...life can be translucent

Menu

shoulda stay or shoulda go??????

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hello everyone,

even though having made a promise to myself to try to unravel i ching's answers relying on my wits (and all the discussions going on here -justa little help from friends:blush:) at this point my mind is just too tired to find its way out . . so in serious need of straightforward advice . .

the deal is this: i just finished my master's thesis (hallelujah!!), still have some things to wrap up and hoping to leave and suck some Greek sun and sea coming week BUT
my supervisor has suggested to take another look at it and hand it in at the end of the month (no no no no, no holidays, fourth year in a row:eek:uch:) if i still want to graduate on time. So i asked:

1)what will be the outcome if i choose not to go on holidays in order to finish on time?
17.1,5 to 16

2)what will be the outcome if i choose to go on holidays and graduate later?
26.3 to 41

3) what do you advise me to do with my vacation and graduation date?
61.1,6 to 29 (this is starting to come up quite often!!:eek:)

Have to make up a decision fast, not going on holidays seems to be the right thing but going on without switchin my mind off in nature for so long feels a bit too much right now

:confused::confused::confused:
what is your take on those?

rodaki

D

diamanda

Hi Rodaki,

I think the first answer you got shows you the perfect solution for everything.
17 - follow, adapt (ie follow the advice of your tutor)
17:1 - go out of the door with friends (till you finish your paper, have fun too)
17:5 - sincere in the good (do what you know is best, finish your paper)
16 - set armies marching with enthusiasm (finish it quick, go on holiday right after!)

Greece is well hot in September too. There must be a way to fit it all in..?

Sounds to me from 26:3>41 that it will be a bit of a struggle if you leave it for later.

And your last answer tells you to listen to your heart (you need to go on holiday!),
get ready (61:1), don't just talk about it, do something about it (61:6). Or you'll
endanger yourself (logical, if you go without a holiday fourth year in a row!).

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
ouf!I know, i should take a deep breath and go on with working . . at least for a little while longer . . then hopefully i'll get at least a couple of weekends of fun and games . . But to be honest, I almost got a stroke seeing my holidays vanishing somewhere in the distant future :eek:
it's a hard job but somebody's gotta do it!!(oh well, maybe a tad melodramatic here)

thnx for everything Diamanda ;)

rodaki

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
. . . and a more general question for anyone who cares to go into that:

Did anyone have a pleasant experience with 29? Been through its Memorizing thread and looks like it's seen mostly as a precarious state to find oneself . . Recently got it also in a question about synchronicities and flows of energy, do you think it can get the shape of a positive challenge in those terms or others?

rodaki

D

diamanda

What an interesting question... I can't say i ever had a 'pleasant' experience with
29. Although it did somehow work out positively in the end in some roundabout
manner. 29 speaks of danger which 'returns'. This is not a new danger, something
we've never experienced before, like 51, in which case we just need to do our best
to keep our wits about us. 29 is something that we've encountered before. Perhaps
not in the exact form, but circumstances we've been through before. 29 is thus a
great lesson. The situation returns, and we need to remember what we wish we
could have done in the past. It advises sincerity. If you have sincerity, and you
know what's in your heart, and you follow this, then no matter what this will show
externally. Internal beliefs are always obvious, in one way or another, externally.
This of course presupposes that we have a good set of sound rules in our hearts,
which we know to be good and true. 29 serves as a teacher to us, it helps us
practise and make perfect.

The roundabout positive outcome that i mentioned, at least for me, was the
fulfilment and sense of achievement you feel in yourself afterwards, once you've
mastered this dangerous turn, and know how to handle a similar situation, should
it arise again in the future.

All this, of course, in the sense that you mentioned it, as a lesson, because when i
get 29 in more practical questions, where i do have a choice, i just don't 'go there'.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
. . . and a more general question for anyone who cares to go into that:

Did anyone have a pleasant experience with 29? Been through its Memorizing thread and looks like it's seen mostly as a precarious state to find oneself . . Recently got it also in a question about synchronicities and flows of energy, do you think it can get the shape of a positive challenge in those terms or others?

rodaki

Hmmm its precarious...and yet somehow predictable in that it is repetetive precariousness.... If one is used to danger danger doesn't actually feel that dangerous...maybe thats the danger !

For me 29 is a sign that I've been through it many times and theres pain, insecurity but you can get used even to those. Sometimes I think 29 can point out to you you are in the repeating chasm and you don't even know it. In my own experience 29 seems to show up for those chronic patterns I've got used to living with, head just gets out of the water and in i plunge again and yet this may have been going on so long i think its normal life...sometimes 29 can be like a version of your own 32 if you know what i mean. I think it shows up when one keeps repeating same patterns that end up with you struggling to keep your foothold...yet, in my experience anyway, if you keep your head you don't drown..but then again if you don't learn another way its likley you'll end up back underwater again and again.. But how you apply it depends on your question...when it comes up around long standing issues for me like money etc I just go :rolleyes: but like Diamanda said if its a question where I'm presenting a choice for some immediate action i probably wouldn't choose to go there..but i think 29 is interesting, it has hidden depths ;)
BTW if you look at Hilarys latest blog entry thats about 29.

Although alot of my experience has been around repetition for 29 i think it also shows up in situations where you have no idea you have to 'just do it' and keep doing it till you can swim ( or something)...so although i experience it as repetition of trouble, trouble i know, must be i still can't know it at all or it wouldn't be trouble....now i've confused myself ah well...

