...life can be translucent

Menu

Mirror answers - what does this mean?

marshy

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been going through your insights for quite a while, looking to shed light on my recent readings. Thus far, this website has always helped me find some missing pieces of the puzzle and understand the issues at hand and I Ching's answers to my questions better.

So, when today I got the puzzling 42.4>25 and 25.4>42 for questions about the possible outcomes of taking two different (in fact opposite) approaches in a particular situation, I thought some of you could help me comprehend what the I Ching is saying with these "mirror" answers.

Looking forward to getting your opinion.

Cheers,

Marshy

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
This sounds like one of those gestalt pictures in which we can see different things, depending on our focus, a vase or two faces for example. When our consciousness switches from one interpretation to the other what was figure becomes background and the other way around.

I have no idea if this makes sense in your case, but could it be that a similar switch is also involved in your two different (opposite) approaches?
42 to 25 would then represent a focus on 42 as figure, seen against the background of 25, while 25 to 42 would represent a focus on 25, seen against the background of 42.
If this does make sense it would seem that the situation about which you asked has two outstanding features in your mind or that you can look at it from two points of view or approach it in two different ways, characterized by 25 and 42. And you are perhaps trying to combine these two. But this is not so easy because they seem to oppose and exclude eachother, either the one or the other but not both. So you are faced with a kind of paradox.
Thesis - antithesis. Synthesis?

Is this helpful? The first idea that comes to my mind is that these hexagrams could represent a choice between (or a synthesis of) a more intuitive and impulsive approach (25) and a more careful rational one (42). But I don't know what the question was so I guess I'd better leave the interpretation of these hexagrams to you.

marshy

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Martin!

It's amazing! That last paragraph of your comment got to the very bottom of the issue. In fact, the questions I was pondering over were what would be the possible outcome if I jump in a relationship with someone (25.4>42) and what if I test that person’s intentions first (42.4>25). So, just as you suggest, it seems to be all about changing the focus - the impulsive approach (25) in the foreground vs. the rational one (42) in the background and vice versa ... though the picture remains the same - I never questioned the relationship itself.

Well still, I see the I Ching's answer as a reflection of my own thinking process and not as a direct response to my query, which might simply mean that it's all only in my head. Not a real issue. In fact, I was just hypothesising what could be if that one approached me, but to be honest (and I hate to say this) the person never did. Not after we recently split up...

I would love to be wrong with this last assumption of mine, especially after having received 13.5>30 as an indication of what is going to happen between us in the future...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).