...life can be translucent

Menu

54 to 55

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
What is your experience of this answer and it's meaning for you?

M

mirian

I used to get this reading related to a relationship in the past. The person who poses the question is being kept in the background - she/he is neither influential nor valued, which is the last thing one wants in a relationship.
The partner might not be faithful or does not love her/him anymore.
However, the person simply accepts the position that is not compatible with her/his self-steem and it is actually far from what one would like to have.
It is very frustrating, of course, but it is up to the person to decide whether or not she/he should remain in this situation.

Mirian

shefa

visitor
Reaction score
Miriam, thanks for sharing your experience of this. I was hoping to find examples of this combination that didn't deal with relationships, and wondering if there are any out there?

M

mirian

Hi Shefa

I am quoting this interpretation from the book "The wisdom of the I Ching" (Eyler Coates, Sr), which relates the hexagrams to work & business.

54.2 - "A man feels he has fallen out of favor. Whereas he had hopes of a productive relationship with the head man, the head man seems to ignore him and leaves him to his own devices.
He accepts his situation and resolves to accomplish as much as he can, regardless of the apparent neglect. He remains steady, even though there is no assurance that his situation will improve."

54.3 "A man is in a position of little status, and yearns for something better. He is unable to move ahead through the ordinary competitive channels, however, and chooses to make headway in a way that is not flattering to his reputation, even though it is not exactly illegal or wrong. Thus, there is a trade-off: he gains some of the advantages that he so eagerly seeks, but he is not thought highly of because of what he must do to win these gains. It is a real choice with real consequences."

It might help.
Mirian

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
55 can indicate a huge profusion of detail, perhaps many opportunities, lots of things requiring attention at once. Its often a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees. With 55 you often have to realise you can't do everything, you have to make a choice and one has enough gathered information to make a decision. If I relate the 54 to how one goes about dealing with the profusion it would seem one is not in a great position to deal with it, one is alone maybe with less authority/autonomy than one would like.

Hence generally, not knowing the question I'd say perhaps this combination means one does not have the support or recognition one needs to deal with all this profusion coming at one - which could be anything - maybe lots of job offers, possibilities and of course confusion - like a child with a huge array of party food on the table you can't eat it all yet you don't want to miss anything either - hmm but actually its not quite yours to pick and choose anyway. Looks like its all there for you but rather than empowering you it entraps you. Personally I often find 54 comes up around false desires that enslave because they are not accorded their proper place but start to govern one - With this I'd consider how much freedom of movement I really had in the situation and be aware one can't maybe deal with all this without more freedom/autonomy - which isn't there

Of course there must be many ways to see this combination - thats just one

If you look at the picture 54 and 55 make together - a girl away from her own home, out of her depth being faced with many choices - how much power does she have to make them though ?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).