...life can be translucent

Menu

Where did he get that idea? 38. Opposition

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I spent the morning with my neighbor friends. They are Aquarians, born on the same day exactly one year apart. They are so smart and so lively that sometimes I just can't keep up. Today I said to the older boy (age 3), "I'm a very old person so I need you to not be too noisy." He immediately became serious and said to me, "You're an old person? And if I'm too noisy you'll go and come back as someone else?" Yikes! sounds like he thought I was going to die and be reincarnated! Later, he told his mother to be very quiet 'round Zawa or she will come back as someone else. It looked like the comment went completely over Mom's head, so I don't think he got any ideas about reincarnation from her. I asked the I Ching and got 38. Following as it does Hex.37, Family, I think this means he did not get the idea from his family but came up with it on his own.

Any thoughts?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Rosada (Zawa ;) ) the first thought that came to me on reading your post was that you and he are miscommunicating pure and simple, lol very easy with a 3 year old. I mean I think he may have meant something entirely different from what you think. You interpret to 'go and come back as someone else' as reincarnation, he could mean all sorts of things. Like perhaps he has seen neighbours move out in the area and then new people move in and he is expressing that as 'going away and coming back as someone else'. 38 is about two people not seeing quite eye to eye, so maybe its just your thoughts running along entirely different tracks - which is only to be expected you being 'very old' and him being 3, lol.

Mind you thats just a thought, who knows maybe he did mean it as you thought. It is common for small children I've heard to have pastlife memories.

I remember clear as anything the first time I heard about reincarnation. I was 6 years old and the teacher just mentioned the idea briefly. She only said something like'some people believe when we die we can come back' and everyone wanted to know if they could come back as animals or if they had been an animal, lol. But the idea sounded really familiar to me, not new at all and I thought instantly that it was true, that was how it was.

Maybe you knew the little boy in a previous life, or you knew him when you were a child and he an old man. One impression I keep getting, not related to anything in particular is how galling it feels to know people as youths or adults, not liking them much , die and then be reborn to them. Horrible, then they have complete control of you for x amount of years. :eek:

beithe

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan said
One impression I keep getting, not related to anything in particular is how galling it feels to know people as youths or adults, not liking them much , die and then be reborn to them. Horrible, then they have complete control of you for x amount of years.

Karmic punishment or refinement? :rofl:

beithe

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts! Somehow with my own kids I never saw their comments as being particularly outlandish, but these little guys just knock me out. The other day the older one had done a fine job helping me fold the laundry. He then asked for a popcicle. I told him I thought he had certainly earned one and reached into the freezer to get him one. His little brother immediately had his hand out too, so I said to the elder, "You get a popcicle because you learned to fold the laundry. Is there something you could teach your brother so he can earn a popcicle?"
"Sure!" he replied. So I handed him the treat and asked, "What are you going to teach him?" Without missing a beat he answered...
"How to eat a popcicle!"

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Where did he get that idea? 38. Opposition "

Opposition means misunderstandings. Probably in your effort to understand what the boy actually meant, you created a misunderstanding within your own mind. Therefore, if he ever says much the same thing again, ask him to explain what he means, I'm sure he will tell you.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for continued interest in this question, folks. Turns out Trojan and Willowfox were on to something when they spotted 38 as meaning a misunderstanding. I had thought the Mom didn't get what the little boy was saying when she didn't react. The next day she told me the full story. Seems the child's grandfather had had a full on previous life flashback several years ago and it caused quite a jolt in the family. Seems the grandfather had a health issue and went into a coma. When he woke up he reported very detailed memories of a past life as a civil war soldier. As this man's background did not include any sort of metaphysical teaching or acceptance, he did not find the experience amazing or reassuring as some of us might have. He was really tramatized by it and then became obsessed trying to track down whether the soldier self he remembered really had lived. He came up with obscure maps and name matches that confirmed that there had indeed been such a person. I don't know what he did about it then. This all happened maybe 15 years ago. But because he kinda went round the bend over it all his work and family got neglected and so there were a lot of repercussions. Family seems to have righted itself alright, but I guess it's still a big part of the family lore now. The little boy may even be named after someone the grandfather connected with from that experience. ANYWAY...so yeah, there was a miscommunication here. The little boy DID get the idea from the family. That I thought he did not was the misunderstanding.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I never heard of that before, someone recalling a past life through coma in old age. Usually its young children. Must be pretty disturbing :eek:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).