...life can be translucent

Menu

Question About Finances

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
What is the outlook for my finances over the next 90 days? 36 Unchanging.

What is the outlook if I use this specific marketing technique? 31.4 to 39

I think this is telling me that money is available to me but hidden ... and the marketing technique I am considering would be good, yes? Or, what is preserverance in this case? I am thinking of it as striving forward and meaning good hard work. Your thoughts welcomed, please!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 36 suggests that the outlook for your finances for the next 90 days does not look good at all.

Hex 31.4 > 39 suggests that if you try to use your marketing technique will not work out well, it will most likely fail to achieve it aims.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with W'fox that 36-ed finances don't look good - especially if you're looking at a business, which needs recognition to flourish. But with 31.4, I would go ahead. However, I wouldn't just be thinking of 'trying a marketing technique' (and then maybe stopping that one if it doesn't work and trying another one, and another...). I think you need some more long-term planning. Ask yourself how this particular technique fits in with your broader marketing plan, how it works together with other techniques, what the whole plan is based on... and so on.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
But with 31.4, I would go ahead. However, I wouldn't just be thinking of 'trying a marketing technique' (and then maybe stopping that one if it doesn't work and trying another one, and another...). I think you need some more long-term planning. Ask yourself how this particular technique fits in with your broader marketing plan, how it works together with other techniques, what the whole plan is based on... and so on.

I hate to disagree but I see this marketing technique as a way to manipulative others and this line says not to use any method of influence that is calculated or manipulative as it will backfire on the person trying it.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there. I didn't respond sooner because I am in shock at this sudden change in my finances. I had a feeling there may be a change, threw the coins, and then today the first concrete evidence of this negative change was felt. Is this a self-fulfilling premonition or am I just in tune with the times? Ouch.

Here is what is interesting: I asked Yi today, What is the best approach to increase my income during the next three months -- 52 unchanging. In fact I asked a related question over the weekend and received 33. Not sure how to take this. Perhaps this means things will work themselves out if I just be patient?

Because I spent time in meditation and visualization of gratitude for my prosperity over the weekend, I today asked again about the outlook fo rmy finances during the next three months, and this time got 7 unchanging. Any thoughts about all this?

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Actually - I asked a couple questions this weekend but don't have my notes with me - one answer I got was 34.2 which seems to say I have everything I need to succeed including desire but should hold back. I am not at all making sense of this theme for holding back in several answers, as my instinct is to TAKE ACTION to turn things around, or to ward off the influence altogether. But that doesn't seem to be what is Yi proposes at all. Quite confusing. Then I asked myself if perhaps I'm supposed to be spending my time in other ways over the next 90 days, not with my work? Hmmm. Not even sure about how to ask about that one. But it does seem I'm missing something, either for lack of personal insight or lack of understanding the hexs better.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi shefa

Just picked up on this thread, and it looks like you are not clear from the latest posts here. Taking a step back to your original question
What is the outlook for my finances over the next 90 days? 36 Unchanging.

What is the outlook if I use this specific marketing technique? 31.4 to 39

36 - This is perhaps pointing you to tread cautiously in all that you do over the next 90 days. This is going to be a lean time for you. Take the hard path and don't go looking to make a fast buck. If you apply yourself to this course of action then eventually things will take an up turn.

31- This is a methodology that you are enthusiastic about. You get excited about the possibilities of this.
31.4 - This could be good for you but you haven't really got your thoughts together on how to use this technique yet. Give it some more thought and ask other people about it.
Otherwise ....39 -This is going to become a millstone round your neck.

Love and hugs

Mike

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what is interesting: I asked Yi today, What is the best approach to increase my income during the next three months -- 52 unchanging. In fact I asked a related question over the weekend and received 33. Not sure how to take this. Perhaps this means things will work themselves out if I just be patient?

Because I spent time in meditation and visualization of gratitude for my prosperity over the weekend, I today asked again about the outlook fo rmy finances during the next three months, and this time got 7 unchanging. Any thoughts about all this?

Seems to me a low key approach is best, don't project too far into the future (52) 3 months is the future, don't think about that now. Back off from this as a problem (33), even ignore it (36). Stay in the now

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at 52 specifically: that's clear advice to get over your desire to TAKE ACTION, and not to react. Sit with your circumstances as they are, get to know them; resist the temptation to leap-frog over that stage and get straight to Doing Something. Adding 33 to the mix: don't over-extend yourself financially, stay safe.

Are you by any chance just in a line of business that doesn't do well over Christmas?

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Mike, I think you are right-on. Interesting that the question I asked was about "finances" yet I heard the answer to be about "income" but these are different altogether. Yes, I think I do need to be careful with my money just now for a variety of reasons, and perhaps that is the real message in 36.

Regarding the marketing technique, it's also true that I have not thought out the process better to make sure it is connected to an overall strategic approach, so it may be premature for me to employ that. Willow, I do not feel there is something manipulative in the approach at all, so I am not sure about that line reading. But that said, the approach would be focused to market to one particular group of people and perhaps that's what I am not supposed to do?

Trojan, yes the more I sit with all this the more I see your summary as right-on in terms of the best approach for me.

Hilary, I am in a business that could be influenced by the holidays, yes. I think where I have come to now with all this is to NOT take any big action, to keep doing what I am doing in terms of networking without doing anything new or special or assertive. And, I will also be more responsible in the areas of spending and budgeting, which might actually be what I'm really being called to do.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Regarding the marketing technique, it's also true that I have not thought out the process better to make sure it is connected to an overall strategic approach, so it may be premature for me to employ that. Willow, I do not feel there is something manipulative in the approach at all, so I am not sure about that line reading. But that said, the approach would be focused to market to one particular group of people and perhaps that's what I am not supposed to do?

