...life can be translucent

Menu

Labor Day, 2006

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I asked for an overall diagnosis of my life now, and got 38 lines 3 and 5 changing to hexagram 1. I think it's good?

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/hex_33-48/hex_e_38.htm

Using LiSe's translation, this looks like a perfect fit for your question. From the presence of your question and then this resulting hex, it looks like you may be in a time of self-examination.

At one level, you may be looking at the way you compare to others - your differences, your similarities, and how you evaluate your related observations. Some things you may like, some you may dislike, and there are some to which you may be indifferent. Or the different "spirits" may represesnt the differing attitudes you hold about your life right now.

You may also be getting information about yourself by the way others react to you - such as when you see "opposition eyes" when others look at you.

Line 3 suggests to me that how you deal with (whichever of the above resonates with you, if any do) matters a lot. Perhaps looking at the (internal and/or external) components with an attitude of displeasure or irritation (opposition) may cause frustration. A more lighthearted approach may bring pleasure.

Line 5 suggests to me that it took great courage for you to ask this question, to make this approach toward (inner and/or outer) self-examination, and that you stand to receive a great reward by doing so.

This idea is reinforced in the resulting Hexagram 1, this examination will be life-giving.

Last edited:

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
hi

Hi Rinda,

Thanks for your reading. Forgive me for reflecting for such a long time on your feedback before responding. I see you as an example of the person who is biting through, line 5.

This reading was very important to me, so I have really tried to understand it. This is how I see it now: a humiliating situation, line 3, that is righted by a person biting through. In essense, this hexagram pair may be suggesting that the situation I am in, can only be absolved by the effort of someone with superior knowledge, etc. This is not a usual way of looking at things, as it seems we usually have to pull ourselves out of our messes, but in this case, the Yi may be saying it is time for heavenly intervention. I can't count on that, but it's nice to know the Yi's two cents.

Thank you for caring:bows:
hollis

J

jesed

Hi Hollis

I decided to wait until the time for line 5 arrives to comment, in case it could be of any use.

The time your are facing (since March 17-April 30, 2006) hasn't be easy, but would allow you to solve some karmatic issues you are holing on your back about the way you interacts with others, with yourself and with the spiritual realm (I don't know what you beleive about spiritual realm, but is present in the answer)

The most dificult time was in line 3, and it is in the past. Something severe had happened to you between July 1st and August 24, 006. You needed to split apart for loved people/issues, who doesn't was right for your development (8.3 as cause of 38.3). Even if this was a painful experience, like getting your nose cutted off, allowed you to direct yourself into a good end (38.3). But you need great-ness in your heart to accept making that sacrifice (14.3 as effect of 38.3)

Now, active line 5 will rule from October 16 to December 7th, 2006. During this time, focus yourself and do meditation about the sense of line 5. The greatness within yourself need a conscious effort (15.5 as cause of 38.6) to develop (38.5) with resolutness (10.5 as effect of 38.5). Time to find the propper people, ideas, proyects, spiritualities in accordaqnce with your Own nature to make an alliance and finish this isolation.

Hexagram 1 as tendential is good news for you, creativity but also wisdom is a goal to achieve.

Best wishes

Last edited:

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
jesed said:
Hi Hollis

I decided to wait until the time for line 5 arrives to comment, in case it could be of any use.

Thank you , it is very much of use, unexpected, and amazing! Just in the day you posted, two possibilites unfolded that point to line 5. Then I open up the Clarity, and read this! Incredible.

jesed said:
The time your are facing (since March 17-April 30, 2006) hasn't be easy, but would allow you to solve some karmatic issues you are holing on your back about the way you interacts with others, with yourself and with the spiritual realm (I don't know what you beleive about spiritual realm, but is present in the answer)

Yes. Since this early spring, and summer, I started to see my own nature, and how it was in conflict with the important people in my life. Began to wonder that one's own nature is different from the ego, and that there is nothing to do but accept one's own nature. I dont really know enough to talk more about it.

jesed said:
The most dificult time was in line 3, and it is in the past. Something severe had happened to you between July 1st and August 24, 006. You needed to split apart for loved people/issues, who doesn't was right for your development (8.3 as cause of 39.3). Even if this was a painful experience, ike getting your nose cutted off, allowed you to direct yourself into a good end (39.3). But you need great-ness in your heart to accept making that sacrifice (14.3 as effect of 39.3)

Yes, it happened. I didn't consider the greatness of heart, at the time,but it makes alarming sense considering two recent readings. Yes, I did make a separation. It took all of the thought power possible to make it. It tooks months of contemplation. After the separation, I felt a bit wobbly, and made a few blunders. Because the blunders affected a friend, it concerned me. I asked how best to adapt to the transition: 42 line 5. And thinking more about ones own nature, and it's itractablity, and how conected it seemed, to me, of desires of the heart, I asked how to transform the heart: 20.6

both of those lines address develop greatness in the heart, either in the answer or the question!:) .

jesed said:
Now, active line 5 will rule from October 16 to December 7th, 2006. During this time, focus yourself and do meditation about the sense of line 5.

okay.

jesed said:
The greatness within yourself need a conscious effort (15.5 as cause of 39.6) to develop (38.5) with resolutness (10.5 as effect of 39.5). Time to find the propper people, ideas, proyects, spiritualities in accordaqnce with your Own nature to make an alliance and finish this isolation.

well, good.

(although i dont understand how 39.6 is a result of the 15.5?)

it is useful to see you work through a reading, the calendar dates really do make a difference.

Thank you very much Jesed. :)

J

jesed

Hi Hollis

Thanks for your feed-back. Empirical facts are the best way to improve our interpretations tools and practices.

BTW.. you are right.. there is a typo in my last comment.
15.5 is the past cause of 38.5, not 39.5; and 10.5 is the effect of 38.5, not 39.5

38.5 Many people thinks the partner is the one who needs to bit the obstacles to union. But in traditional teachings, is ONESELF who needs to change and bit the obstacles. Misundertandigns (due to ego-conflicts) make us see our partner as a pig. We are the one who need to change our perspective, and bit the obstacle.

15.5 Modesty is not weakness... If you have modesty, you can make energic resolutions if they are needed. No problem, because your are not leaded by ego, but by what is correct to reality. (Modesty, not as "moral value", but as "sense of reality"). That sense of reality is the CAUSE that allow you to see your own misundertandings, and start to see your real partners.

Best wishes

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
38.5 wilhelm

I always learn from your posts Jesed. Thanks for informing.

jesed said:
38.5 Many people thinks the partner is the one who needs to bit the obstacles to union. But in traditional teachings, is ONESELF who needs to change and bit the obstacles. Misundertandigns (due to ego-conflicts) make us see our partner as a pig. We are the one who need to change our perspective, and bit the obstacle.

"The companion is the nine in the second place. The present line stands in the upper primary trigram, Li, the nine in the second place stands in the lower nuclear trigram Li; thus they are of like kind. Change of the nine in the second place produces the hexagram of BITING THROUGH, whose second line similarly bites through the skin. This describes a leader who finds a capable assistant to help in clearing up misunderstandings. The person in the superior position must go out to meet the companion. The rule demands this. A man of ability will not take the initiative and offer himeself."

That text in the back of the book in the Wilhelm is very interesting, it seems to be related to what you are saying about 15:

jesed said:
15.5 Modesty is not weakness... If you have modesty, you can make energic resolutions if they are needed. No problem, because your are not leaded by ego, but by what is correct to reality. (Modesty, not as "moral value", but as "sense of reality"). That sense of reality is the CAUSE that allow you to see your own misundertandings, and start to see your real partners.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).