Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
M
maremaria
Guest
Hi,
Can we talk about 44.4 ?
Although this is the second time I received it, this time nothing makes sense to me. Many questions aroused by reading 44.4 as well as 57.4 ( I thought that maybe 57.4 could help me to understand it better…… It didn’t
)
What are the meanings of “fish” and “insignificance people” and where they “live”. Outside ourselves and/ or inside.? Maybe it depends on the question but what is the general meaning of these expressions, if we can say that there is a general meaning?
Wilhelm says “we became alienated” and LiSe “too unapproachable”, I assume from the “fish” and what stands behind that ,but I can understand what is all about ?
That distance creates problems so we must move towards them, act , try to reach them, but which is the destination and what should we approach. ?
And if 57.4 talks about that “approach” how you can explain it ?
There are more questions but for now I believe is better just to talk about the above.
Any thoughts, insights, examples from you would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Maria
Ps. I quote the available translations of 44.4 and 57.4
Can we talk about 44.4 ?
Although this is the second time I received it, this time nothing makes sense to me. Many questions aroused by reading 44.4 as well as 57.4 ( I thought that maybe 57.4 could help me to understand it better…… It didn’t
What are the meanings of “fish” and “insignificance people” and where they “live”. Outside ourselves and/ or inside.? Maybe it depends on the question but what is the general meaning of these expressions, if we can say that there is a general meaning?
Wilhelm says “we became alienated” and LiSe “too unapproachable”, I assume from the “fish” and what stands behind that ,but I can understand what is all about ?
That distance creates problems so we must move towards them, act , try to reach them, but which is the destination and what should we approach. ?
And if 57.4 talks about that “approach” how you can explain it ?
There are more questions but for now I believe is better just to talk about the above.
Any thoughts, insights, examples from you would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance,
Maria
Ps. I quote the available translations of 44.4 and 57.4
Wilhelm
No fish in the tank.
This leads to misfortune.
Insignificant people must be tolerated in order to keep them well disposed. Then we can make use of them if we should need them. If we become alienated from them and don't meet them halfway, they turn their backs on us and are not at our disposal when we need them. But this is our own fault.
LiSe
When one is too unapproachable one makes the arrival of creativity in life impossible. It is not for nothing that the artist seeks the seamy side of life. Too much distance causes sterility. Give everything in life a chance to be met, just examine it's value. Often a mixture of mutually incompatible things brings about creativity.
]Chris
"Holding on to nothing. Undertaking{rise-up} anything exposes one to danger." [valueless convictions
LiSe 57 4: Regrets go away. Catching three kinds of game in the hunt.
When something is accomplished, that is not the end. Let it live on, so it blends in with your life. Give feelings a chance to be expressed and shared, hope and pride to be seen, deeds to be acknowledged. Celebrate everything, nothing is insignificant, nothing should pass unnoticed and get forgotten.
57.4 Wilhelm
Remorse vanishes.
During the hunt
Three kinds of game are caught.
When a responsible position and accumulated experience lead one to
combine innate modesty with energetic action, great success is assured. The
three kinds of animals referred to served for offerings to the gods, for feasting
guests, and for everyday consumption. When the catch answered all three
purposes, the hunt was considered especially successful.