaning of the time, and does accomplish the objective of dispersing hardness of heart. That's the portion I've likened to 51. When we learn what fear and trembling really means, (loss of control) we give up our own making, giving ourselves back over to the Maker. In light of this, ego is disolved.

~Candid

midaughter

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all, my favorite way to experience Hexagram 59 is to sit on the beach in a little zen shelter that keeps out the north wind and watch the wind make the short, chopping waves over Tampa Bay. Wind over water, The image of dispersion. above all to me in terms of our personal lives Hexagram 59 signifies forgiveness:
Some tips for the hip:
forgiveness is not an all or nothing event. Once the decision to forgive is made is begins to work itself in your subconscious. Eventually forgiveness grows and grows; the anger and hurt disperse.
Forgiveness does not condone the act that was done to the person; it is a decision to heal and move on.
Last, forgiveness does mean that one must continue contact with the individual in all cases. that is a personal decision and needs time. above alll, forgive yourself. Hapy Meditating Taoist-style

lenardthefast

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

This thread has definitely given me some new things to consider as I have never associated 59 with dispersion. My gut feeling concerning it has always been one of reconsolidation versus dissolution. Also, I have always viewed it in the light of familial/relationship/creative energy terms.

I have intuited communication to be associated with this hex. Especially communication of creative energy as concerns the artist and her/his society. As R.L. Wing puts it, "The responsibility of the artist is to reunite society with their reality" Their is also mention of releasing egotism/eliteism by experiencing/immersing oneself with the collective flow.

I guess its 'back to the books' time for moi. How could I be 180 degrees off orientation? I guess the old radio show answer will have to do for now, "What secrets lurk in the minds and hearts of men? Only The Shadow knows!" ;-))

Namaste,
Leonard

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).