...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex. 1 and 55.2.4

beth

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all!

I wanted to tell you that I love this forum. When I found it, I started to study the I Ching and slowly, I am starting to understand some, but still, I need a lot of help. :rolleyes:

I just discovered the search index and I love it. I was looking for some guidance there and I found some, but I am still unsure of what I received.

I asked to the I Ching how would I recognize my man and I received 55.2.4 to 11. I found some answers in this forum about that, and I think I got it clear.

I asked afterwards, is X my man? and I received Hex. 1, no changing lines. I read that 1 is about energy, creative energy, and as something creative I could take it as a yes, but I read as well that this is energy that doesn't go anywhere, like it could be nice but nothing happens. I wanted to ask you what you think on this.

Thank you.
Beth

PS: you rock guys!

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hey,

I guess in a nutshell this is saying there is no 'how' about it - you just will!
55 Abundance - perhaps that when it's the right person it will fill you up and you will just know - and changing to Peace perhaps that you will feel relaxed and know it's right when you meet him - so in theory it should be simple! You just have to wait for him to come along and presumably a good feeling will overwhelm you with no doubts undermining it... I wonder if that actually happens to people though?

I don't know what love is - I seem to be drawn to a person, but if they then show a real interest back - I shy away - or find myself more attracted to someone else who makes me nervous and feel butterflies but who I know deep down probably wouldn't go for me - even if they do charm me!

What I'm trying to say, inarticulately, is that it looks like the Yi is saying when you meet the right person you'll just know - everything will fall into place and be perfect on every level... sounds great - something to hope for but does it really happen all you happy couples!? Or does it build - or do you generally have to accept that they are perhaps not your ideal vision but you get on well and care for the person and are attracted to the person and so you should realise that it's a good opportunity to be in a happy and equal relationship? As I said I seem to sabotage any chance of having a proper boyfriend, because I end up fantasising about the ones who are probably unavailable, eventhough I am attracted to the ones I feel more comfortable with and who give me something back - I still end up thinking that they are not perfect, and someone else will preoccupy my idealised romantic notions... usually the one that I can't make eye contact with.. Does this suggest, my inability to make eye contact, that I know subconsiously that this person is not on my level emotionally?

Sorry for rabbitting but I hope perhaps there was something there that you can relate to / comment on!?

:rolleyes:

beth

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much, em ching! I understand what you mean and I relate totally with all you say. Perhaps what I was looking with my questions is to know if the feeling I have with this man I taking me somewhere. I asked about him because since we met, I have recognize 55.2.4 quite clearly as my perception of him. That's why I asked if he was my man. I have been reading hexagram 1 and it seems that -potentially- could be... Perhaps I am misreading this. At this point, my question comes out from curiosity, because my relationship with him is unfolding at the moment, so I really cannot tell.

I did ask a weird question later... what should I hope for his feelings towards me? I received 28 unchanging. I asked like "what I am allowed" to expect from his feelings. I know it is a weird question but it came to my mind while I was asking. I take the most positive side of 28 here because my question was about what I should hope.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 55.4 suggests that he will have very similar ideas, attitude and ways to what you have, you are compatible on many levels.

Hex 1 is a very positive answer.

Hex 28 suggests that he will be very careful in expressing his feelings.

beth

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Willowfox! I always read your posts and I'm glad you also responded to mine. You are helping out a lot of people in this forum.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).