I hate to argue but the fact that you are trying to "influence" a particular group of people says manipulation, you will be trying to get them to do something that "you" want them to do, you will put effort into influencing them, so it is not a case of them deciding for themselves like they had never seen you.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Manipulation is not the same thing as influence. And it's obviously not the same thing as simply making your offer visible to the right people. How, exactly, is anyone going to decide to buy what Shefa offers if they don't know it exists?

Another perspective: how come this forum has any members? Directly or indirectly, because of marketing.

Anyway... the question was, 'What's the [financial] outlook if I use this specific marketing technique?'

'Constancy brings good fortune, regrets vanish.
Wavering, wavering, going and coming,
Friends simply follow your desires.'

The auspice in that line is a good one, conditional on some 'constancy'. Then there's a picture of people (friends/ partners) following your influence; Yi does not say this is a) bad or b) unsuccessful. It does say that they will simply follow; by implication, if you waver to and fro, no-one is going to respond to you in a clear, decisive way that will make your mind up for you.

For me, this irresistibly brings to mind a very familiar picture: trying one marketing technique after another, never pausing long enough to make a plan, much less clarify the overall message. And getting lots of small responses, but never the good fortune that comes with constancy.

So in a way this is challenging the question. It's not about the technique - though that can work - it's about the steadiness and consistency with which you apply it.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Willow, you have been so helpful to me with readings and I am grateful to you for this. On this particular line reading for some reason I am not sure if we are connecting. It might be helpful to know that I do not sell anything, I offer a service, it's a common service that people use, and people are totally free to use me or any number of others. The marketing technique geared toward a particular group of people isn't manipulation at all - my place of business is located next door to a large company, where people do use my kind of service, and I want to get the word out more within that group of people that I am conveniently located should they want my service. I know for a fact that others who offer my service also market directly to this group and have been successul. In fact, "market" might be the wrong word here, as what I propose to do is actually a form of advertising. I understand that some people see any kind of marketing or advertising as a manipulation, but I believe I am very thoughtful and respectful and do not operate in that way. But I do at the same time honor what you see in the line.

Hilary, I have been wavering about doing this marketing for months, mostly because it will be expensive and even though I have good reason to believe it will be successful there is always a hesitation before putting out a chunk of money, and didn't Yi just tell me to be careful with that??

Last edited:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
True, so it did. I didn't know the method was an expensive one. Hm... is there a way to be in front of these people for an extended period, with less risk? As being suddenly present and then disappearing from view just as suddenly when the funds run out might also be a form of 'wavering, wavering'.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Good questiom, Hilary. There is one more possibility here. I have a colleague who works for this company who would be my contact for doing this advertising, and in fact this person is currently wavering about leaving the company. Perhaps the possible obstruction here is what would happen if I spend the money and the colleague leaves? Would this make a difference in terms of the success of this approach? Maybe. The 31 does say there is a mutual influence (the people at the company needing my service, yes, and me needing them, yes) but is this the way to go about informing them? This dialougue is helping me to realize I need to know more about my colleagues' plans.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
My idea of marketing is to put yourself onto the offensive which this line says not to do but quietly advertising is a completely different story.

Now Hex 52, 33, 7, hex 52 and 33 are telling you to back off the action and hex 7 is about being in control of yourself and disciplined.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Manipulation is not the same thing as influence. And it's obviously not the same thing as simply making your offer visible to the right people. How, exactly, is anyone going to decide to buy what Shefa offers if they don't know it exists?

Perhaps it was my misunderstanding of the words "specific marketing technique" which sounds to me like the need for strong pressure to be applied to the client in order to relieve them of their money. And this line says not to do that, does it not?

Now, just plain everyday advertising, with no force being applied, like in the newspapers is a very different approach and this line says that it is completely acceptable.

Also, we are discussing shefa's question and not a general question about marketing and how it applies to this forum, and remember we are discussing the specific line that shefa received, so the answer only applies to her and no one else on this forum.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Willow, you have been so helpful to me with readings and I am grateful to you for this. On this particular line reading for some reason I am not sure if we are connecting.

I have misunderstood the meaning of "technique" but my intention was to prevent you from losing anymore money on a dubious scheme, you already have financial problems, I was only trying to stop you from adding to them.

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Willow for the thoughtful replies here. I can understand that "technique" sounds manipulative but I was really just trying to say, "advertising method" is more accurate. I am trying to remain anonymous and not doing a very good job of communicating as a result.

So given these new insights I wonder if you and Hilary are now more in agreement about this being a worthwhile approach? Also, the wavering could be in my confidence level concernng my financial status. I am confident professionally but sometimes become uncertain financially and I am working on this.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So given these new insights I wonder if you and Hilary are now more in agreement about this being a worthwhile approach?

Yes, I now agree that advertising the way you describe is okay but Hex 39 says that an obstacle will keep you from achieving your goal and that you will need help, you can't do it alone but if you really persevere you can eventually overcome the problem.
Now, you say that it will be expensive, so if you put money into this idea and it gets stuck, then what? You will then need to cooperate with someone but your money is either stuck or disappearing while you try and sort the details out. The hex does say that you can win in the end but at what price? And will you have the financial backup to carry you through a period of waiting?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).