Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
- Joined
- Sep 15, 1970
- Messages
- 3,130
- Reaction score
- 299
Yesterday I found something interesting in an old journal. More than 10 years old. They had done a research how people healed after an operation. Some people believed, that the doctor would make them well, some that their own inherent power to heal would do that, and still others thought it was a matter of chance. God was nowhere, but I think they put that under ‘chance’: everything you cannot name or explain. And I also think, that the scientist left God out on purpose, afraid that his research would be used by religion or so to prove their point.
The group who attributed it to doctor or self, did a lot less in survival rates than the group who thought it was chance/coincidence.
It made me think of throwing coins, ‘believing’ coincidence, and giving a value to ‘random’. I myself ‘know’ it works, but I never try to really figure out what happens. You’d think that would be very interesting, but I just have a vague idea, and leave it at that. Always nice to be confirmed by reality.
So if I try to find out who answers, it would be like giving a name to the healer. If the healer sits in that book, or if it is a spirit or so, it becomes doctor Yi. If my own subconscious does it, I am the healer. Both don’t give a very big result of actually finding a cure. Accepting it as is and just listening to the answer without giving it any thought, seems to be the best one.
“As is” is called God by some, universe by others. Or chance. Or it gets no name at all. And if God is out there or in here makes no difference at all. As long as you don’t try too much to figure that out. Then again, you’d be making either a doctor or a self.
LiSe
The group who attributed it to doctor or self, did a lot less in survival rates than the group who thought it was chance/coincidence.
It made me think of throwing coins, ‘believing’ coincidence, and giving a value to ‘random’. I myself ‘know’ it works, but I never try to really figure out what happens. You’d think that would be very interesting, but I just have a vague idea, and leave it at that. Always nice to be confirmed by reality.
So if I try to find out who answers, it would be like giving a name to the healer. If the healer sits in that book, or if it is a spirit or so, it becomes doctor Yi. If my own subconscious does it, I am the healer. Both don’t give a very big result of actually finding a cure. Accepting it as is and just listening to the answer without giving it any thought, seems to be the best one.
“As is” is called God by some, universe by others. Or chance. Or it gets no name at all. And if God is out there or in here makes no difference at all. As long as you don’t try too much to figure that out. Then again, you’d be making either a doctor or a self.
LiSe
.