...life can be translucent

Menu

53-line 3 and 5 advise needed

saskia

visitor
Reaction score
Hello to all the members of this forum. I visit this site often to read previous postings, which is very helpful in clarifying consults I get when asking the I Ching.

But reading through these posting didnt provide me with a real understanding of 53 changing to 23, lines 3 and 5 moving.

I am seeing a woman for some time now. We had a sort of false start when she half a year ago unexpectedly told me she was in love with me, when I just started a relationship with another girl.
This last relationship broke off some weeks ago.
I still see this first woman, I actually like her very much. Yesterdag we went to the movies and had a real nice time together.
I wonder if there is still a possibility for a love relationship between us.
I asked the IChing how I should relate to this/ cq behave in this situation. The answer is 53- 3 and 5 changes to 23.

Is the ICHING telling me that this situation is barren and I am not to pursue a relationship with her(line 3)?.
Or is it telling me that although it might seem stuck now I should calmly continue and things will turn out well?
The relating hexagram 23 seems negative, so this confirms more the impression from line 3.

Could anyone maybe give his or her opinion about this reading?

thanks, Saskia

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Saskia

I see this reading in a positive light.Although without knowing th equestion i does make specific answers a bit more difficult.

53 says you have to go forward slowly. At the moment you may have gone down a wrong path (3)but you will get to the relationship you want in the end (5). In going through this process you'll change a lot of your views/beliefs (23), but it'll put you in a position where you can go forward with a fresh outlook on life.

I hope this helps in some way.
Peace and Love
Mike

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Saskia
It's not as bad as you might think.
First attempt at right mating was aborted (53.3)
Next try will take lots patience and care, if you two determine it's worth it (53.5).
If you look at 20.5 as one of the transitional hexagram, you might find a way for this experience to serve you. At least she knows you were loyal to the one you were with and not the cheatin' kind.
23 isn't so bad unless you have a lot of extra stuff and baggage. It's just a time to concentrate on essentials and let go of the rest.

saskia

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Mike and Bradford,
Thanks for your thoughts on this one. It makes a lot of sense to me to think about it this way- line 3 refering to previous situation, line 5 as a new try or possible outcome, stressing that this is a situation of gradual development, that it will need a lot of time and patience.

I asked the IChing this morning to help me understand what is going on between her and me, and got a 53 unchanging, so I feel confirmed in that we are in a process together of getting to know one another. Somehow I feel quite sure we will form some sort of relationship, and time will tell if it will be a friendship or a love relationship.

Thank you for your time and kindness.
Saskia

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).