...life can be translucent

Menu

The I Ching: Images of Typology and Development

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
L

lightofreason

sparhawk said:
Curious, is this your source?

L

No. I have the book but it is different in associations etc. My MBTI to IC material is 'original' in it comes out of considering the methodology used in deriving meaning. A cognitive analysis of the IC and Myers-Briggs "Gifts Differing" brought out the blend, bond, bound, bind stuff and that was validated with Keirsey's temperament stuff.

There is another MBTI-IC book I have NOT seen as yet, it came out in the 70s or 80s and also has different associations and I think it was published by Psychology Press.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
lightofreason said:
There is another MBTI-IC book I have NOT seen as yet, it came out in the 70s or 80s and also has different associations and I think it was published by Psychology Press.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye open for the other one. I find this approaches of pairing personality traits with the Yi very interesting.

L

L

lightofreason

BTW - XOR works well with the MBTI giving 64 traits of each persona (as *I* have mapped them - my mapping in that zip file I set you)

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
lightofreason said:
BTW - XOR works well with the MBTI giving 64 traits of each persona (as *I* have mapped them - my mapping in that zip file I set you)

Yes, I have that, thank you. I printed it for reference a while back.

L

L

lightofreason

sparhawk said:
Thanks! I'll keep an eye open for the other one. I find this approaches of pairing personality traits with the Yi very interesting.

L

;-) its the methodology doing it all - both are based on self-referencing dichotomies. Jung used three he considered orthogonal and Myers-Briggs added one more. The fact is the LABELS are different but the nature of the dichotomies identical and so akin to applying yin/yang to itself. My model is better due to my uncovering the common ground beneath the labels.

I have one page up covering the XOR approach - http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/type.html

It has to be fleshed out more but with 'them' getting upset with the other pages it will be a while!

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
lightofreason said:
It has to be fleshed out more but with 'them' getting upset with the other pages it will be a while!

"Them" here or with your SP? If here, well, there's a place for everything. See, I don't find this pairings or personality theories incompatible with my approach to the Yi. Even though I use the Yi for divination (and I like it there, thank you :D), the book is much, much bigger than that aspect of it.

L

L

lightofreason

The owners of the MBTI did not like the format I had of MBTI-plus nore did they like the 'quick MBTI' page where it was all done in four questions not 100+ ;-)

I dont have the funds to fight corporations so I took them all down and will relabel them - the focus by them is on the expression.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
lightofreason said:
The owners of the MBTI did not like the format I had of MBTI-plus nore did they like the 'quick MBTI' page where it was all done in four questions not 100+ ;-)

That's right!! I forgot about "them". Yes, they are very protective of their copyright on the system. Perhaps we should be glad King Wen is not around... :D

L

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).