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
ok, having eased my mind from the sudden change of plans, did some more reading on this . .

Diamanda, I found what you said brings up questions that might help me understand better:

29 is something that we've encountered before. Perhaps
not in the exact form, but circumstances we've been through before. 29 is thus a
great lesson. The situation returns, and we need to remember what we wish we
could have done in the past.

So, how far back in time? Is the memory coming directly from actual lived experiences or from a deeper, more remote source? A thing about turbulent waters is they can bring to the surface things lying at the bottom as much as drown things from the surface . .

LiSe has a note on 29 about patterns (should have been there earlier, I know :blush:) about the ways we recognise and almost instinctively respond to situations. This is not about purposefully using memory, but being carried away by some kind of memory ingrained in you, in some neural path of awareness rather than a reservoir of knowledge. Is the pit within the pit the path of such memory?

and another question: are the flows of energy that trigger synchronicities parts of such a gorge?
Ewald writes in the Memorizing thread:

I don't think 習 in 29.0 and 29.1 is about repetition of danger or an abyss at all. Sure, danger can seem repeated, because of it's looming nature. But this is about entering into an abyss, and what one very much needs is getting accustomed to this dangerous new situation, familiarizing with it. That is what 習 means. To deal with an unknown, and thereby dangerous, situation one needs to get to know it.

are synchronicities just the edges of such an unknown realm?
In the relevant answer I got, I actually had 52, Keeping Still to 29 (that would be 52.2,3,5,6)
Is that a lesson for meditation as a way to go into the danger of the abyss ready and strong?

could I have more questions? I think so!
but I'd love to hear your say on these for starters . .

rodaki

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi Trojan, we just crossed posts :)

sometimes 29 can be like a version of your own 32 if you know what i mean

being perpetually bound to danger then? 32 has the sense of long-standing relationship, even marriage right? Sounds a bit self-destructive then . . is it the thrill of sheer force?

rodaki

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
somehow the pit within the pit reminds me of this strange kind of images that keep repeating themselves perpetually and this is not about being captured in an image but also about structural patterns like fractals . . and their name is 'mise en abyme" , 'placed in an abyss' or sth like that if my french is not failing me . .

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
1)what will be the outcome if i choose not to go on holidays in order to finish on time?
17.1,5 to 16

This basically advises you to not to go on holiday but to get that paper fixed, then you will be happy and ready to take off.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi Willowfox,

yap! point taken, hard to shallow, but Im back on my desk, bright and early!

thnx for stoping by ;)

rodaki

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
hi Trojan, we just crossed posts :)

being perpetually bound to danger then? 32 has the sense of long-standing relationship, even marriage right? Sounds a bit self-destructive then . . is it the thrill of sheer force?

rodaki

No I think it can be just the sheer power of ingrained response. For example if always on the edge in regard to money say and always have been then one might go on perpetuating that situation simply because what is familiar and known is attractive even if uncomfortable. You know like people who keep going back to abusive relationships. If they haven't known any other kind, if they grew up with them anything else doesn't feel right. In that sense it is destructive yes and I've noticed Yi has bought to my attention that which is 'dangerous' which i hadn't considered dangerous. Anyway may not be relevant to your situation am following own musings really :D

Re your readings I don't think they are telling you what to do at all in any strong way just showing slightly differnt scenarios. 26.3 shows you working hard which you'd have to do if you took time off thats all.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
yeah, about the readings, that was my sense of them, maybe that's why I couldn't easily figure out whatwas best . .
of course 26.3 was also part of another question on studying (ok different questions but again on how to make decisions related to education) and there it turned out that it pointed to sth that seemed necessary and desireable but in the end you'd have to go back to your first choice . . a bit like a detour you have to try out . .

well, in that case, maybe the last answer (61 to 29) was about what you've been saying here, that my inner wish would lead me to a choice made before, maybe not from me but a way travelled before and shared for general knowledge. Hmmm . .

anyhow, the conditioning of patterns always feels a bit like being trapped and threatened by something overpowering . .
I guess 29 is basically a tough one no matter what!

rodaki

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, about the readings, that was my sense of them, maybe that's why I couldn't easily figure out whatwas best . .

rodaki

Yes i find that happens where it doesn't really make much difference in the scheme of your life what you do...so may as well do as your inclination dictates.

D

diamanda

I'd like to add here that if the whole answer you got was 52, lines 2,3,5,6, to 29,
then the whole thing sounds to me a bit like this:

52 - you should keep calm and still
52:2 - but i can't convince you now can i?
52:3 - because you're really unhappy with things and totally divided within you
52:5 - at least be very careful with how you phrase things, with your words
52:6 - at this stage, que sera sera
(also note line 29:1 - you are so accustomed to danger that you consider it normal)
29 - danger, make sure you are sincere, and make sure you're following your heart

Not sure if it's relevant at all in your question, but i thought i'd mention it.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:
yes, totally relevant here
(laughing because this short monologue sounds like a parent talking to a stubborn child who wants to get its own way!:hissy:)

already relaxed my resistance to the way things evolve, now i guess i can enjoy the ride even if I didn't choose it in the first place, no more :brickwall:

thanks to all for your input!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).