...life can be translucent

Menu

Newbie: Hexagram 55 changing to 32

kteis23

visitor
Reaction score
Hello! I have come across these forums many times while interpreting my DIY I-ching readings online, and decided to join, b/c I feel stuck.

To try to make a long story short ... I asked if I should launch my writing/essay/humor website. I got Hexagram 55, changing to Hexagram 32.

I used to publish a "hard-copy" 'zine (by the same name, which I'll share if you're interested) many years ago, and thought it would be fun to put my ideas back out there again, sort of like a more structured blog.

I've always wanted to write professionally, even went to school for journalism and worked at a couple of newspapers, and edited at a construction trade magazine, but hated news reporting and writing/editing on subjects that don't interest me. I aspire to be more of a personal essayist/columnist. However, I have abandoned "professional" writing, as far as doing it as a day job, b/c there's no money in it either, another reason why I've run into obstacles with freelancing, I guess I don't have the time, or motivation, to write for other people's magazines, for zero to little money.

When I published the zine years ago, I met a couple of people that I still am in contact with to this day (after I found them online). One friend tossed me some freelance writing gigs a few years ago (though he doesn't have any more for me). I'm wondering if just "doing my own thing" out there, instead of writing for other people's magazines, is what I need to do to get "noticed" ...

peace66

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome Kteis23!

Hello! I have come across these forums many times while interpreting my DIY I-ching readings online, and decided to join, b/c I feel stuck.

To try to make a long story short ... I asked if I should launch my writing/essay/humor website. I got Hexagram 55, changing to Hexagram 32.

I used to publish a "hard-copy" 'zine (by the same name, which I'll share if you're interested) many years ago, and thought it would be fun to put my ideas back out there again, sort of like a more structured blog.

I've always wanted to write professionally, even went to school for journalism and worked at a couple of newspapers, and edited at a construction trade magazine, but hated news reporting and writing/editing on subjects that don't interest me. I aspire to be more of a personal essayist/columnist. However, I have abandoned "professional" writing, as far as doing it as a day job, b/c there's no money in it either, another reason why I've run into obstacles with freelancing, I guess I don't have the time, or motivation, to write for other people's magazines, for zero to little money.

When I published the zine years ago, I met a couple of people that I still am in contact with to this day (after I found them online). One friend tossed me some freelance writing gigs a few years ago (though he doesn't have any more for me). I'm wondering if just "doing my own thing" out there, instead of writing for other people's magazines, is what I need to do to get "noticed" ...
I'm fairly new to The I Ching, but I'll offer what I can.
55 is a time of prosperity and abundance...
55, line 1 speaks of someone who can help you for a good long while.
55, line 2 seems to be saying also to enlist help for any complications that might arise
32 is Duration, something that is lasting and permanent...
So, I think it looks pretty good for you to go for what you want to do here!
I look forward to checking it out when you're up and running...
Peace:)

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Website question

Welcome to Clarity's, kteis23! :)

Only a few more comments: 55 often shows abundance not only of prosperity, but also of tasks, work and also troubles to reach a goal. As peace66 already said, don't feel afraid to show and make clear that you might need help on this task.

Together with 32: A long-lasting task and effort, which may very well worth it.

Good luck!

Namaste,

Soshin

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 55.1,2 > 32

This says to go ahead with your plan, you may even find a partner, but if the going is tough at first then don't force the issue or get exasperated, just be patient until your efforts show some reward.
Hex 32 says for you to keep going through thick and thin, and not to give up.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).