...life can be translucent

Menu

Academic direction 41.4.5 -> 10

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Hello there :)
I am currently re-assessing what I would like to do with my life/career/studies etc and asked the Yi for some insight. I have been studying a generalist sort of degree for a few years now and I am not really into it. I have finished a major in Japanese already and now have no more Japanese subjects that I can take at uni. I have studied some other languages but none of the excite me as much as the Japanese. So now in order to finish my degree I would have to take a whole bunch of subjects that really aren't my passion. As I have not really been enjoying my course I have taken 12 months off. I planned to drop it completely but I figured I should just take time off in case I wanna go back. I really just want to study more and more Japanese to increase my knowledge of every aspect of the language. Obviously at the moment I can't do that in the degree I am in so I am seriously thinking of doing a diploma in interpreting and translation. I have always been interested in these areas, especially interpreting, and I feel this would give me a real incentive to get my language skills up to native level.

I am very keen to start the application process but I am a bit apprehensive. I don't like the idea of starting it and pulling out because i don't like it and I must admit I find all the deadlines and pressure of university study quite stressful. Each day I feel more confident in my ability to handle the workload (and i'm actually getting quite excited about it!) but I guess I still am a bit scared that I am not going to really enjoy it.

Anyway, I asked the Yi "Would I be happy doing the interpreting course?" and got 41.4.5 -> 10

It seems promising but I never seem to be able to interpret the Yi when the question really means a lot to me!

I would love to hear some of your thoughts!!!

yoroshiku onegai itashimasu!!!

u_n

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"Would I be happy doing the interpreting course?" and got 41.4.5 -> 10

This says that you must first get rid of your negative way of thinking, your defeatist attitude, you need to be confident in your ability to succeed and then you will be really happy doing the language course.

Hex 10 says that doing the course maybe a bit of a risk but don't worry for all will go well.

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies :) I guess I interpreted the original 55 reading as being that I both need to pick something out of the big range of options and also to stick with what I know and not go into completely new territory. I don't know if that's necessarily how I interpreted it at the time but looking at it now that's what I think. This new one I feel is really positive, I do think it has to do with having a good old fashioned clean out of my space, mind, body and soul and clearing away my bad habits. Like clearing the weeds, and preparing the soil before planting a garden. Whaddya reckon??

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Hi u_n,

I recommend you ask a broader question. For example,
What is my way to make an excellent career choice now?
Please guide me to a healthy career choice.
How should I balance work and study at this time of my life?

Once you know the criteria for a good choice, it will be easier to decide about any particular class or job.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
To continually be in a state of doubt and confusion will never give you the success that you are looking for.

unusual_noises

visitor
Reaction score
hey there people :)
Itook ben_s's advice and cast a more general reading. I asked 'What is my way to make an excellent career choice now?' I got 55.5 -> 49 (hehe, again!!!) I haven't really had time to think about it yet but I will post my ideas a bit later on :)

speak soon!

u_n

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
hey there people :)
Itook ben_s's advice and cast a more general reading. I asked 'What is my way to make an excellent career choice now?' I got 55.5 -> 49

Line 55.5 says the same thing as a reading that you received a couple of weeks ago, see a career counselor.

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
55.5 "...modest and therefore open to the counsel of able men. He is surrounded by men who suggest to him the lines of action. This brings blessing, fame, and good fortune to him and all the people." If you do this, you move to 49 "REVOLUTION. On your own day you are believed."

How can you be believed by "all the people," if even you don't know what you stand for?

How successful is a revolutionary who says, "I kinda wanta like change something, what do you think I should want to change?"

I agree with Willowfox completely on this one. You need good people to advise you in person.

Many schools have a career center. Many offer a career planning workshop. I could recommend some career planning books, bhe Yi is telling you to be "surround by people" who can guide you. The oracle says so clearly that for you, there's no substitute for a class or workshop.

You have a unique combination of strengths, skills, talents, interests, passions, a personality, an environment where you thrive. You need a guide to help you list these favorite, most important things in your life. Only then can you choose goals and plans that fit your own vision. If you have no vision for yourself, how can other people tell you what plans you should make?

You can blow this off, but then you'll need to deal with it later. Might as well get it right while it's still easy to fix.

I also missed this from your first post, in order to finish my degree I would have to take a whole bunch of subjects that really aren't my passion. If you mean general education, the whole point is to get you introduced to a whole bunch of subjects that help you be a well-rounded person. And you might discover a new passion if you study something new to you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).