...life can be translucent

Menu

Is 38.6>54 a breakup hexagram?

imsonicaal

visitor
Reaction score
38.6 shows a pig covered with dirt, 54.6 shows nothing that acts to further.
Would there be hope?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Is 38.6>54 a breakup hexagram?

No, it is not a breakup Hex. more a hex of misunderstandings caused by stupidity by not seeing that the other person in fact on your side and is your friend, and not some alien.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, but whay does nothing act to further?

"Nothing acts to further" if you stick to this line of thought - hence the changing hex of 54 impulsiveness and immaturity.

Topal

imsonicaal

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, does it mean if the line of thought is altered positively, things could be furthered?

Thanks both willowfox and topal for your answers, though.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, but why does nothing act to further?

If you are the one who is seeing your friend/partner as a filthy pig when in actual fact they are not, then Hex 54 is telling you to back off as you are in no position to call them names and your wrong thinking will not get you anywhere and therefore if you persist in being dominant then you will experience upset.

imsonicaal

visitor
Reaction score
They aren't called "filthy pig" in a literal sense, though the analogy is interesting. The said person has been pretty confusing for me, and i'm left wondering where it is heading.
There is some negative energy directed though, that's for sure.
I'm not sure i'm dominant, or what dominant means in a relationship, but i like things clear cut, and my partner dont.. so the hexagram is saying that faithfulness is a given, hopefully? I'm thinking my partner and I cannot last because there might be some competition elsewhere.

"One way to find out..."
By living it?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Like every other situation imaged in the Yi, 38.6 is temporary. It's going to move on to another situation. Now, whether that new situation is better or worse than 38.6 depends to a certain extent on how you handle the 38.6 situation.

Here are the main elements of 38.6:

1 You've got a very negative view of the situation or the players in the situation.

2 You feel like you're on your own.

3 You're in a defensive/aggressive mode of reaction because of the way you're viewing the situation.

4 The way things appear is an illusion, however - the forces in this situation are actually your support/your friends/your allies.

5 When the moment passes, you will see your delusion, tension will relax, and good times will ensue.

Here's how to handle a 38.6 situation: don't trust in your own afflicted perceptions and reactions, cuz on the one hand they're not seeing the situation accurately, and on the other hand, if you DO something about it, you'll be acting out of that illusion that they're dirty pigs and you will make the situation worse. (That's why 'nothing acts to further' - remember how I said before that whether things turn out better or worse depends on how you handle the situation?) So this is one of the many situations in the Yi where the main advice is 'do nothing'. Except, of course, to restrain the urge to act on impulse. Except, of course, for watching yourself in a phase of illusion and delusion. Except, of course, for getting support in places like this.

As for your doubts about faithfulness, those doubts are unfounded. As for your question about there being any hope - yes, there's tons of hope.

imsonicaal

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro, that was a very good interpretation. Your 5 points are spot on!
Time has passed, and, I did nothing.. things were as usual, and you're right regarding hope.

With regards to hope, do "bad" hexagrams contain positive twists, or are there doomed hexagrams? \

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
do "bad" hexagrams contain positive twists, or are there doomed hexagrams? \

Hexagrams are like weather reports - some are pleasant pictures, some are unpleasant, but you know one thing for sure: no matter what the picture is, it's gonna change.

But to go a little deeper into your question: even a storm brings down deadwood, which is necessary. In other words, even 'doomed' situations have a positive function, although going through the experience may be unpleasant. Think of going to the dentist - it's necessary and it has a positive outcome, but it's not something that people would line up for in their free time if it weren't necessary.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).