...life can be translucent

Menu

TimeFrames (for Jesed)

P

peace

Hi Jesed:

Where are you getting the time frames you mention - like "this started on April 3....and will end on August x....and this specific cycle is 37 days???

Is this from I Ching of something else?

Thanks,
Rosalie

J

jesed

Hi Rosalie

Of course is from Yi Jing.

There are many techniques that most of the books don't show.

Each hexagram is a Time... but time in a "easter" meaning. It means: each hexagram is a complex of various meanings: quelity of the objective situation, queality of the subjective situation, "spiritual" situation, "worldy" situation, past causes, future effects; recomendations for action, cosmologic time, AND CALENDARIC time frame.

This last one, calendaric time, apply only when the question is a "General Diagnosis" question.

In that case, you can drawn a time-line from inner trigram to outer trigram... and that is the calendaric time that will be ruling that hexagram. Each trigram is around 45 days. Example: from trigram Heaven to trigram Heaven (hexagram 1) there are 9 trigrams.. so 9x45= 405 days (so, if your General Diagnosis is in hex 1, the time frame is 405 days). Now, 405/6= 67 days Each line is 67 days period.

This is the general rule; exceptions when the entire hexagram is in the past... or when the entire hexagram is in the future.. and so much more

Best wishes

P

peace

Thanks Jesed.

I did not imply you were a genius and made it up
*grin* - although I think you are quite brilliant in your responses.

How did you figure 9 trigrams between Hex 1 and Hex 1? What is the order from inner to outer of the hexagrams? Is that like the King Wen arrangement? There seems to be a few different ones - so which do you use?

Happy day!
Rosalie

J

jesed

Hi

Well, actually is from trigram to trigram, in any hexagram. Inner trigram= line 1, 2 and 3; outer trigram= line 4, 5 and 6

In hexagram 1, you have inner trigram Heaven and outer trigram Heaven. So the time goes from Heaven to Heaven

In hexagram 36. you have inner trigram Fire and outer trigram Earth. So the time goes from Fire to Earth.

One has to use the Post-Heaven order. Because calendaric time is a "worldly" tool.

So, you localize the inner trigram in the Post-Heaven order. And drawn a line, clock-wise, to the outer trigram. That is your time-line. You add how many trigrams are in the time-line.

Example: hexagram 36. Inner trigram Li; outer trigram Earth. From Fire to Earth in Post-Heaven order are 2 trigrams (Fire and Earth). 2x45= 90 90 days of Darkening of the Light

90/6= 15 days for each line

You must localize the date of the consulting in the Post-heaven order. Example: if the question was now, is in Sun trigram.

In this case: because the question is in Sun; the entire hexagram is in the past (Fire and Earth came before Sun in the Post-Heaven order) So, the Time lived in the present is determinated for something that is in the past. Even if the facts are in the past, they determinate the present general diagnosis of the situation.

I hope I'm not too much "foggy" in this comment. I must repeat: this technique apply only to "general diagnosis" questions

Best wishes

P

peace

Thanks Jesed.
You are very clear.
I need to find the Post-Heaven order tomorrow and try a few. I'll let you know if I need help.

I think getting a timeline is useful.

Rosalie

P

peace

I think my real question behind this is:
How long is a reading good for?

I was poking around just now in the archives and there was a thread on this.

So - if I'd ask my question about job interviews today and then I ask again in a month - is it that I'm hoping for a different answer, or could the situation have really changed.

So - is the answer we get "in this moment" only??

I hope I'm not asking too many questions but I don't want to exploit the I Ching and therefore, decrease the value I get from it.

And maybe I just ate too much sugar today....

Thanks,
Rosalie

J

jesed

Hi Rosalie

Asking with coins, the "calendaric-time" scope is about 2 years.

Asking with yarrow, the answer covers larger cicles... even decades.

Of course, if you had asked a more concrete issue (like: what can I expect from taking job X?) the calendaric time technique doesn't aplly.

But, here is another important thing: every hexagram received as primary ( I mean, the one that results from the toss), have inside itself, at least 4 more "hidden" hexagrams.

This "hidden" hexagrams could take the place of the original hexagram... depending on the consultant actions. This is why some times, at the end, the "tendential" hexagram never arrive..

Maybe a metaphor could help: Yi Jing as a tourist road map. The primary hexagram is like a little village, where you are in the present. The Changing Lines are 1, 2 or more roads you can take... the tendential hexagram is a "destination" IF you take the roads suggested by Yi Jing.

But, there is another 4 villages around. So, it is possible that you don't take the roads in the map, and you'll arrive to another villages.

So, if you know the tendential hexgagram, you can choose if you want to go to that village or not; and if you know the others 4 hidden hexagrams, you can chose wich one is better for you.

Unfortunally, many people that dosn't knows the hidden hexagrams, arrive at one of them by negligency... some times arrive to a better one than tendetial, but the most of the time, arrive to a worst.

So, you could had ask a question now... and because of your actions, weeks later the same answer could be different... most os the time, the new answer is one of the hidden hexagrams of your previous question.

Best wishes

P

peace

Hi Jesed:

That makes so much sense.
Does that mean you need to ask more questions as a followup to the general question?

So for example, if I asked:
What insights will I get over time from on-line clarity?

Let's say I get 19. But that would not be specific enough (because I asked a general question).

Then would I say - Ok - what aspects of 19? And if I got changing lines, each line might be something I would learn - even if they appeared contradictory at first look.

Is that why they say a sequence of 6 hexagrams gives you a full answer?

Thanks,
Rosalie

J

jesed

Hi Rosalie

"Is that why they say a sequence of 6 hexagrams gives you a full answer? "
mmm no. That is another tool.. from the generating order, you can derive a cicle. I must confess, I personaly don't use that... but I know some people find it useful

J

jesed

About "hidden" hexagrams.

Bradford's work describe 3 of them. See "The Qian Gua", "The Pang Tong Gua" and "The Jiao Gua" in his work.

Others "hidden" hexagrams, both macrocosmical and microcosmical, are derivate from Binary Secuence.

Best wishes

P

peace

Thanks Jesed.

There is so much to learn.
I'm going to read through Bradford's and LiSe's work for now and go deeper into I Ching.
I'm ready to learn the next level.

Thanks for your patience.
Rosalie

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).